• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hatchers Pass- Palmer side

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
Rode it again, Man am I tempting fate or what. Anyways, it's where all the loose snow is at. By chance we (me & BottomFeeder) met "Dash" up there with "AC1000AK", Wes (new to the forum) & his wife Dawn. It was a good ride except when we came down to Palmer, BottomFeeder's vent on his fuel cap was plugged and his tank collapsed. Other then that, Dash Had us over for dinner after the ride & met her husband Phil. Thanks for the hospitality Dash. It was a good Steak:cool:.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2008
damn dude that sucks about the tank. hopefully it will pop back out for ya. BTW lets ride this weekend sometime.. have a 4 day f-m off. hit me up and lets plan something..

Oooouch, my back is sore! Thanks for the company and a ride home. It was good to have you over last night, Phil enjoyed it as well.
I will be at Hatchers-Palmer or Baldy today as well, woo hoo.
Sorry about the photos, these are the only few worth posting...

DSC08751_2_1.JPG DSC08754_1_1.JPG

Last edited:
A
Sep 20, 2008
wed. jan 21

Hero snow Will make a great base if we ever get more snow....there is about 6 inches of powder on top of the hard under layer, but its ok..I wached an XP with 70 miles come down with no rider for about 200 ft...it fell into a hole, that dude was lucky...happened behind the mine.....Sorry no pics....Id call it a 4 in the snow scale
Maverick

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Hero snow Will make a great base if we ever get more snow....there is about 6 inches of powder on top of the hard under layer, but its ok..I wached an XP with 70 miles come down with no rider for about 200 ft...it fell into a hole, that dude was lucky...happened behind the mine.....Sorry no pics....Id call it a 4 in the snow scale
Maverick

Yeah the track the sled left coming down was entertaining, like you said right into a hole, a few feet left and the hole was about 30 feet deep:eek:, total hero snow but better than sitting around the house all day:D Not as bad as i thought it was going to be.

Doug, I hope I wasnt to hard on you buddy!!! The backcountry wont be to big of a challenge for ya, just might be a challenge to get out of bed the next morning:D

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Doug, I hope I wasnt to hard on you buddy!!! The backcountry wont be to big of a challenge for ya, just might be a challenge to get out of bed the next morning:D

It took me about an hour to get moving this morning. I hurt pretty bad and the arms and back are still a little sore. Like I told you before, this powder riding is a lot more physical and technical than us guys from back east ever thought it was. You just can't appreciate the skills you need to ride powder by reading a forum and looking at pictures :D

Did you get the picture of Deans upside down RMK? I knew I got it I just wish it was a little clearer. It's tough holding a camera steady with all that gear on, standing in snow, wind blowing bla bla..

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Excuses, excuses....

Dont worry Doug, youll get the hang of it..(pics that is :) )

LOL, funny guy :D I must say I am starting to get the hang of powder turning!
The balance is a little tricky but I am getting there. I just tell the wife I need A LOT of practice :D

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
I'm sure that's the first time she's heard that

LOL, funny guy :D I must say I am starting to get the hang of powder turning!
The balance is a little tricky but I am getting there. I just tell the wife I need A LOT of practice :D

:eek:

I

I_boondock

Nov 6, 2001
Anchorage, AK
Epic....

Epic gets used alot, but today was pushing the top of the scale.
Sunshine and fresh tracks all day. :beer;:beer;:beer;

P2010630edit.jpg

P2010546edit.jpg

P2010564edit.jpg

P2010589edit.jpg

P2010602edit.jpg

P2010618edit.jpg

Reactions: Prayn4snow
Premium Features