• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

The video promotes this as a trail sled configuration. Will this transition well to a mountain sled once a longer skid is bolted up?

According to the engineers the mountain segment was given priority on needs for the chassis. Centralized mass and low weight both work well for mountain and trail sleds at least.

So today just by accident my group lead by a legend guide happened upon the artic cat test team.m in island park up in the hills. No shi$! So iam a terrible new rider and after a full day of stucks and challenging terrain and deep snow I was really worked and tired. So legend guide is stopped talking to a group of guys and he yells back hey Charlie you wanna try wanna these guys sleds? I was confused and tired and said not really? Then he says are you sure take a better look? And I saw they where all the new ones! Then a cool guy says here take this one and I’ll ride yours. I said I am new and kinda suck and he said perfect. So by now we where about out of the mountains coming down but it was a gentle glade with deep snow and so I rode it. Was a 600 obviously with 154x3 . I can tell you it felt way different than mine (21 hardcore 154x2.6) it was way smaller and lower and compact. The boards where good and the fit felt more organized. I suck at snowmobiling and struggle to do all the edge stuff but I know the theory on how and why. It was much easier and much more stable than mine. It took a quick counter stear and just a shift and it would start to lean over. It was nicer than mine cause it was easy and slow to fall and had a way bigger sweet spot. I usually can’t just edge and I fall down the fall line alot and I could just hold it and go slow or a little fast (not like you guys) it was really awesome. We got down and they let me go in a giant field with about 18 inches of snow and I tore it all around doing all the carve stuff. It really is smooth and the center of gravity/tip/balance thing is way way easier better than my hardcore. Since iam really not good I don’t go super fast but I thought I better cause it’s my chance. It wasn’t the same feeling as mine but it was way smoother and it was quick and it was plenty fast for me . I even did a wheelie from rolling start on flat. Not a cool big wheelie but a jr wheelie. It had the cool belt drive hum like a supercharger but they wouldn’t let me pull the panels off or take pictures lol. It has a cool tunnel too like a mod style taper and a tiny seat more like a skidoo. Legend guide (has worked as a test guy, worked for magazines and hill climber from the day) said he thought it was going to bring guys back to cat. Head artic cat guy did t say no when I said ,”you think the turbos going to be ready soon?” He did say ,”big motor 25” the sled was awesome. Reminded me of a race car all used and abused and taken to the test. Iam going to try and get one. Only thing is the powder blue is kinda to much lol. Oh has cool bumpers too like after market look to them. Better steering post no slop and no jerk when you hit hard stuff on edge , new riser and bars same buttons though. Cool looking plastics and screens . Sorry I don’t really know what I was looking at but it was better for me to ride than mine and I had been riding a 23 skidoo a lot today too and it was just super smooth and precise. I think your all going to like it! I think it’ll be enough sled for a lot of guys and could be a fun play sled for guys too. My sled struggled a bit in the sugar today so nothing is perfect it I really think it’s going to be good. They did say they had meet their production auto allready. So yeah iam a cool kid now (iam 55) cause iam a test pilot for artic cat lol! Highlight of my year lol!!!

So today just by accident my group lead by a legend guide happened upon the artic cat test team.m in island park up in the hills. No shi$! So iam a terrible new rider and after a full day of stucks and challenging terrain and deep snow I was really worked and tired. So legend guide is stopped talking to a group of guys and he yells back hey Charlie you wanna try wanna these guys sleds? I was confused and tired and said not really? Then he says are you sure take a better look? And I saw they where all the new ones! Then a cool guy says here take this one and I’ll ride yours. I said I am new and kinda suck and he said perfect. So by now we where about out of the mountains coming down but it was a gentle glade with deep snow and so I rode it. Was a 600 obviously with 154x3 . I can tell you it felt way different than mine (21 hardcore 154x2.6) it was way smaller and lower and compact. The boards where good and the fit felt more organized. I suck at snowmobiling and struggle to do all the edge stuff but I know the theory on how and why. It was much easier and much more stable than mine. It took a quick counter stear and just a shift and it would start to lean over. It was nicer than mine cause it was easy and slow to fall and had a way bigger sweet spot. I usually can’t just edge and I fall down the fall line alot and I could just hold it and go slow or a little fast (not like you guys) it was really awesome. We got down and they let me go in a giant field with about 18 inches of snow and I tore it all around doing all the carve stuff. It really is smooth and the center of gravity/tip/balance thing is way way easier better than my hardcore. Since iam really not good I don’t go super fast but I thought I better cause it’s my chance. It wasn’t the same feeling as mine but it was way smoother and it was quick and it was plenty fast for me . I even did a wheelie from rolling start on flat. Not a cool big wheelie but a jr wheelie. It had the cool belt drive hum like a supercharger but they wouldn’t let me pull the panels off or take pictures lol. It has a cool tunnel too like a mod style taper and a tiny seat more like a skidoo. Legend guide (has worked as a test guy, worked for magazines and hill climber from the day) said he thought it was going to bring guys back to cat. Head artic cat guy did t say no when I said ,”you think the turbos going to be ready soon?” He did say ,”big motor 25” the sled was awesome. Reminded me of a race car all used and abused and taken to the test. Iam going to try and get one. Only thing is the powder blue is kinda to much lol. Oh has cool bumpers too like after market look to them. Better steering post no slop and no jerk when you hit hard stuff on edge , new riser and bars same buttons though. Cool looking plastics and screens . Sorry I don’t really know what I was looking at but it was better for me to ride than mine and I had been riding a 23 skidoo a lot today too and it was just super smooth and precise. I think your all going to like it! I think it’ll be enough sled for a lot of guys and could be a fun play sled for guys too. My sled struggled a bit in the sugar today so nothing is perfect it I really think it’s going to be good. They did say they had meet their production auto allready. So yeah iam a cool kid now (iam 55) cause iam a test pilot for artic cat lol! Highlight of my year
Good on you man, that's what it's all about. Sounds like an awesome day on the snow. I'll admit I'm more than a little jealous!

