• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hatchers Pass- Palmer side

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Does anyone have that topo map of Hatchers that shows the different passes and trails? Have been looking on all the different state websites for a good map but cant find one.

I was surprized to find that my Garmin GPS with the Toppo loaded into it showed almost all the trails and some i didnt know about!!! try this for now

hATCHERMAP-1.jpg

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
I was surprized to find that my Garmin GPS with the Toppo loaded into it showed almost all the trails and some i didnt know about!!! try this for now

hATCHERMAP-1.jpg

I see what you got there and those are the roads. If you follow the "purple" road which is the fishhook you will end up in Willow. The trails are on the state map. I wish there was some place that had the trails marked for my Garmin as well. I took my Garmin to Big Lake and tried to map some trails but the snow was to awesome. I ended up getting of trail and hitting the powder. By the time I was done my tracks on the GPS looked like a drunk 5 year old was using a etch-a-sketch :D

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I see what you got there and those are the roads. If you follow the "purple" road which is the fishhook you will end up in Willow. The trails are on the state map. I wish there was some place that had the trails marked for my Garmin as well. I took my Garmin to Big Lake and tried to map some trails but the snow was to awesome. I ended up getting of trail and hitting the powder. By the time I was done my tracks on the GPS looked like a drunk 5 year old was using a etch-a-sketch :D

Nah, that was just Doug scaring himself and riding with his eyes closed again :D

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Nah, that was just Doug scaring himself and riding with his eyes closed again :D

Eye's close, sitting down while trying to turn out, leaving off the throttle... yup that's him :D patience patience patience.. I'll get the hang of this even if I have to sacrifice a couple sleds to do it.. :face-icon-small-sho

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
man i just love it when someone post gps coordinates and routes over google maps to areas that everyone doesn't know about yet. (although most know about these areas but i don't think he got it quite right anyway) that just kicks major azz. i love riding with a million other people! and some of you get all pissed off and wonder why others won't share their uncrowded riding areas? yup, really hard to understand...

pv

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
man i just love it when someone post gps coordinates and routes over google maps to areas that everyone doesn't know about yet. (although most know about these areas but i don't think he got it quite right anyway) that just kicks major azz. i love riding with a million other people! and some of you get all pissed off and wonder why others won't share their uncrowded riding areas? yup, really hard to understand...

pv

Ummm.. It's Hatchers Pass not area 51..

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA

hATCHERMAP-1.jpg

Where the Hell did you get that!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!

I drew that map

Atleast "Ray Pass" is now famous. Ask Ray why :D .......

:D:D

The map might look easy Vida, but unless you have been back there it would be hard to really get to those places without knowing the true routes......

Plus with some of the climbs, it will keep the masses out Im sure. :beer;:beer;

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
And guys; when I drew that a few years back it was with Microsoft Paint from my memory.

Its not gospel....

Last edited:
R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
Plus with some of the climbs, it will keep the masses out Im sure. :beer;:beer;

Yes it does. Especially when the snow is deep, we've been up there more than a few times when sleds couldn't even follow in our tracks. :beer;

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
Anyone want to meet up at Hatchers tomorrow for an easy half day? I need to play with my clutches a little more and would like to do it somewhere close. Maybe meet at either the lower or upper lot around noon?

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska

pv

Ummm.. It's Hatchers Pass not area 51..

HAHA, now thats funny i dont care who you are. :D Really who cares, if you think there is too many people go somewhere else, its a big state.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
And guys; when I drew that a few years back it was with Microsoft Paint from my memory.

Its not gospel....

People are just so ungrateful some times. I for one want to go on record to thank you for the time and energy you invested in such a fine example of creative mapping. Just think of it this way, for those ungrateful bastards who don't want to use it well, we can all laugh when the chopper is in the air to go find them.... Hats of to ya for a fine job. Fine job indeed!:beer;

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
In that case im gonna bring a few friends too ok guys, if thats ok with you vida?

Better yet, lets make it the next forum ride, hows that sound guys, lol

Premium Features