• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

Oh but they do still make 2 strokes ! So your proof is null and void.
Everyone keeps talking about how amazing Yamaha was with two strokes. They havent built a new 2T since 2005. The engineers that built two strokes for Yamaha are out of practice, out of date and retiring. And none of their snow 2ts were anything close to lightweight or class leaders. They were merely reliable. Which is easy when theyre heavy.
Its time to move past the thought that Yamaha can build a two stroke, just like Honda no longer builds uber reliable motors.

are they lying about the stainless muffler?
i built the 154 2.6 in black, push button start with the low tunnel bag and gps. $15,300 basically. Not too bad. id do a lightweight battery and probably cut the extra fingers off the track. think the 2.6 will last longer and maybe better all around track. cant get atac suspension on the mountain sleds. Bummer. looks like it only adjusts front shocks anyways, i thought it used to control the back shock. I guess you can make some quick clicker adjustments on the rear shocks? I just really like the limiter adjuster on the doo. Although they are sticking with their long heavy exploding gear case for 24 it seems. no bueno. So you do get some tech with cats apparently adjustable gear ratio belt drive. curious to see how that works.

Everyone keeps talking about how amazing Yamaha was with two strokes. They havent built a new 2T since 2005. The engineers that built two strokes for Yamaha are out of practice, out of date and retiring. And none of their snow 2ts were anything close to lightweight or class leaders. They were merely reliable. Which is easy when theyre heavy.
Its time to move past the thought that Yamaha can build a two stroke, just like Honda no longer builds uber reliable motors.
Its laughable to think people say that yamaha cant build a high performance 2 stroke. I dont think its a matter of can they build it but rather do they want to build it. But your right, more people would rather spend their hard earned money on hand granades than they would on realiability.

Good luck. Ship is going to sail before you ever see that. March 7th they're gone is my bet. My dealer got allotted 2 and neither is what i wanted. Wanted a 2.6 146 for my daughter. We'll see.
Sad and complete BS!!!! Games are being played and its time consumers put their foot down and say enough is enough. We are well past the COVID BS, you should be able to order whatever the hell you want. I jumped through hoops buying my last pickup. Had to drive 4 hours to get what I semi-wanted. Will be my last until I can walk onto a local dealers lot and pick from 20 different pickups I might be interested in. This "lets put an order in and see if it goes through" is f'd up. I understood it during the height of COVID, but now, hell no!!!

Sad and complete BS!!!! Games are being played and its time consumers put their foot down and say enough is enough. We are well past the COVID BS, you should be able to order whatever the hell you want. I jumped through hoops buying my last pickup. Had to drive 4 hours to get what I semi-wanted. Will be my last until I can walk onto a local dealers lot and pick from 20 different pickups I might be interested in. This "lets put an order in and see if it goes through" is f'd up. I understood it during the height of COVID, but now, hell no!!!
He did tell me you can go online and order and it won't go against his allotment. Don't know where I'll be on 7th. He is putting it in for me and I'll probably get it but don't know for sure. I would rather have a 154 3 inch but just think the 146 2.6 will be better for her for a year or 2. Also better on trail. Just sucks that track is 10 pounds heavier.

Just talked to one of the local dealers here. His understanding is the allocations are dealer inventory. He can snow check as many in whatever configuration as he has buyers for?

Why?
b2bea721ba9cbc0a48aa4973214977a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

He did tell me you can go online and order and it won't go against his allotment. Don't know where I'll be on 7th. He is putting it in for me and I'll probably get it but don't know for sure. I would rather have a 154 3 inch but just think the 146 2.6 will be better for her for a year or 2. Also better on trail. Just sucks that track is 10 pounds heavier.
I have no complaints with my 146" 2.6" great on trail and you can ride it on hard pack fast without damage to lugs. I have 1900 miles on mine in all conditions and still looks great!

Just listening period!

I saw the podcast on Youtube when it came out. With the exception of one guy, NONE of them were Cat riders. Was looking for insight from guys coming off Alpha's or even Proclimb's to compare them to the seat time on Catalyst. With no more demo rides listed on their site, I am sorely disappointed in finding any real reviews from guys on here who got to ride them.

Premium Features

Back