• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

I really, really didnt want to like this Catalyst and want one! I dont ride like I used too at 60 and a 600 might be all I need.

Put the tablet down and stop watching vids and reading about this thing Tee?

I really, really didnt want to like this Catalyst and want one! I dont ride like I used too at 60 and a 600 might be all I need.

Put the tablet down and stop watching vids and reading about this thing Tee[emoji3061]
U definitely need to snowcheck one!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

You guys are NOT helping?
So I ride a 2019 Alpha 1 M6000 154x3 limited build that I picked up a year ago. If you like to boondock, ride trails and all around riding this sled is great. The throttle response is immediate and pulls hard for a 600cc. It turns the 3" track with ease in the deep snow. I can imagine what the new Catalyst 600 feels like with improved power delivery and lighter weight. If you want to high mark with the big bore 800 or 850 you should wait for the bigger engine, otherwise you will pleased with the 600 Catalyst and it's capabilities. IMHO

Always wondered why Cat has the intake and the hood as one unit? I got a closer look than I wanted at a tree recently. Was lucky it was an off center hit and I had an upgraded bumper. Also see it complicating forced induction? This seems like an upgrade over the current intake and hood for sure though.

I just got off the phone with my cat dealer and he’s saying cat told him there’s gonna be a very limited run for model yr 24 of the new motor! He says between 850-900cc, he says in March there gonna release it. Makes me wonder if he actually knows because I’ve seen February 28 as release date?
I called to get info on the m600 for my wife.
I may be snow checking too now ?

Let's say it's power is equal to the current big bores out there....
Would u say that's an honest 180hp?

Do you think it may have the same crank bearing problems? Is that a symptom of a lightweight crank flywheel stroker? Or brand specific? After today my old body may only need a 600 anyway lol. What would happen if you turboed a 600? Would it surpass. Na 850 at altitude or allways be less? I talk from my rearend sorry!

I think crank bearing issues are more of an oil issue than anything else (except for the 2019 poo 850 locating pin issue).

Not sure what's taking out the 9r?
I haven't spoken to anyone about it and haven't done my due diligence in research as i don't really care why or how many.
Its more than an acceptable amount for Polaris, thats all i know for now.

And that is to be expected.
The lgr engine will also have a turbo eventually.
I personally don't need a turbo where and how i ride.
There are a few days a yr that it woild come in handy, but not necessary for 95% of the yr.

Looks like the more expert riders need a “stable” of machines. Need the turbo for the really deep days. Need the 9r for technical trees. Probably a few more but iam not expert enough to know. I did for the first time hear the turbo noise on the mountain and see them disappear up up and away. Of course I was digging so could see and hear everything….

just read that among the test units was a 129 and a 137 zr. ive seen many conversations about people not being happy with only a 137 option.

875 might work out, depending on how durable. With bottomless pockets, I'd have at least three sleds: a turbo for really deep days, a 9R or other modified NA sled, and a shorter track, maybe a 146. You could really get extravagant on that. Assuming I'm picking one ideal sled, it's going to be the lightest 850ish sled I can get, probably a 155. I like having a 163 because it allows me to do things at a slower pace (I'm still building my skill set), but I'm not a big bubba, and most days I just don't need the extra track.

I'm really wondering what it was @summ8rmk rode. There's just no way it's a 600; if it was, well, I might have to put my name on the list. People who haven't rode a 600 in a while are sometimes surprised at how capable they can be, but there's no way they're making a 600 feel as strong as an 850. The lighter chassis helps on that, but not that much. I saw somebody say the bigger motor won't weigh any more; if so, it probably means the 600 has the same (heavier than necessary) drivetrain, mounting, and so on, as the bigger motor will have. Doo's 600R is probably the best 600 right now, and it's almost 10lb lighter than the 850. There's another 6-8lb you can take off with lighter driveshafts, clutches, and so on, but that requires unique parts. It's cheaper and easier to do what Poo did with the 650: debore the 850, put it in the same sled with the most basic setup, and call it a day.

I saw a couple reports of 9Rs down, seems like center bearing going out, but it's happening at very low miles. That could easily mean assembly errors - similar to the early 850s that went down because of a blocked oil line. You buy a 9R under the assumption that it won't last as long as an 850, but the lightweight crank and all doesn't explain blowing up in 30 miles. When we get some details on Cats bigger motor, we'll probably know what it is they're gunning for. I'm seeing a lot that I like in the design and riding reports on the new chassis. On the engine, let me just be the first to suggest a "900" displacing 851cc... Just whatever you do, Cat, don't do 866cc.

I'm discovering that my supercharged 165 Alpha sled is a little too much on some days. When you don't have the snow to utilize that power it wears you out more than it does good. Combine that with the mono-rail design in less than great snow it just kind of beats a guy up by the end of the day. Need to get my 900 twin rail 153 back together quick so I can use that second sled option!

I'm discovering that my supercharged 165 Alpha sled is a little too much on some days. When you don't have the snow to utilize that power it wears you out more than it does good. Combine that with the mono-rail design in less than great snow it just kind of beats a guy up by the end of the day. Need to get my 900 twin rail 153 back together quick so I can use that second sled option!
Boost is overkill some days. That is why i like the 9r. It wasn't enough the other day though.
I'm actually probably over the mono rail. When it first came out i thought it was the greatest thing since milk. After i got my kaos boost and seen how easy it was to take sh!tholing, i don't want one anymore and i do have a mountain max. Just as easy and no drawbacks. I put a 34 inch front end on my wife's sled and it felt easier. My heavy old shredder feels as easy in powder. For those that say throttle control, it helps but its still there and sometimes you have to have it and it will lay you out. They don't hold an edge like a 2 rail. They need choices or I'm not buying one.

Premium Features

Back