• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

The new doos are awesome if you put lynx or new freeride spindle on and change skis. Way better than what they had a couple years ago.
Polaris's track record speaks for itself but I've been lucky.
We actually had a 22 alpha and an 18 cat in our group when we went to wyoming. I actually think the 18 is going to go away for a matryx. I told him To wait one more year for a catalyst. I don't think he is going to wait. He has always rode cat.

I think I'm gonna just pick up a used Matryx for next year. I'll try to get a test ride in on a Catalyst next year and if it blows me away I'll order one with the 888 for 2025.

Same trip that we had the matryx engine lock up, we had a ‘16 axys primary clutch lock up and an ‘18 axys lose a driveshaft bearing. The drive shaft bearing was probably a fluke deal, but it doesn’t sound like the Polaris clutches recently have been faring much better than the cat clutches. Especially the p22 or whatever their new clutch is. It was a rough trip for the poo poos, but there was 8 of them and only our two kittys so the odds were in our favor. I actually didn’t mind riding the matryx, liked it much better than the axys, and it was more stable sidehilling than my alpha, so for a split second I thought I could consider one but once she died I gave up on that idea again.

I think I'm gonna just pick up a used Matryx for next year. I'll try to get a test ride in on a Catalyst next year and if it blows me away I'll order one with the 888 for 2025.
Interest you in a 155 9r? Ordered my wife a new sled yesterday. She is going to try a gen5 summit x turbo for 24.

Interest you in a 155 9r? Ordered my wife a new sled yesterday. She is going to try a gen5 summit x turbo for 24.
Possibly. Probably won't have the cash till at least mid summer though. Started a business this year so I have zero personal income until things ramp up in the spring.

Possibly. Probably won't have the cash till at least mid summer though. Started a business this year so I have zero personal income until things ramp up in the spring.
No worries. Kaos slash with slp picknicker and cv customs lightweight battery kit and 7s. I haven't done much since beginning of November so i know all about it.

Seriously walker85, we need an actual ride report on handling, weight, transfer, power and more...A sales pitch doesn't help us!!

The catalyst would have to be amazing for me to consider cat. We used to have 6 alphas in our group but now we’re down to 2. 3 of them blew engines at 200-500 miles. 1 of them blew a clutch and 1 had the track tensioner come apart from hitting a tiny bump. Combine the issues with the powder bog and everyone is done with cat.

I understand the views of it being 600 only. And I understand throwing more money at a new sled but does anyone have experience with the Speedwerx exterminator kits?

I'm not that familiar with Arctic Cat but definitely looking at one as a possibility for next year.

The 600 motor coming in the Catalyst is different from the 2015-2023 600. But I dont doubt it will take very long for them to update the kit for a 2024 version of the motor.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the 146 vs the 54? Wonder how that 600 would do at high elevation with the 154 3inch.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the 146 vs the 54? Wonder how that 600 would do at high elevation with the 154 3inch.
It will do awesome. I ordered a 146 2.6 because it is for my daughter. If she was a little more experienced i would have done the 154 3inch. Really pained me to order a shorter track, with less lug height, that weights 10 pounds more. I will let her run this for a year or two.
The choice is completely up to you and what you are doing or want out of it.

Premium Features

Back