If Cat has made an Alpha that is shorter in the front end, a bunch lighter and has better overall balance and lighter steering it should be a winner. I bought a '22 Hardcore this year to go along with the Axys sleds I've been riding and there is a lot about it that works really well (initiation of edge, sidehill capability in soft snow is great, track, very predictable), but I lean toward the more precise edge and steering feel of the Axys. The Alpha feels a bit low and long in the front end and Cat steering has always taken more effort than it should. Thanks for sharing your experience. Be great if the 10 percent weight loss is reality and if it is Cat should definitely be putting out the specs v.s. leaving it to speculation.

So today just by accident my group lead by a legend guide happened upon the artic cat test team.m in island park up in the hills. No shi$! So iam a terrible new rider and after a full day of stucks and challenging terrain and deep snow I was really worked and tired. So legend guide is stopped talking to a group of guys and he yells back hey Charlie you wanna try wanna these guys sleds? I was confused and tired and said not really? Then he says are you sure take a better look? And I saw they where all the new ones! Then a cool guy says here take this one and I’ll ride yours. I said I am new and kinda suck and he said perfect. So by now we where about out of the mountains coming down but it was a gentle glade with deep snow and so I rode it. Was a 600 obviously with 154x3 . I can tell you it felt way different than mine (21 hardcore 154x2.6) it was way smaller and lower and compact. The boards where good and the fit felt more organized. I suck at snowmobiling and struggle to do all the edge stuff but I know the theory on how and why. It was much easier and much more stable than mine. It took a quick counter stear and just a shift and it would start to lean over. It was nicer than mine cause it was easy and slow to fall and had a way bigger sweet spot. I usually can’t just edge and I fall down the fall line alot and I could just hold it and go slow or a little fast (not like you guys) it was really awesome. We got down and they let me go in a giant field with about 18 inches of snow and I tore it all around doing all the carve stuff. It really is smooth and the center of gravity/tip/balance thing is way way easier better than my hardcore. Since iam really not good I don’t go super fast but I thought I better cause it’s my chance. It wasn’t the same feeling as mine but it was way smoother and it was quick and it was plenty fast for me . I even did a wheelie from rolling start on flat. Not a cool big wheelie but a jr wheelie. It had the cool belt drive hum like a supercharger but they wouldn’t let me pull the panels off or take pictures lol. It has a cool tunnel too like a mod style taper and a tiny seat more like a skidoo. Legend guide (has worked as a test guy, worked for magazines and hill climber from the day) said he thought it was going to bring guys back to cat. Head artic cat guy did t say no when I said ,”you think the turbos going to be ready soon?” He did say ,”big motor 25” the sled was awesome. Reminded me of a race car all used and abused and taken to the test. Iam going to try and get one. Only thing is the powder blue is kinda to much lol. Oh has cool bumpers too like after market look to them. Better steering post no slop and no jerk when you hit hard stuff on edge , new riser and bars same buttons though. Cool looking plastics and screens . Sorry I don’t really know what I was looking at but it was better for me to ride than mine and I had been riding a 23 skidoo a lot today too and it was just super smooth and precise. I think your all going to like it! I think it’ll be enough sled for a lot of guys and could be a fun play sled for guys too. My sled struggled a bit in the sugar today so nothing is perfect it I really think it’s going to be good. They did say they had meet their production auto allready. So yeah iam a cool kid now (iam 55) cause iam a test pilot for artic cat lol! Highlight of my year lol!!!
Lucky! I rode in IP a month ago (forum ride), and of course they avoided our motley crue... No sled is going to take someone from a marginal rider to great, but it sounds like Cat's done a good job of making a sled that's easier to ride. Less weight always helps. Hopefully they also match Poo's predictability on edge. The last two bits will be how good the big motor ends up being, and whether they put enough money into QC to make sure they're put together right. Funny thing that seems to be going on with Poo is they finally come up with a good architecture (850), but can't seem to consistently put them together right, then decide to further "improve" the situation by moving to a crummy clutch and making a big bore. But anyway, I hope Cat does put some effort into getting test rides out. Seems like luck of the draw unless you have stalker skills... I expect more when the big motor is revealed; come on, Cat!

Good on you man, that's what it's all about. Sounds like an awesome day on the snow. I'll admit I'm more than a little jealous!
Ditto. Good for you Charlie. I love the term jr wheelie by the way. A peppy 600 with a capable track is right up my alley. Wish I would've gotten one.

Premium Features

Back