• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat Catalyst 858

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
Yeah Matt makes great videos and it's cool to see him on all his various sleds. Anybody who can ride a 146 in the deep has my respect!

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
Ohhh that one. I didn't actually finish that video. Guess I'll have to go do that now. :)

Krause09

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
This last week we have been blessed with 4ft of good pnw snow. Having the ascender alpha and 600 catalyst I was skeptical on taking it thinking I’d want the power of the 800. I’m so glad that I did, this new chassis just amazes me every time! Feels so light and the 3” 154 track just floats, lean back and the skis go up.
I let my brother and a friend take it also, they came back just staring at it in disbelief!
I’m almost positive they will be checking one now! The 858 of course

IMG_0273.jpeg

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
Great news! I'm even more excited to get mine. If it's as good as I'm hearing, my Khaos may be going away.

Krause09

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
Great news! I'm even more excited to get mine. If it's as good as I'm hearing, my Khaos may be going away.
It rides so light compared to the ascender at least, I don’t have a lot of time on a khaos but some. I kept thinking all day what if it had the 858 power, going to be crazy good sled I’m sure! I also was pulling every line as my friends with the 800s and 850s, just slower track speed.
Also excited for mine:)

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
I was just thinking... I hadn't seen anything on this. Does the Catalyst have that center-mounted cooler setup like the Polaris sleds? My Khaos overheats very easily on hardpacked trails even with ice scratchers unless I can stay above 20 mph. If it's one of those badly-washboarded trails where you can't go very fast, it WILL hit 200 deg and shut off. Sometimes it's necessary to ride trails to get to the play areas.

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
Let's just hope it gets more snow from the stiffer Power Claw track. That could make all the difference.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Let's just hope it gets more snow from the stiffer Power Claw track. That could make all the difference.
I can’t speak to the catalyst with its extra short tunnel, but cat has been running the short front mounted cooler since 2013 and it’s been fine as long as you run scratchers whenever in lower snow conditions. I’ve never had heat issues on my short cooler cats unless it was rock hard snow and every brand was having heat issues, and I don’t run a snow flap.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Where did you take 3.5” from?
I was thinking you cut 3.5” from the heat exchanger but that’s unlikely. 3.5” off snow flap makes more sense. Plus, you called it heat management so that right there tells me your a tard

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I was thinking you cut 3.5” from the heat exchanger but that’s unlikely. 3.5” off snow flap makes more sense. Plus, you called it heat management so that right there tells me your a tard
3.5” from the tunnel ya tard ;)

Premium Features