• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

For everyone hoping inflation will magically disappear I think your way off... But Textron/Arctic has made a wise move to go with preorder mainly, it will make sure they won't build to many and can turn a profit for every sled they build.. there will always be people with money to spend you just have to match production to that amount of people for any specific time..

For everyone hoping inflation will magically disappear I think your way off... But Textron/Arctic has made a wise move to go with preorder mainly, it will make sure they won't build to many and can turn a profit for every sled they build.. there will always be people with money to spend you just have to match production to that amount of people for any specific time..
I don't think most things will go back to pre-pandemic prices... but you're nuts if you think high prices & interest haven't slowed buying. Demand has slowed and prices are and will continue to follow.

I'd like to see a basic 8++, just with good shocks, for $16k (hopefully less than $17k out the door). Then chase 9R prices with special editions and maybe a tweaked engine. I don't see them undercutting anybody on pricing though: I'd be surprised if they've got anywhere near the production capacity of Poo or Doo, so relying on volume of sales to generate profit may not be an option. If their production is fairly limited, I'd expect them to price it so there's just enough demand to sell every one they can build. I don't see $20k+, but definitely more than NA 850s.

Unfortunately, I don't see any easing of pricing, inflation, and supply chain issues. We've given up control of manufacturing and energy production and are trying to put our eggs into the green energy basket - that can't handle nearly enough eggs even when it's finished, which it won't be for a long time. Then we pour gas on the fire by printing money, something the current administration has signaled will continue because they can't stomach a long-overdue reckoning. In five years, we'll all probably be joking about how we complained about paying $20k for a sled...

18k is the sweet spot for me, it would have to have Fox shocks though and not a stripped down version. 2023 9R's are getting discounted a few grand to 19k. So, allotment or supply issues doesn't mean I will pay more knowing what I can pick up out there.

If I was a willing buyer and could not get one on the 7th because of the allotment, I'd be pissed. What a way to turnoff buyers. The stupid prices alone are a turnoff, but then add this allotment crap on top of it, dumb!! I was ready to buy an 800/+ this year but with the sh!t show that turned out to be, I'm not even excited for next year. I'm sure it will be the same BS and there will be a stupid price increase. It amazes me people are paying turbo prices for Poo's 9R. I will not buy a Cat 800+ NA if it's anywhere close to that dumbass pricing.
Seems like AC has (wisely) decided to limit the number of sleds to what they feel they can reasonably build, and deliver on time. I suppose they could have gone the Polaris route and taken as many orders as they could get, then people would be pissed because they were still waiting for their sleds in 2025. Can’t win either way.

a catalyst blast will be pretty nice if they come out with one. the way it sounds the 600 catalyst will weight what and ascender blast does or ligher so pull half an engine out and should have a very easy sled for smaller people to ride.

Moved on to different industry or to a competitor? Employees changing jobs is not necessarily a bad thing for the company or former employee.

Press release on Heidi

March 20, 2023

After leading our Arctic Cat business for two years, TSV Vice President and General Manager, Powersports Heidi McNary has accepted a new role at our sister company, Textron Aviation. In her tenure, Heidi’s leadership was instrumental in reshaping our Arctic Cat business, and I am appreciative of Heidi’s many contributions and wish her well in her next endeavor.

So are we going to talk about that twin rail skid in Tapio’s sled?

The alpha skid in the catalyst must be the same as the ascender making twin rail swaps easy?

The alpha skid in the catalyst must be the same as the ascender making twin rail swaps easy?
Hopefully twin rail will be an option. I think it needs to be a option for the hillclimb riders to use in the stock classes.

Hopefully twin rail will be an option. I think it needs to be a option for the hillclimb riders to use in the stock classes.
I actually don't think they care even though it seems like a really simple option to do. They are as set on single rail as Yamaha is on 4 strokes.

I actually don't think they care even though it seems like a really simple option to do. They are as set on single rail as Yamaha is on 4 strokes.
Polaris eventually went away from the rush style rear suspension, you never know.

Maybe we will see a middle ground at some point? I saw a picture a few days ago of a 2 rail skid that appeared to be narrowed up 4-5"

Looks like an old EZ-Ryde skid. Those were always a "some modifications required" unit and had custom mounting points and brackets that needed to be riveted in the tunnel.

Premium Features

Back