• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

I'm impressed with that "little" 600 too! It'd be interesting to see if a Poo 650 or Doo 600R could keep up with it, but you'd probably assume it was an 850 if you didn't know what the sled was. Of course, if the chassis is able to make a 600 (even a ringer) look more like an 800+, imagine what the bigger motor will do. It definitely keeps me interested in Cat; trouble is, I avoid v 1.0 products, so even if I had money in hand and got a demo ride and loved it, it wouldn't be an automatic that I'd buy a '25. It'll be a wait-and-see on price. It could be they lean on the all-new chassis and positive reviews to sell sleds - meaning the price is around $14k, like @goridedoo said (Martyx 650 MSRP is $14.3k) - or they might undercut a little to get more sleds out and more brand presence. I'm hoping Cat follows more of a simple, no-nonsense mentality. I'm not expecting any miracles on price though: they might all be pushing $20k by '25, the way things are going...

Jackson hill climbs are viewing only, disappointed there's no test rides out west at all. I'd have to really be amazed by the handling to order a 600, guess I won't get the chance to try it, and Cat won't be getting a sale from me this year.

I tried my father-in-law's Doo turbo in Colorado last week, and after thinking for years that I'd never want a turbo, I think I may find a low mile Gen 4 turbo to ride for a year or two while Cat gets their 850/860/875/880/900 and/or turbo ready.

Being from flatland myself, I cannot understand where they think there is any value to flatland demo rides. Hell, a ten year old zr will shine under controlled conditions.
The target market is mountain riders, yet they snub them? Makes me think that this might not yet be ready for market?

The flat land market out sells mtn by 3 fold. If you were in charge of marketing, where would be.
That's interesting.
We are 300 of miles away from the Black Hills and 700 miles away from real mountains, yet all you see in showrooms are mountain and crossover sleds.
I imagine short trackers sell out east?
But still, you gotta admit, the 'latest and greatest' isn't really a must on a sort tracker.

• Haha
Reactions: dw8
"What is the picture like at 100,000 sales? It means the four sled makers can battle over about 29,000 mountain sled sales annually, 27,000 crossovers and 21,000 performance units."

Quote from a 2016 article. I bet mountain sleds have since gained considerably more market share. I bet gross sales in the mountain segment are higher than the trail segment. Higher average sales price. Considerably more parts and repair $'s on mountain sleds. Higher oil consumption. More gear required along with more frequent replacement.

All the optimism and wishful thinking aside, a 10% weight loss is not going to transform a 125 hp 600 into an 850.

The reality is Cat’s new mountain sled will not really show up until the 2025 model year. That means that maybe the 2026 model year motor will be worth the risk.

I hope Cat’s spring order warranty is better than Doo’s or Poo’s.

"What is the picture like at 100,000 sales? It means the four sled makers can battle over about 29,000 mountain sled sales annually, 27,000 crossovers and 21,000 performance units."

Quote from a 2016 article. I bet mountain sleds have since gained considerably more market share. I bet gross sales in the mountain segment are higher than the trail segment. Higher average sales price. Considerably more parts and repair $'s on mountain sleds. Higher oil consumption. More gear required along with more frequent replacement.
That's more in line with what I've read. If you look at the late 90s through early 00s, the mountain market exploded, but it was dwarfed by trail sleds. The combination of some snowier winters and a strong economy drove a lot of sales; some direr winters and the downturn later in the 00s basically killed some once-big trail markets (mostly in the midwest). So the mountain segment is well under half, but it's the more consistent half anymore, and I don't see the trail market fighting back; many factors at play there. Finally, when you get to youtube and social media, mountain riding dominates, and that can only help.

I'm willing to buy the first year '25 with the 800cc+ but only if I get to demo ride the 600 first. Arctic Cat better not drop the ball with these promised demo rides, especially out West. We have enough snow to ride through May so the ball is in their court if they want to make sales.
Like I said, I'm not likely to buy until I'm comfortable on the reliability front, but I totally agree that Cat had better push hard on the demo rides - for next season anyway. I'd think there'll at least be plenty of 600s to try by then. It should be possible to also have plenty of pre-production 800+ Catalysts running by then too, and it'd be foolish not to make a big push. It's more understandable that they'd not put too much effort into demo opportunities with the mountain 600: why spend the money when it's not the product most buyers are looking for? It makes sense to me that they'd focus on the more trail-oriented markets for the 600, then shift to the mountains when the 800+ is on hand.

600 class mountain sleds, entery level mountain sleds, base model mountain sleds, all in that equation.

Premium Features

Back