• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hatchers Pass- Palmer side

B
Dec 28, 2008
Sunday

So how did your races go? I got your message but couldn't go. Went to Petersville yesterday and :eek: did we find some snow....good time was had by all.

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Went to hatchers(palmerside) today. Late start following by an accident on Palmer-Fishhook Road involving 08 Chevy duramax + 27 foot enclosed trailer vs. dodge dually... didn't prevent us from ravaging the endless amount of powder @ Hatchers today... Epic conditions, unreal day. An incredible last ride for a couple weeks while i get some sun in Phoenix... and wait for a new throttle cable. :)

Enjoy it everyone and ride safe.... and wear your seat belt! :beer;

D
Feb 2, 2008
Chugiak, Alaska
Went to hatchers(palmerside) today. Late start following by an accident on Palmer-Fishhook Road involving 08 Chevy duramax + 27 foot enclosed trailer vs. dodge dually... didn't prevent us from ravaging the endless amount of powder @ Hatchers today... Epic conditions, unreal day. An incredible last ride for a couple weeks while i get some sun in Phoenix... and wait for a new throttle cable. :)

Enjoy it everyone and ride safe.... and wear your seat belt! :beer;

I couldn't agree with you more, it was an incredible day. Have a safe trip!

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Here how i ended my epic day yesterday. I was able to ride out like that. So if you saw someone 1 skiing with straps off the ski, that was me LOL

riding pics 008.JPG riding pics 015.JPG riding pics 017.JPG riding pics 018.JPG riding pics 019.JPG

Last edited:
R
Nov 27, 2008
Damn Nick. How many times do I gotta tell you to not go digging for rocks up in smashers pass? We all know that they are there. Why do you insist on finding them?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Nick,nick,nick..whats up ?...looks like you need to come ride with me and tim again so someone can say..no nick..you cant go high mark that boulder....no nick...you cant go carving on that rock...lol..you ok? looks like that stuff hurts....

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Damn Nick. How many times do I gotta tell you to not go digging for rocks up in smashers pass? We all know that they are there. Why do you insist on finding them?

I know, I know. But someone has to do it. And yes I know they call it smasher pass for a reason LOL. But hey, I have ridden up there for many years and have had no problems. Hopefully that is the last of damage for this yr lol.

AKSNOWRIDER said:
Nick,nick,nick..whats up ?...looks like you need to come ride with me and tim again so someone can say..no nick..you cant go high mark that boulder....no nick...you cant go carving on that rock...lol..you ok? looks like that stuff hurts....

Yea I am fine, wish I could say the same for the sled LOL. But we really need to get together and ride again. We need together and try and get the same group we had from LL and ride somewhere.

AkHockey10 said:
Wow Nick! you ok man? I hate it when those boulders just jump out in front of you like that! them lil buggers!

Yes sir, made it out with no injuries, thank goodness, LOL. The thing is, I did see but the skis had just came down and i had no time to really react. I tried, I think that is why only the A arm hit it, I was pretty center on the rock when I first saw it. That could have been bad LOL

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Ouch on the arm....second person I've seen with "witness marks" coming out of Smasher's today. I'm thinking I could buy a crate of those arms, and hang out in the Coffee Shop lot, selling plugs, belts and arms.

Question, do you think an A-Arm skid plate similar to what I cobbled together would have helped any?

And if so would you buy a decent A-Arm skid plate now, to prevent future damage?

I am trying to guage the demand for skid plates.

I am really impressed with what I beleive has protected my front end multiple times this season.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
ski doo has arm protectors and they seem like they would work well but they collect lots of snow and ice on the inside and they slower your clearence of the arms

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
hey AK800VE im selling my stock arms off of my 09 700 rmk they have like 250 miles on them if your interested.

I was told they are different, but i am not sure. Would you be willing to let me do a test fit?

AkSummit said:
Good old Hatchers Crash, how else could we justify "upgrades" on our sleds?

That is very true, but with my luck lately, I will rather keep buying the cheaper ones then the more expensive ones LOL

ak49er said:
Ouch on the arm....second person I've seen with "witness marks" coming out of Smasher's today. I'm thinking I could buy a crate of those arms, and hang out in the Coffee Shop lot, selling plugs, belts and arms.

Question, do you think an A-Arm skid plate similar to what I cobbled together would have helped any?

And if so would you buy a decent A-Arm skid plate now, to prevent future damage?

I am trying to guage the demand for skid plates.

I am really impressed with what I beleive has protected my front end multiple times this season.

Do you have a pics or prices. I think they would help on low impacts, but I hit so hard it bent the shaft on the shock, broke welds on the A arm and even bent the sway bar. I dont think it would have helped me much. Then the next problem would be the snow and ice build up.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
our arms are the same the only thing different is your spindals but it looks like you upgraded to holz ones so they will work just fine. yes ill let you put them on to make sure they work

Premium Features