• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

Yep, I have an Alpha, but probably intend to buy a leftover or a lightly used 2023 Turbo doo next year to get me though. If Cat finally has a reasonable engine offering in 2025, well maybe I will switch back. If I end up loving the doo, I guess I probably will never change back. I getting old enough that switching back and forth sucks and I only have a few more new sleds in me.

If it has the 800 stroke I could see the bigbore kits being a viable option if the price is in the 600 class. 900 kit with a decent pipe would make this thing scream. 900 kit with low boost turbo and now you are talking. It wouldn't surprise me to find out the 800 top end bolts on. Stock 800 topend with aftermarket turbo kit. Hang on.

If it has the 800 stroke I could see the bigbore kits being a viable option if the price is in the 600 class. 900 kit with a decent pipe would make this thing scream. 900 kit with low boost turbo and now you are talking. It wouldn't surprise me to find out the 800 top end bolts on. Stock 800 topend with aftermarket turbo kit. Hang on.
I thought about that too!

only Bore size is different , stroke is the same

The oil bottle makes me think 2007 M8..
Pull rope over pipe is nice. Hopefully, it doesn't rub anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

God that thing is fugly. And that bumper looks like something out of the 50's.
It's like that Sienfeld episode where his g/f was hot or scary depending on the angle and lighting. In these photos, that bodywork looks like a short gal with a fat ass. Why didn't they narrow these things up where it was needed?

I think they look really good.

Shorter shock springs are lighter than longer ones. If you need to crank it up further than the threads that are left you probably need a higher rate spring.

The plastic doesn't appear to be any wider than the running boards. How narrow does it need to be?

Since the tunnel is nolonger tapered, the running boards should be the same width as the Ascender.
the overall width should be at least 1in narrower and likely now narrower than the Pro.
The plastic in front of the boards looks to be narrower than the boards.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Springs are cranked up a bit, no sway bar that i can see so that makes sense. I think they look good, like a Poo pug just more angular!!

"Poo pug" ? All I know is when I put my legs over a Matrix and look down, it looks and feels considerably narrower than my Alpha.

One thing that is concerning. Why have the couple guys on here that actually rode the new Catalyst been so brief with their experience? Are they underwhelmed by it?
No side by side comparisons to the Alpha.

This is a sled I'm going to need to see and ride before I purchase...because I truly need to be "sold on" to stay aboard the Arctic ship. Scares me to no end leaving Cat reliability and gambling on Poos constant issues.

Last edited:
With only a 600 to ride what can the pros really say about it? "gee, I was underwhelmed? " " It'll be a great sled for my wife? " I don't think you're gonna see much out of real riders until the big motors come out. Not many (read - none) guys riding 600's in our neck of the woods anymore.

Premium Features

Back