• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hatchers Pass- Palmer side

I was up there today skiing with two of my buds. We hiked up higher past 16mile run and were jumping off this rock 50yards or so in from the road. Some of you guys probably drove by and saw us. It was awesome looking for the first part of the day and then the clouds and wind rolled in:(

great day at Hatchers...

The sun was awesome, and we found some good snow. Its a shame though, most of the snow got killed by the wind yesterday. :(

Found enough snow to make my Dragon dissapear :D

Didnt go over Dogsled, Cragie valley was crap. We marked the hell out of the 1st bowl though.

There are some great windlips for folks to play in and the gullys are super deep!

Anyone get over dogsled? How is the snow back in the "SuperBowl"? (1st bowl after you get over the pass)

Will post some pics in a bit.

Went up alone around 1 PM. Parked at the lower lot and rode towards to the Willow side. Went up and over Dogsled and it was decent. Plenty of snow to carve and jump in.

Nothing to Ride at hatches...:) Watch out. Set off a avy with a 6 foot break at the top. 200 feet wide by 100 yard length. We didnt set it off by riding on it either. Sled Noise Let it go. We were like 25 feet away..

Went up alone around 1 PM. Parked at the lower lot and rode towards to the Willow side. Went up and over Dogsled and it was decent. Plenty of snow to carve and jump in.

I think you passed us. We (3 sleds) were on our way back from Cragie Valley when a Yammie rolled by. (black sled with filter sticking up) Sled sounded good.

Nothing to Ride at hatches...:) Watch out. Set off a avy with a 6 foot break at the top. 200 feet wide by 100 yard length. We didnt set it off by riding on it either. Sled Noise Let it go. We were like 25 feet away..

Where was that at? :D

Looking to ride hatchers/archangle tomorrw to re-break in the sled with my dad. Does anyone know if it got ash, and is the snow semi-decent?

Was up there today although I wasn't riding. There is no ash and the snow is certainly there. Don't know what it is like in the back though. I saw a couple of guys riding but not very many. The snow down low was crusted and hard..

Anyone been up on Palmer side lately? I am taking some of the Kenai Krazys up there today. Which pass still has some powder if any? Thanks.

ill be going up tomorrow (sat) to break in the new top end. if slopes and conditions are $hitty then i might just make a jump to screw around on.

So what did you find? Inquiring minds want to know.....:D

It was deep!! Ash that is...It was the worst I have seen Hatchers in years for this time of year because of the ash. The snow was rock hard and was disappearing fast. Unless they get a huge dump I wont be going back this year:(

I can't confirm 7 inches for sure but it sure looks like at least that much looking from Palmer. The Palmer side of Hatchers closed today to riding. Have to use the Willow side.

Mark

Yep, Palmer side closed. Pretty bummed out about that one. Especially since they just got a dump.

Premium Features

Back