• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Catalyst 858

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Not to go all chadly on you haha. I think you’d be a lot of fun to ride and barter with
Oh man, I am definitely memorable to ride with! Lotsa laffs fo sure. I love riding with Washington guys. Y’all are up for anything and soooo nice.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I was just thinking... I hadn't seen anything on this. Does the Catalyst have that center-mounted cooler setup like the Polaris sleds? My Khaos overheats very easily on hardpacked trails even with ice scratchers unless I can stay above 20 mph. If it's one of those badly-washboarded trails where you can't go very fast, it WILL hit 200 deg and shut off. Sometimes it's necessary to ride trails to get to the play areas.
Put the new scratchers that poo came out with in 24 makes a huge difference. 30-40 degrees cooler

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
im down! I'm less than an hour from the border

ID I'd like to come check out your riding areas too!
I’m the official Canadian show er aroundr of Brandywine area!

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
For those who have demo'd an 858. How does the intake noise compare to the Ctec 800? The Cat's intake draw is loud, even going back to my Proclimb it was the most dominant noise while riding.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
For those who have demo'd an 858. How does the intake noise compare to the Ctec 800? The Cat's intake draw is loud, even going back to my Proclimb it was the most dominant noise while riding.
Interesting something I've never paid attention to. My intake is opened up a bit, circle frog skins in the nose area. I did that before I even rode the sled. I have never had a bog issue in over the hood snow. Maybe that relieves some of the noise you are talking about. 🤷‍♂️

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I’m more of a spring rider type fella. I always say, when I start to see boats on trailers, it’s time to start sledding!

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
1130 starts to let the frozen trails thaw, blue bird, warm spring sun, fresh pow. Mmmmmmmmm.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Yes...late starts. Took me a couple years to convince others there was no need for early starts in spring.....let the sun do its thing and soften up that snow.
Amen brotha

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Yes...late starts. Took me a couple years to convince others there was no need for early starts in spring.....let the sun do its thing and soften up that snow.
I always like starting early because our parking lots become a total **** show after about 9am on a weekend. That, and it's nice to leave a little earlier to go home to beat the ski traffic back to town.

I sometimes ride week days with one of my employees and we never start before 10. It is pretty nice getting to sleep in and take my time in the morning. Wish my wife didn't work M-F because I could go without weekend rides with the crowds.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I always like starting early because our parking lots become a total **** show after about 9am on a weekend. That, and it's nice to leave a little earlier to go home to beat the ski traffic back to town.

I sometimes ride week days with one of my employees and we never start before 10. It is pretty nice getting to sleep in and take my time in the morning. Wish my wife didn't work M-F because I could go without weekend rides with the crowds.
You sound stressful to sled with. Methinks you need to lighten up. Too many rules and time expectations=no fun. Haha

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
You sound stressful to sled with. Methinks you need to lighten up. Too many rules and time expectations=no fun. Haha
My whole family are early birds, my wife hates it haha. If we ride later into the day it's no big deal, but usually the old guys are tired by early afternoon anyway.

The stress comes from the hoardes of people moving to Bozeman that have no common courtesy. There never used to be issues, but now it's not uncommon to come back to your truck and have 3 or 4 vehicles blocking you from getting out of the parking lot. The biggest lot we go to can have around 100 rigs in it sometimes, it's insanity. Being early at least gets you a spot with a straight shot to the highway.

Premium Features