• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hatchers Pass- Palmer side

HAHA i see my tracks from yesterday on your second pic....its was super flat light but opened up just enough for us to make a few marks and "feel" uor way out :D cant wait fora sunny day, theres lots of powder up there to make scream:D

NOAA is reporting about 12'' of new at the mine.

I would guess that considering the latest snow, it is every bit of that.

ill be heading up there sat. depending on the light conditions i might head back to archangle. i got a blacked out renegade and a rooled red f-150, so if you see me ill be bymyself. will be there prob arond 10.

Last edited:
Was wondering myself, would like to ride it tomorrow but no one to go with. The avalanche info site said they got 12-14 inches, so it should be pretty good.

ill be heading up there sat. depending on the light conditions i might head back to archangle. i got a blacked out renegade and a rooled red f-150, so if you see me ill be bymyself. will be there prob arond 10.

Want to meet up???

Suppose to be going to petersville, but a 45min drive beats a 3hr drive any day.

Should be great light and snow!

let me know.

I'm down for Hatchers Saturday if anyone wants to meet up. My cell is 240-8505, call me anytime in the morning aftet 7. I'm gassed and ready to go.

I'm going to go dink around on Baldy for the afternoon. Probably get there around 11:30-12.

Sent you a PM. I haven't rode in a few weeks (messed up back...Yes, I'm over the hill) So I will be riding easy today...no triple back flips or anything:rolleyes:

hatchers was great today atleast a foot everywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXPRdI5r2ts

index.cfm

index.cfm

index.cfm

Last edited:
sorry picts didnt work ill try again.

l_be5a09faef87473da96ce36207a72b1b.jpg

l_b5cf0a9ed1654a28aaf3a65ba310ca97.jpg

sidehillen and hit the kill swith, reset it but it was to late.
l_a01e547252834804a96844f558124039.jpg

Last edited:
Beautissimuss!!

Rode Hatcher's for the first time ever today. (Ok I admit it, I feel kinda dumb)

Parked in the upper lot on the Palmer side.
Gorgeous!! Sunny, mild temps, no wind. The snow is pretty beat up in the popular bowls but on the backside towards Willow there's still acres and acres of lightly-to-untracked snow.

Met some guys on the trail and asked if I could ride with them...Nels, Terrence and David. They showed me a place they called Smokin' Bowl. Played around in the powder then tried a climb that was a little too steep and a little too deep. I was doing good until I cut a sidehill track about 20 yards from the crest and started to trench. I executed a perfectly inadequate turnout, stopped, slipped off the low side, and the sled rolled over me. Fortunately I felt and saw it coming and slammed myself into the hill. The seat pressed me into the soft snow and the sled rolled about half way down. No damage.

We hung for a while and got separated around El Dorado. I cruised around and checked out a group of friends highmarking a side bowl. I didn't get their names except one, Mike. If any of the AK crowd knows these guys ask them to contact me here and I'll email my pics to them.

P.S. A lot of the loaded slopes have already broken free but there are still lot's of iffy looking slopes. Avy danger still a consideration.

Last edited:
Does anyone have that topo map of Hatchers that shows the different passes and trails? Have been looking on all the different state websites for a good map but cant find one.

Does anyone have that topo map of Hatchers that shows the different passes and trails? Have been looking on all the different state websites for a good map but cant find one.

As far as maps go the state parks office had some. The state map had trails, and topo information on them. They were nice maps. I have that one and one I got at Walmart that is for the Matanuska Valley. It does not have trails but it has the topo info. The one from the state is much better.

Premium Features

Back