• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

Was just over at Hardcore Sledder. Or maybe it was Facebook? Anyway, folks are claiming they have received from their dealer a Aug 21-24 preliminary ship date.
That would be cool! Have it in my trailer by the end of Sept.

What Is otd on a 154x3 with bumpers? Mine keeps telling me 15k and how do you get black without the blue? The blue really is terrible up close. Can you call dealer and ask for one you want and see or do you have to do a.c. Website?

Charlie,
OTD is so dependent on taxes etc. for your location. My invoice received from the dealer is 15156.00 for the sled with front and rear bumpers, short windshield, 21l tunnel bag, manual start 154-3” track, black. Only adds after that are local taxes and licensing fees from the state.

What Is otd on a 154x3 with bumpers? Mine keeps telling me 15k and how do you get black without the blue? The blue really is terrible up close. Can you call dealer and ask for one you want and see or do you have to do a.c. Website?
I am assuming you have already missed the boat. Travis told me they sold out in 9 minutes. He had 2 allotted and someone spoke for them. You're going to have to be really lucky to get one.

Might have to order bumpers if black is an option on the website.

I don't think a purely black sled is available without accent colors.

So today just by accident my group lead by a legend guide happened upon the artic cat test team.m in island park up in the hills. No shi$! So iam a terrible new rider and after a full day of stucks and challenging terrain and deep snow I was really worked and tired. So legend guide is stopped talking to a group of guys and he yells back hey Charlie you wanna try wanna these guys sleds? I was confused and tired and said not really? Then he says are you sure take a better look? And I saw they where all the new ones! Then a cool guy says here take this one and I’ll ride yours. I said I am new and kinda suck and he said perfect. So by now we where about out of the mountains coming down but it was a gentle glade with deep snow and so I rode it. Was a 600 obviously with 154x3 . I can tell you it felt way different than mine (21 hardcore 154x2.6) it was way smaller and lower and compact. The boards where good and the fit felt more organized. I suck at snowmobiling and struggle to do all the edge stuff but I know the theory on how and why. It was much easier and much more stable than mine. It took a quick counter stear and just a shift and it would start to lean over. It was nicer than mine cause it was easy and slow to fall and had a way bigger sweet spot. I usually can’t just edge and I fall down the fall line alot and I could just hold it and go slow or a little fast (not like you guys) it was really awesome. We got down and they let me go in a giant field with about 18 inches of snow and I tore it all around doing all the carve stuff. It really is smooth and the center of gravity/tip/balance thing is way way easier better than my hardcore. Since iam really not good I don’t go super fast but I thought I better cause it’s my chance. It wasn’t the same feeling as mine but it was way smoother and it was quick and it was plenty fast for me . I even did a wheelie from rolling start on flat. Not a cool big wheelie but a jr wheelie. It had the cool belt drive hum like a supercharger but they wouldn’t let me pull the panels off or take pictures lol. It has a cool tunnel too like a mod style taper and a tiny seat more like a skidoo. Legend guide (has worked as a test guy, worked for magazines and hill climber from the day) said he thought it was going to bring guys back to cat. Head artic cat guy did t say no when I said ,”you think the turbos going to be ready soon?” He did say ,”big motor 25” the sled was awesome. Reminded me of a race car all used and abused and taken to the test. Iam going to try and get one. Only thing is the powder blue is kinda to much lol. Oh has cool bumpers too like after market look to them. Better steering post no slop and no jerk when you hit hard stuff on edge , new riser and bars same buttons though. Cool looking plastics and screens . Sorry I don’t really know what I was looking at but it was better for me to ride than mine and I had been riding a 23 skidoo a lot today too and it was just super smooth and precise. I think your all going to like it! I think it’ll be enough sled for a lot of guys and could be a fun play sled for guys too. My sled struggled a bit in the sugar today so nothing is perfect it I really think it’s going to be good. They did say they had meet their production auto allready. So yeah iam a cool kid now (iam 55) cause iam a test pilot for artic cat lol! Highlight of my year lol!!!
Thanks for the write up! Great to hear from real world people and people of different experience levels not just the ambassador types.

Is it too early to snowcheck a 25? :ROFLMAO:

I am assuming you have already missed the boat. Travis told me they sold out in 9 minutes. He had 2 allotted and someone spoke for them. You're going to have to be really lucky to get one.
What dealer is that? My cousin said his boss ordered one from the 4 corners dealer

I think they will be a huge hit with wives and girlfriends and with guys who just don’t need the big motor. Then the guy can get the big motor and pass it down or have a friend sled/backup sled. I rode for four days straight now and after all I’ve been through iam so sore I can hardly walk. I THINK the new one has the ski geometry tucked in and under cause my hardcore now seems stretched out and wide if that makes since. I rode another skidoo and the new chassis is more like that . Like it’s down mower and under you better . Much much skinnier. I can almost edge and I hope all my hard work on this hardcore makes a different sled easier cause I feel like iam wrestling a alligator half the time. Ski door guy hates it lol. He called my precious a p.o.s. Today and I said hey guys fight over that stuff lol!!! I’ll call Yellowstone tomorrow and see about one but I wouldn’t get any other than a three inch I think???

If I was a willing buyer and could not get one on the 7th because of the allotment, I'd be pissed. What a way to turnoff buyers. The stupid prices alone are a turnoff, but then add this allotment crap on top of it, dumb!! I was ready to buy an 800/+ this year but with the sh!t show that turned out to be, I'm not even excited for next year. I'm sure it will be the same BS and there will be a stupid price increase. It amazes me people are paying turbo prices for Poo's 9R. I will not buy a Cat 800+ NA if it's anywhere close to that dumbass pricing.

If I was a willing buyer and could not get one on the 7th because of the allotment, I'd be pissed. What a way to turnoff buyers. The stupid prices alone are a turnoff, but then add this allotment crap on top of it, dumb!! I was ready to buy an 800/+ this year but with the sh!t show that turned out to be, I'm not even excited for next year. I'm sure it will be the same BS and there will be a stupid price increase. It amazes me people are paying turbo prices for Poo's 9R. I will not buy a Cat 800+ NA if it's anywhere close to that dumbass pricing.
100%

If Cat could build a 850-900 NA next year and price it around 16k they are gonna need to figure out how to 10x production. This whole snowchecks not even available when snowcheck opens thing sucks.

I would be more interested in Boost than NA… But I think an “affordable” big bore NA that can be mass produced should be Cats first priority.

I think they could probbly get away with pricing the 888 in that same $20k-$22k range as the 9r. The lower the price the more they would sell obviously but if they still have limited production capacity they might as well raise the price until demand equals what they are able to supply.

The counter to this is that with a bleak economic outlook, demand might drop below their production capacity, in which case they would need to keep prices lower to sell what they produce. It's a balancing act, and the last few years have been artificially out of balance.

I think they could probbly get away with pricing the 888 in that same $20k-$22k range as the 9r. The lower the price the more they would sell obviously but if they still have limited production capacity they might as well raise the price until demand equals what they are able to supply.

The counter to this is that with a bleak economic outlook, demand might drop below their production capacity, in which case they would need to keep prices lower to sell what they produce. It's a balancing act, and the last few years have been artificially out of balance.
I hear ya.

I think demand for a 20k NA sled is waning already. I have no idea what allocations/production #s look like Boost vs 9R but any dealer I've called for a Boost is out of allocations but has plenty of 9Rs available. There should be a minimum 2k difference between a turbo and NA.

Premium Features

Back