• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

I hope it’s more than an 850 or by the time they release it they will already be behind. That’s the bad part about playing catch-up. If you think Polaris and Skidoo are sitting on there hands doing nothing your kidding yourself.

Cat has overbranded engines before in the early 2000s with both their 800 and 900 twins. 800 was actually a 785 and 900 was 862. Regardless of what it actually is the 900 sticker on the hood will be important for sales. You can put whatever RPM limit you want on it, but there will always be someone that thinks it runs better at 8400!

That’s slick! Even though it’s pretty easy now it’s even easier still and even though it’s Mickey Mouse the belt thing is handy. My belts in my bag and I allways think the doo belt and tool thing is nifty.? I wish I new more so I could say I saw something in there new lol.

From the Article:
"From what we’re told, the 2024 model launch will happen on February 28th, which will also begin the order period for CATALYST models. I don’t say this as a sales ploy, but if you are interested in a CATALYST model, don’t wait til last day of order period…These will sell out fast.

Also, there will be demo rides from Factory Arctic Cat, and Ill share those dates as soon as they become available. Don’t forget to visit the other media outlets for their reviews as well. (SnowTech, SnowGoer, OSM, SnowTrax TV and SledHead 24/7 Television)"

Looks like we have the full drop date about a month out. I really like how that hood and bodywork goes together! I see a mountain sled in the ride group...wonder how the 160 mile trail ride treated it?

Apparently you have never taken a hood of of a axys or matrix. Turn to fasteners and the hood comes off.
Yes, but the latch is an extra securement point that adds almost no time to take it off or put it on. Like I said above, I've popped my Axys Hood out of place before. If that happened on the Cat you'd be sucking snow into your intake.

SnowTech posted there are currently 30 pre-production sleds on the snow with 60 more scheduled to be built in February. For Demos I assume.

Claimed future "Larger Displacement" engine won't weigh any more than the new 600 engine.

SnowTech posted there are currently 30 pre-production sleds on the snow with 60 more scheduled to be built in February. For Demos I assume.

Claimed future "Larger Displacement" engine won't weigh any more than the new 600 engine.
Read somewhere that they are using the 800 crank.. i would assume same engine, just change heads and pistons and possibly bore to make different option. Assumably you'd then have 630, 820, and 799 turbo. But hey I'm just guessing..

I hope there's demos. Bret Rasmussen posted he taught an avalanche class to Arctic Cat employees in Island Park, there were 3 or 4 black Catalyst mountain sleds in the pic he shared.

never had a factory demo ride that the sleds weren't tuned to the max.....sleds delivered in the fall were usually down in hp by what felt like 10-15 hp.....but i like what i'm seeing so far..

Premium Features

Back