• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

Its too bad Cat cant understand that having a single button to adjust the rear(or maybe center as well) to have a quick wheelie(or plant skis) mode would sell.
Id buy it on every sled. Not gonna buy atac as its slow and too complicated.

I thought with ATAC you had 2 presets you could quick switch between? Or adjust individually?

What is up with the weird raised eyebrow looking thing on the headlight of the Catalyst?

I thought with ATAC you had 2 presets you could quick switch between? Or adjust individually?

What is up with the weird raised eyebrow looking thing on the headlight of the Catalyst?
Snowtrax stated its just there for a signature "mean" look, nothing more.

Well thats kinda cute. If this sled is truly revolutionary they shoulda made the tail light have a signature look. Lol

Oh, look, aluminum running boards.
I recognize those.
Wrong track, though.
ff9a3f65d4d62e23e19e4c118d8d47b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Sorry but they will be composite on all Catalyst models

Sorry but they will be composite on all Catalyst models
Cat Accessory........
I didn't get to ride one with the composite boards. It had these aluminum boards on it.

I bet a lot of peeps will buy these aluminum boards. They are very stiff and good traction.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Just listened to the hour and twenty minute long SW podcast on spotify. Here are the main points:
  1. Tested all 154 length tracks. Some 3" lug and one 2.6" lug. 3" was the definite choice in the deep snow they were in. 2.6" trenched a little more.
  2. SW staff does not like the current Alpha Ascender. Like at all compared to a Polaris or Ski-Doo. Catalyst feels nothing like the current platform. It's lighter, more balanced, predictable, and the Alpha skid in this new chassis doesn't feel like the Alpha in the current chassis. They had one current 800 Alpha and no one wanted to ride it after being on the Catalyst.
  3. Does not feel like a Cat. Feels like something completely different. Feels like the most naturally adapted mountain platform of any brand. Cat staff emphasized that mountain was given the priority when developing the platform.
  4. Chassis feels shorter and smaller.
    1. Everything is packaged about as tight as it can get.
    2. Reduction of parts throughout. Even smaller, trimmer wiring harness.
  5. Weight.
    1. They believe the 10% weight reduction.
    2. Sleds they tested all had ES and they can't believe they didn't notice the extra weight from it. No different tank or seat for ES models, but rest of ES system is largely the same as past Cat models.
  6. There is no "breakover point" in handling. It's an even feeling rolling from one side to another and easy to compensate or make changes.
  7. Back end never washed out.
  8. Belt drive.
    1. 3 gear ratios available that use same belt.
    2. Eccentric tension adjustment on the top shaft.
  9. Steering system.
    1. Old system uses 6-7 parts from handlebars to skis.
    2. New system uses 3-4
    3. New mountain steering post has a U-joint in it to get it vertical.
    4. Steering is easier and progressive.
  10. Aluminum accessory running boards that were on the white/blue sled iced up. Composite boards did not ice up.
  11. 600 Engine
    1. It rips.
    2. 125hp class.
    3. In the Catalyst chassis it goes as good as an 800 in another chassis. They would rather buy a 600 Catalyst than an 800 Ascender.
    4. Will be no larger motor in this chassis for 2024. Cat simply does not have it ready, supply chain, manpower, etc.
    5. They are excited for when the larger engine comes.
  12. Limits on how many snowmobiles can be built.
  13. Cat is going to try to price it around current 600 prices.
  14. Everything was better than expected.

I just listened to it also. Agree with your analysis.
I will go back to my comment a bit back up this thread.
I really, REALly, REALLY didnt want to want one of these things. And that podcast DID NOT HELP ME!!!!!
Question? I dont know who those guys are, and I know a Magazine is reluctant to say anything negative due to advertising $$$
Would you guys view their conversation as legit?

While the magazine hasn't cut down Cat in its publication, I can tell you they have not gone out of their way to say anything good about them the last few years above what is printed in the Arctic Cat press releases. So I think that serves as some evidence that they legitimately like what they experienced with the Catalyst.

Cat: "What do we have to do to get some good press?"
Sledding publications: "Build a sled we like. A-hem"
Cat: "You seem to have your hand out behind your back..."

I've heard enough, I'm ready to put my deposit down for one in '25 when the 800+ is ready. My only concern is will that sweet blue, black and white color combination still be available.

Has anyone seen under the hood of the mountain sled? What is the steering post setup? Seems like all I've seen is the straight post on the riot and ZRs. Not sure I've seen a mountain sled with the hood off.
The podcast answered my question. I thought maybe a u-joint would come into play to get the vertical motion with removing a bunch of parts.....saweet!! It's going to feel like forever before '25 is here....ugh!!!

I haven’t listened to this episode yet, but have listened to the rest of them, and they definitely don’t have much, if any love for the current alpha

Man, you weren't kidding. Personally, I don't get the hate on the Alpha from them. I swapped a Ti can on mine early on and have never felt all these front heavy handling issues they claim to have had.

I know I am in the minority but just don't have these issues with the Alpha. Third season on it and am still loving it.

Sometimes it’s just what they call a “feed back loop” just saying the same stuff cause they heard it. Iam sure there are some legitimate complaints and some guys just like other brands but to wish it to fold is just un American lol. Haters gonna hate. I think it would be awesome if it’s the best handling sled when it arrives but they have a lot of catching up to do according to the cool kids.

Apparantly they don't know that suspension settings can change handling characteristics? I don't feel the front heavy handling either......

Premium Features

Back