• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

With only a 600 to ride what can the pros really say about it? "gee, I was underwhelmed? " " It'll be a great sled for my wife? " I don't think you're gonna see much out of real riders until the big motors come out. Not many (read - none) guys riding 600's in our neck of the woods anymore.
Come on man, clearly you know this has a completely new chassis. I am not expecting a ton of talk about the 600's power but why little to no talk about it's handling? Does it sit higher than the Alpha, does it dive in powder downhill or how about turning downhill, is the pushing gone. How about a little talk about getting it on edge, side hill, Catalyst with mono rail vs. Alpha?

Man, I've read less than a paragraph on this new chassis from guys whom have actually ridden it!

Come on man, clearly you know this has a completely new chassis. I am not expecting a ton of talk about the 600's power but why little to no talk about it's handling? Does it sit higher than the Alpha, does it dive in powder downhill or how about turning downhill, is the pushing gone. How about a little talk about getting it on edge, side hill, Catalyst with mono rail vs. Alpha?

Man, I've read less than a paragraph on this new chassis from guys whom have actually ridden it!
While I agree with you it would be nice if there were more ride reports there are a few if you look for them. For instance Snowest has some great info on their podcast…..highly recommend listening to that episode. Anybody who gets one is either fully understanding it’s only a 600 or hoping for the aftermarket companies come out with kits to pump the power up. I’m stoked to be on one for next season.

I have a question that I havent seen asked yet and if it was my apalogies for missiong it. With yamaha being involved with Cat yet could there be any possability of Yamaha re entering the 2 stroke snowbile world, and that is the reason why cat is only doing the Catalyst in a 600 for the first year. I would be stoked for yamaha to finally ditch the 4 stroke mountain crap and give us one of their badass 2 smokers we all know they can build, a big twin yammer hammer would have me beating down the dealers door.

I have a question that I havent seen asked yet and if it was my apalogies for missiong it. With yamaha being involved with Cat yet could there be any possability of Yamaha re entering the 2 stroke snowbile world, and that is the reason why cat is only doing the Catalyst in a 600 for the first year. I would be stoked for yamaha to finally ditch the 4 stroke mountain crap and give us one of their badass 2 smokers we all know they can build, a big twin yammer hammer would have me beating down the dealers door.
Yamaha will never make another 2 stroke. Proof is they use cats Ctec2 in there sleds. Enough already!

My dealer was allotted (6)2.6 and (6)3”
I was able to get him my info and card so I don’t miss out
I’m hoping to get 154 3” in black manual start with tread?

Premium Features

Back