• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

So guy on here tested them last weekend. He said it’s not a 600. He wasn’t allowed to open the panels. He said it handled great and was more powerful and smoother than a competitors na 850. He’s on here . Not me. I know nothing but he posted in the 9r thread by forum expert lol. So maybe we’re not giving a.c. Credit for marketing (hope springs eternal) and they are gonna surprise everyone with a competitive machine? We’ll see? You know what manufactures should do? They should do a no tell snow check for cheaper and you get a surprise lol!

They are already doing that. Snowcheck and when/if delivered you have no idea what will be missing or what parts have been substituted.

Hmmm…this guy specifically said larger engine…but I have no idea. I actually really like the way they look and that’s a lot to me. I honestly think their is one brand that’s just ugly lol. I’ll buy a 600 if it’s reasonably priced but not if it’s the same as a competitors 850. Talked to the dealer salesman here yesterday and he has 4 holdover 22’s and they still want 16k for them. So it’s going to be tricky deciding what’s the best for your money? I dunno? Can is so far behind getting some social media coverage. They could be so much better at pr lol. Hope you get to ride one! Rip into the trees and steal a few shots of the engine and be “that guy” lol

There have been test mules on the snow with bigger engine configurations in the past. So it's entirely possible there are a few running around with a larger engine for testing.

There have been test mules on the snow with bigger engine configurations in the past. So it's entirely possible there are a few running around with a larger engine for testing.
Dave McClure and Riley Kincaid have 900s in a pair of mod sleds that are supposedly SSI big bores, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were actually the new Cat engine. Same with their Force Turbos. Some Polaris riders were testing the Boost setup disguised as aftermarket on Axys sleds before the Matryx was unveiled.

Man I sure hope they are testing the hell out of the 'bigger' motor. If they make us wait beyond '25, might be just enough to push me to Doo. I can limp through one more season but spring of '24 I'm ordering something new and it will not be a 600! :)

Dave McClure and Riley Kincaid have 900s in a pair of mod sleds that are supposedly SSI big bores, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were actually the new Cat engine. Same with their Force Turbos. Some Polaris riders were testing the Boost setup disguised as aftermarket on Axys sleds before the Matryx was unveiled.
I hope they do it before Skidoo releases their N/A 925.

I still hope we get a 800 come spring order, and that it's just been under wraps to keep 2023 sales up as good as possible. 650 over entire lineup 800 mountains... Polaris is doing that successfully, 650, 800, 850, 850t, 900

Screenshot_20230120_130207_Photos.jpgDave McClure and Riley Kincaid have 900s in a pair of mod sleds that are supposedly SSI big bores, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were actually the new Cat engine. Same with their Force Turbos. Some Polaris riders were testing the Boost setup disguised as aftermarket on Axys sleds before the Matryx was unveiled.
D M's sled in a shop somewhere

I still hope we get a 800 come spring order, and that it's just been under wraps to keep 2023 sales up as good as possible. 650 over entire lineup 800 mountains... Polaris is doing that successfully, 650, 800, 850, 850t, 900
Sorry, not gonna happen this yr.

I know its hard to be patient, but u should be pleased with the lgr NA engine.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So when these guys change they re tool and foundry everything and that’s it new engine no old ctec2 . Don’t remember hearing a lot of complaints about the ctec 800 besides it’s smaller than 850s it’s been pretty reliable though right? So does this lrgr engine and 600 completely new you think? You know like a sbc can just be a bore and be different. You think it’s ground up new? Cause that could be bad for marketing too. You know how. Guys will say ,”let’s see how it works then I’ll buy one after it’s proven.” Guess that’s life. It’ll all depend on price and my moneys on it being just as expensive as any other. Good to know you liked it. Should give a few to muskokas crew lol

Boards looks awesome!
Happy to see the single post steering, maybe we'll be able to say good bye to loose steering once and for all.

Why is the intake plenum so much smaller than my current Alpha?

i remember months ago when they said they would incrementally release information, other than some pics nothing yet........

Thats the laydown ZR/trail steering system, similar to the current proclimb/ascender chassis.

Kinda hard to make it one piece when it has a vertical post....

I agree with the better steering than the current Ascender, i thought it was the revised spindles.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Premium Features

Back