• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

My 06 rev was a 151 with fabcraft tunnel, cmx belt drive, slp 163hp kit, 2 wheel kit, 50 hp boondockers nitrous kit, mountain addiction rear suspension. Definitely didn't need nitrous to handle m7 or m1000. Buddy's 900 twin would get me out of hole but i would catch him halfway up hill and go on by. With the nitrous it would beat my buddy's $8000 crankshop twin but had to hold the button longer than you were supposed to. Figured i deserved a good sled after a year on an 05 rt1000.

That makes a bit more sense, all our sleds in that era were similarly modded with just the basics of clutching and pipe/pipes. Never had a problem against any of the 8’s of the era though. Also would spank my buddies 06 900rmk, but that’s not saying much as those were underwhelming in my experience for a 900.

My revs always ran better because we always jetted them down 2 sizes from factory. Knew a guy with factory ties and he would tell me what we could get away with.

I had an 06 rev 151 and 06 M7 153.
Rev absolutely whooped the M7 straight-up hills and light yrs ahead in the suspension department.
M7 was fabulous sidehilling, and playing in ravines. M7 was the first purpose built back country sled. 09 M8 was the next level.

Currently, i have an Alpha and Khaos. Khaos is for the lighter steering, easier pull start, and twin rail. The Alpha is definitely the heaviest steering mountain sled, and the Washout on firm snow ruins the day. Sidehilling, a 165 Alpha is not able to follow a 155 Pro on crap snow, which we have more often than stellar deep snow.

A twin rail is necessary for the type of riding i like to do when the snow isn't great.

Cats solely Alpha model pushed me to Polaris.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I had an 06 rev 151 and 06 M7 153.
Rev absolutely whooped the M7 straight-up hills and light yrs ahead in the suspension department.
M7 was fabulous sidehilling, and playing in ravines. M7 was the first purpose built back country sled. 09 M8 was the next level.

Currently, i have an Alpha and Khaos. Khaos is for the lighter steering, easier pull start, and twin rail. The Alpha is definitely the heaviest steering mountain sled, and the Washout on firm snow ruins the day. Sidehilling, a 165 Alpha is not able to follow a 155 Pro on crap snow, which we have more often than stellar deep snow.

A twin rail is necessary for the type of riding i like to do when the snow isn't great.

Cats solely Alpha model pushed me to Polaris.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Ryan Harris was talking about it not washing but it was epic snow. Alpha rail is awesome in deep snow. I did have my 154 wash in deep snow and axys just kept going. Some might have been panel difference. The catalyst will still wash. Nature of the beast. Flex edge on steroids. I do agree with his assessment on the alpha.

My m7 must’ve been an exceptional runner then with the little work it had done. No engine work, but single pipe, jetted(carb model), regeared and my own clutching with the bigger m8 secondary. I agree the suspension left some to be desired.

Everyone has an orifice to disseminate there opinion. Every opinion is valid to the person making theirs known. To argue one's own opinion is more valid is well....sharing thoughts and rational for our opinions is entertaining. Stating the alpha rail is the greatest revolution in snow transport over the course of 2 decades is quite bold. It has been done previously. Just my utterances from my orifice to your eyes. Playfully of course, no direct contradiction or offense intended!

Everyone has an orifice to disseminate there opinion. Every opinion is valid to the person making theirs known. To argue one's own opinion is more valid is well....sharing thoughts and rational for our opinions is entertaining. Stating the alpha rail is the greatest revolution in snow transport over the course of 2 decades is quite bold. It has been done previously. Just my utterances from my orifice to your eyes. Playfully of course, no direct contradiction or offense intended!
I thought the greatest revolution was the nytro.

Ryan Harris was talking about it not washing but it was epic snow. Alpha rail is awesome in deep snow. I did have my 154 wash in deep snow and axys just kept going. Some might have been panel difference. The catalyst will still wash. Nature of the beast. Flex edge on steroids. I do agree with his assessment on the alpha.
Kinda know it all already huh.
My rev my rev my alpha… :LOL::rolleyes: ?

Last edited:
I thought the greatest revolution was the nytro.
I have to disagree: the greatest revolution is sledding is flickability. I don't know why Polaris randomly moved away from that 3-4 years ago, but it will surely be their doom...

Everybody wants you to think their newest sled is night and day better than last year's, and if you're spending the kind of prices sleds are costing these days, you'd much rather agree than say "I liked the old one better." I definitely appreciate guys who are willing to say those words. Still, you see watershed changes, like the difference between the motors and tracks in '95 vs '05, or chassis in '00 vs '10. And some ideas take longer to stick than others: it took over ten years for EFI to take over. Maybe the monorail will be like that, I don't know. Not everything's going to be the sliced bread we were promised, but you only need to go five years or so before you'd agree that your favorite sled of that time is worse than the "worst" of the new sleds. I do have to stop myself for a second though, to say that I'd always take the five-year-old sled over the new sled with a blown motor. Or chaincase.

Reactions: Cot
Along those lines sometimes the old sled was simply familiar not necessarily better. When one has rode a sled for 3500+miles they make it work. In 2026 will this year's sled be the new best ever. For me I guess I will wait and see, only 410 miles on a turbo r. From what I have gleaned so far it should be a yes.

Long time Cat guy chiming in. I put almost 6k miles on an 06 M7. Loved that sled. Ordered a brand new 12 Proclimb from Michelle in 2011. Put about 4500 miles on it. Both just slightly modded. Never felt comfortable on the proclimb but mine was rock solid as far as reliabilty just wear and tear stuff. I am very exited with the early reviews and hope this can at least get them back in the discussion. I just hope this doesn't end up being screwed up by AC with the release. (terrible website, awful social media, no test rides ect ect)

I really think that the last couple years of cat being pretty much forgotten is themselves not believing in their own product.

Maybe now with the catalyst although it may have started as a cat project I’m sure textron has changed a lot about it and maybe it’ll make them prouder and want to push it. Maybe it’ll help with social media I’m already seeing a flood gate open of catalyst stuff all over

Doo and Poo make amazing sleds. It would be great to have a third option though, and the new Cats look promising. However, without a twin rail option I think Cat's mountain sled sales will struggle.

We'll see.

Premium Features

Back