• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

Catalyst.....
The Khaos killer!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

We shall see. If I had money to burn, I'd probably buy an 850 Khaos Slash at them moment. Like I've said, the Catalyst is very promising; I could see holding off a year for it (the 850ish version).

"Khaos killer!" is pretty good. I think "Dragon slayer!" was the all-time great, but Poo kind of ruined that one...

Reset to 04/05! Except whats this "125 hp class"? it should be 140. anywho, hoping to see one crest snow king next month!

get it done cat!

Reactions: Cot
Got to ride the Catalyst last week out of the R&D shop, PROS: very impressive sled, looks great on the snow, tiny, looks light everywhere you look, handles great, feels light, easy steering everywhere, V force reeds stock, 800 crank, very revvy, VERY strong running 600, but its not a 800, in drag races with stock current 800 and does great out of the hole and to mid race then falls behind, but best running 600 on the snow easily

CONS: Its not a 800, same crappy switches that get wet and quit, same thumb warmer that throws codes, was told they have a few with current 800 installed and running on the snow so it fits, disappointed they wont at least sell current 800 in this sled

Bigger engine running on the snow in TRF and other places but not on the mountain yet

Took u long enough!
Just wait till u get a ride on the 875.
Ur gonna like it.[emoji2956]

Took u long enough!
Just wait till u get a ride on the 875.
Ur gonna like it.[emoji2956]

I'm waiting......had a nice chat with them, pretty tight lipped but its coming, just not soon enough

Does anyone know the full lineup release date? Thought I heard Feb 14 but I haven't seen anything to confirm that, it's only 3 days away and nothing from Cat.

I know there are more peeps that got to ride them this weekend.
Share what ur allowed to share.

No big engine leaks.... or u don't get to ride prototypes anymore. Lol

Tell us about the great traction of these new boards.

How about the narrow gas tank and great cowling to knee/shin angle.

Let's hear how the Alpha rail works better in this chassis.

Steering is lighter and turns sharper.
Hopefully, the ujoint is sufficient, and we won't need to upgrade to a CV joint in 2025.

Tell us how the conversation went when u told the cat crew that they need to offer a twin rail mountain sled.

Hopefully, the ujoint is sufficient, and we won't need to upgrade to a CV joint in 2025.

Tell us how the conversation went when u told the cat crew that they need to offer a twin rail mountain sled.

where are people riding these things!? I want in! Will travel haha

Most of the riding is back east , midwest
You don't want that, though. u want the Idaho rides near Yellowstone.

Hopefully, they will have public demos, and release some dates and areas, Washington state is a great place for them to offer demos.

Catalyst.....
The Khaos killer!

Based on the Snowest podcast the sled is awesome. Probably won't be a Khaos killer until they drop a bigger motor in it. I don't know anyone with a 600 or 650 Khaos but the 850 is a ripper. The Cat is back. Very exciting to see.

No big engine leaks.... or u don't get to ride prototypes anymore. "Lol Its coming in 2025"

Tell us about the great traction of these new boards. "Stock boards were better than the accessory board on the other sled"

How about the narrow gas tank and great cowling to knee/shin angle. " seat looked to small length wise but was great once riding"

Let's hear how the Alpha rail works better in this chassis. " it was a powder day so of course it worked"

Steering is lighter and turns sharper. "yes, yes"

Tell us how the conversation went when u told the cat crew that they need to offer a twin rail mountain sled. "No twin rail in mountain line up, cross over and trail yes"

Last edited:
well Tbh guys most manufactures are trying to go for more cost effective ways of manufacturing... so Platform sharing and keeping models more specific aka alpha rail vs twin rail seems like the a reasonable approach. I do like my twin rail mountain cat over the alpha some days and for our riding area an alpha skid is more so so when you have a 50km ride into the mtns. From what I heard from other friends they recalibrated the way they ride to not break the track. wait till your straightend out to pin it, not pinning it on hardpacked, not smashing whoops and picking better lines. Thats how they keep the life outta their alphas.

I liked what they said about the chassis and lightness, say you go for the non e start model and ditch the can.. that thing would be light... when aftermarket comes with a pipe, BB or turbo kit I think it could be a tree bashing weapon!! im curious...

Premium Features

Back