• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

All I can say is cat better get their scat together and get a turbo mtn sled on the snow or they won't have any market share left , I won't buy another new cat until this happens been riding cats for 30 years that doo turbo is damn impressive just sayin

It goes from "i want something new and different every year or i'm not buying" to "i'm not being a guinea pig for there new stuff". I think turbo sleds have there place and obviously they sell, i'm not sure percentage of turbo vs 9r vs regular 850, but in certain riding the turbo's are at a disadvantage. this week i rode with two guys who left there new boosts in the trailer and have them for sale because they said they felt heavy and didnt work as well in the trees. The 9r's ive ridden with get all rave reviews though.

It goes from "i want something new and different every year or i'm not buying" to "i'm not being a guinea pig for there new stuff". I think turbo sleds have there place and obviously they sell, i'm not sure percentage of turbo vs 9r vs regular 850, but in certain riding the turbo's are at a disadvantage. this week i rode with two guys who left there new boosts in the trailer and have them for sale because they said they felt heavy and didnt work as well in the trees. The 9r's ive ridden with get all rave reviews though.
Being a Guinea pig is a just part of ordering a first year of a chassis nothing new there but parts are harder to come by now. I very highly doubt I will leave the turbos so long as I’m on a doo, not too much weight gained but a lot of hp and very minimal turbo lag. By the time you put heavy aftermarket bumpers on your poo so the tunnel doesn’t taco you’re real close to the weight of a skidoo. Cat needs make a twin rail turbo to keep up. I’m really hoping cat can pull something really cool off because it will help drive the industry forward.

I can’t imagine going back to NA. Super boring. Maybe if I never rode over 6k.

I would love to have a factory supercharged sled. No cast iron turbo housing and one less rotating turbine wheel. Also very linear boost and is always spooled. the other two have turbos so why not go that route and have something new to offer the market. another thing is you could run stock exhaust so less new parts.

All I can say is cat better get their scat together and get a turbo mtn sled on the snow or they won't have any market share left , I won't buy another new cat until this happens been riding cats for 30 years that doo turbo is damn impressive just sayinI

All I can say is cat better get their scat together and get a turbo mtn sled on the snow or they won't have any market share left , I won't buy another new cat until this happens been riding cats for 30 years that doo turbo is damn impressive just sayin
I agree 100 percent with this. I have been a die hard cat guy they are the only sleds I have ever owned. This last year I spring ordered a 2023 Skidoo Gen 5 Turbo 165 because I was tired of adding turbos to the alpha's and having them run with low end bog (boondocker) terrible customer service. My dumb self kept buying turbos from them. Force Turbo VCS looks promising though. Anyway, I rode the gen 5 for 40 miles and had a servo motor go out and oil pump fail on the way back to the trailer. Besides having these issues, I couldnt get used to how the sled handled and hated it. Sled wanted to trench a lot. The power was great for first 30 miles thing ripped good but the skid on the skidoos are absolutely terrible. I am definitely not a professional rider probably average or less at best so my opinion is just that haha! But I am not a fan of the sagging rear skids as well as the excess ice build up on full tunnel heat exchanger on skidoo. Long story short, I probably had a lemon doo and after I had warranty work done I sold this sled the second I got back and went and picked up a 23 hardcore 165 and put a stage 2 on it. Feels like home to me. Would love to see a Cat turbo sled for 25'. Its just annoying they seem to be 4 or 5 years behind and we are stuck waiting with the only option in a 600. Youd think after trying to play catch up for this many years that arctic cat would have had plenty of time on the snow to get it figured out by now.

Couldn't agree more bdcat162 you'd think they would be ready with the whole line up. I bleed green currently ride a2012 proclimb so I'm way over due really debating about a 600 first year chassis though. Geez I did build a skidoo on line that's as bad as Ive got! Lol

It will do awesome. I ordered a 146 2.6 because it is for my daughter. If she was a little more experienced i would have done the 154 3inch. Really pained me to order a shorter track, with less lug height, that weights 10 pounds more. I will let her run this for a year or two.
The choice is completely up to you and what you are doing or want out of it.
why not the 154 2.6"? i think the 146 will definetly trench. either way i wouldnt worry about the weight. the 2.6 is still gonna spin faster in powder. I believe the 10 pounds is 54 vs. 54, you probably more like 5 pounds heavier than the 3" but i could be wrong. slice the extra fingers off like guys been doin for years on the old PC 2.6 and its even less. Youre a nice dad, she must be a great kid.

I’m very excited about the new chassis.
It looks like it’s one huge step in the right direction.

For myself. I feel as though cat does better when they step out of the norm and do their own thing. They had the market by the horns when they were on the M series. The only true mountain sled. With the lay down engine.
Then they followed the marker with the triangle rider forward chassis and seems like they took 5 steps back.
Took a years imo 2018 to get that proclimb to actually really perform or 2017 if you want to talk mountain cat.
Once they again did their own thing alpha rail 3.5 inch pitch. They started pulling customers in the door.

Why am I saying this?
Maybe it’s time cat makes a stand and carved out a new path. 850 is old news.
Bring back the 900 or 1000
Have a full out mod available
Turbo? Nah that’s to main stream go with a super charger.
I think the new chassis will have some tricks up its sleeve.
I’m hoping anyways.

I was just riding in West the last few days and saw the same color schemed M600 Catalyst on a sled deck heading west on 20. I haven't seen one in person aside from that and the sled looked awesome going down the road. Not saying it was for sure him, but regardless I was pretty surprised to see one on the back of a truck. There was also an M8000 Ascender chassis with it, didn't pay much attention to it though as I was pretty fixated on the catalyst.

I agree 100 percent with this. I have been a die hard cat guy they are the only sleds I have ever owned. This last year I spring ordered a 2023 Skidoo Gen 5 Turbo 165 because I was tired of adding turbos to the alpha's and having them run with low end bog (boondocker) terrible customer service. My dumb self kept buying turbos from them. Force Turbo VCS looks promising though. Anyway, I rode the gen 5 for 40 miles and had a servo motor go out and oil pump fail on the way back to the trailer. Besides having these issues, I couldnt get used to how the sled handled and hated it. Sled wanted to trench a lot. The power was great for first 30 miles thing ripped good but the skid on the skidoos are absolutely terrible. I am definitely not a professional rider probably average or less at best so my opinion is just that haha! But I am not a fan of the sagging rear skids as well as the excess ice build up on full tunnel heat exchanger on skidoo. Long story short, I probably had a lemon doo and after I had warranty work done I sold this sled the second I got back and went and picked up a 23 hardcore 165 and put a stage 2 on it. Feels like home to me. Would love to see a Cat turbo sled for 25'. Its just annoying they seem to be 4 or 5 years behind and we are stuck waiting with the only option in a 600. Youd think after trying to play catch up for this many years that arctic cat would have had plenty of time on the snow to get it figured out by now.
If you can get a chance throw a leg over a solid build. They are the real deal for boost on a cat. Love mine, and I have also had the other brands.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back