• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Catalyst 858

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
My whole family are early birds, my wife hates it haha. If we ride later into the day it's no big deal, but usually the old guys are tired by early afternoon anyway.

The stress comes from the hoardes of people moving to Bozeman that have no common courtesy. There never used to be issues, but now it's not uncommon to come back to your truck and have 3 or 4 vehicles blocking you from getting out of the parking lot. The biggest lot we go to can have around 100 rigs in it sometimes, it's insanity. Being early at least gets you a spot with a straight shot to the highway.
We have the same problem. This year has been ridiculous. If we’re not to the lot by 8am we’re lucky to find a spot and we ride from one of the less popular trail heads in the area. The “cool” places where everybody leaves from are usually already filled up with trucks parked on the side of the highway by that time even.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Not sure I’d bet fully on that.
Some of our worst avalanches are as it warms and gets heavier settling along rocks. Also more deadly as you’re in cement instead of drier loose snow.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
You guys are all talking about a snowpack 700 miles inland from us. Valid points, but not applicable to our coastal snowpack here right now. It’s been 40° at elevation for 3 days now. All my local areas are cleaned out

For reference. I’m an hour from Kane. I ride 3-4 days a week and assess snow. I have a pretty good pulse on the snowpack.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
But to be fair to the same point, whistler’s snowpack could be completely different than my local snow. Although close in proximity

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Mine was general snow physics statement, there are those that don’t consider your specifics and head out blindly not realizing warm snow can let loose as well.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Premium Features