• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

Wouldn't it be nice if they brought back the HCR in a Catalyst for 2025, Twin rail 153" and the new engine. I'm sure every black cats rider would have one in there shop

So are we going to talk about that twin rail skid in Tapio’s sled?

The alpha skid in the catalyst must be the same as the ascender making twin rail swaps easy?
The Suspension mounting points are nearly the same, the sled was delivered to Kyle with a Thomas Racing Factory twin rail skid but They opted for Ez-Ryde as that's what they know and are comfortable with.
Wouldn't it be nice if they brought back the HCR in a Catalyst for 2025, Twin rail 153" and the new engine. I'm sure every black cats rider would have one in there shop
I've heard this may be the case, Big motor and twin rail options for '25.

I talked with a dealer last week about the 25 models. He said no twin rail mountain sled but the new 8** is the sh%t ! He didnt come right out and say it but the discussion had numerous signs of a factory turbo. Said it will be released at Haydays.... who knows, just my 2 cents!

I talked with a dealer last week about the 25 models. He said no twin rail mountain sled but the new 8** is the sh%t ! He didnt come right out and say it but the discussion had numerous signs of a factory turbo. Said it will be released at Haydays.... who knows, just my 2 cents!
That Heidi gal came right out and said “turbo, big bore”

I got a long hard look when I said ,”so is the turbo allmost ready?.” Then he just said “big motor next year.” Maybe they make enough money on their airplanes to not care about losing to much and just want to make a good boost and or big bore? Lol. It’s a stupid rumor but two of the sleds sounded dramatically different and if I was at a car show I’d say boosted. It those guys where tight lipped. In fact they didn’t take their helmets off and I felt a little intimidated by them. You guys see muskokas boosted four stroke show today. 400 horse tube chassis Yamaha climbing straight up lol!!! Silly stuff. Seriously what about a little aftermarket turbo on a 600z I bet it would fly. Be more like a scalpel than a machete?

The 875/860/888.
Feels like 180hp.
Could be the chassis making it feel more powerful?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

You guys think o should do a 2.6 track? My guys says I can get one . I have that same track bo and in certain conditions it’s a liability. Was hoping for a 3 but now with it being a sold out deal it’s what he’s offering. Iam pretty bad and I don’t wanna blame my sled but EVERYONE thinks I should get a165x3 so a be done lol!!

You guys think o should do a 2.6 track? My guys says I can get one . I have that same track bo and in certain conditions it’s a liability. Was hoping for a 3 but now with it being a sold out deal it’s what he’s offering. Iam pretty bad and I don’t wanna blame my sled but EVERYONE thinks I should get a165x3 so a be done lol!!
If you want the sled and the 2.6 is the only option, go for it. Realistically it should be a better all around track- will cool better, and should be more durable. A 165x3 is a good track to learn on... you won't get stuck as often BUT a 154x3 might result in more stucks than a 154x2.6- the 3" will trench more, you have to know how to ride them. The main reason to go 3"+ in a 154 is for more ski lift, which I'm guessing you don't want.

Buy the sled and if you find it's spinning can always buy a 3" 165 track and rail later lol. Then have a deep snow and spring setup!

I know it’d be hard cutting on a new sled but you could always do the track mod everyone was doing on the 2 railer 2.6 powerclaw and get better deep snow performance. Won’t be quite as good as a 3”, but I thought it was significantly better on the old 2.6 track. Or like mentioned above buy a 3”.

I guess that’s everyone’s complaint, I could get a good low mileage do or poo from 21,22 or 23 probably for that same price. I suppose I’d only lose 500 bucks if I did the snow check but really it doesn’t pencil out very well at all. Iam not brand loyal yet anyway. Maybe that deals more for a cat or nothing kinda guy? Hmmmm.,,,

For the 600, i think the 2.6 would be the perfect all-around track.

3in If it was a deep snow, only sled.

8xx and 3in for deep snow.

The 2.6 is a good track. Trim the outer fingers down and it performs like the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cot
Or... beings you're a beginner just buy the thing and run it how it is, the 2.6 will work just fine for you. Don't over think it.

Lots of great info on the forums, but I think people tend to overthink and over recommend things to people who are not anywhere near riding their sled to its full potential.

Or... beings you're a beginner just buy the thing and run it how it is, the 2.6 will work just fine for you. Don't over think it.

Lots of great info on the forums, but I think people tend to overthink and over recommend things to people who are not anywhere near riding their sled to its full potential.

So true.
When the snows not deep, a 1996 summit 500 136x 1.75 will take u most places u want to go.

Premium Features

Back