• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

Looks like some plastic parts needs removing before belt can be changed, looks tight by the lower pulley.
I noticed that as well.

My thought. The ascender was just as narrow as the axys at its widest point.
The new adapt clutch is about 1 inch narrower than team. And panels being so close to the clutch just tells me catalyst is probably 2 inches narrower then the ascender ??

Curious why anyone would leave it open? Why not put at least a plastic cover on it? Any spring or what ever rattling around in there or like the vid from the polaris guy that left his panel off and snow broke the gear.
Not needed but would be cool to have a mesh cover to weed that out. Easy to do since it is set up for it. A few polaris's have had that happen but i bet it's minimal. The internet creates a pandemic and sells a lot of unnecessary stuff to most people. People don't always have to live their life based on the worst thing that can happen.

My Khaos would wine at -20c to -35c in powder as there was so much ice by the beltdrive. Never caused any problems. Many twigs in there as well.

I would think a cover on the lower third or so would keep belly pan treasures out. Might make problems worse tho if something were to get in there.

^ which part? Im asking where the heat is going to come from the most. No direct heat sink from brake disc here. Exhaust heat would be better shielded than exposed. bulkhead cooler heat when running hardpack maybe?

^ which part? Im asking where the heat is going to come from the most. No direct heat sink from brake disc here. Exhaust heat would be better shielded than exposed. bulkhead cooler heat when running hardpack maybe?
I'm good with that. I thought it was some dig at polaris in which most don't have any problems.

I noticed that as well.

My thought. The ascender was just as narrow as the axys at its widest point.
The new adapt clutch is about 1 inch narrower than team. And panels being so close to the clutch just tells me catalyst is probably 2 inches narrower then the ascender ??
Aren't the running boards wider on a cat than a Axys?

I honestly do not know but it looks like the others go up and back to accommodate their edges and drive train? As good riders is that what you’d rather see ? Talker and longer? Or is that just my un trained eye? Someone should get all three and weight and measure lol

Aren't the running boards wider on a cat than a Axys?
U couldn't be more wrong.........
Cat has the narrowest boards.
However, Cats tunnel is tapered, so the overall width of sled is wider.
d9efd3eb26cfd29faa8280144b72514d.jpg
8b1ff362e8f7b42478cac127a6f7ce34.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cot
Would many they be talking about the entire width of the sled? Someone plumb bob them from front to back. Measure them up and back then weigh them full and post it for all to see lol.

U couldn't be more wrong.........
Cat has the narrowest boards.
However, Cats tunnel is tapered, so the overall width of sled is wider.
d9efd3eb26cfd29faa8280144b72514d.jpg
8b1ff362e8f7b42478cac127a6f7ce34.jpg

I had measured wasnt scientific or anything but if i remember the cat was as narrower slightly narrower then the axys.
Or maybe it was very very close to the same. Can’t actually remember lol

But if it was wider. It looks like they took 1 inch off each side this time around

I had measured wasnt scientific or anything but if i remember the cat was as narrower slightly narrower then the axys.
Or maybe it was very very close to the same. Can’t actually remember lol

But if it was wider. It looks like they took 1 inch off each side this time around
In front of the board, that catalyst is skinny!
I bet it's more than 2" narrower than the Alpha.

Oh it was a dig, his Cat drivetrain is WAYYY more reliable than any Poo.
Haha! nailed it!!
nah, actually was just wondering why it couldnt have a plastic or thin aluminum cover to keep debris out. i think you were in agree. jeez youguys are relentless! F cat! Their gonna FOLD!!

Premium Features

Back