• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

Maybe textRon can bring them back . They’ve brought other powersports manufacturers back before right polaris ? This forum is pretty hardcore brand loyal . Other social media has a lot of people hoping to get a new cat next year. Just sayn not arguing.

I for one have bigger feet than Bigfoot and do not desire running boards that are narrower than the current Ascender chassis!

Maybe textRon can bring them back . They’ve brought other powersports manufacturers back before right polaris ? This forum is pretty hardcore brand loyal . Other social media has a lot of people hoping to get a new cat next year. Just sayn not arguing.

Don't quote me on this but I thought the documentary I watched about Polaris eluded to the fact that when Textron sold them management could get back to building the sleds they wanted. Sounded like they may have been holding them back.

Don't quote me on this but I thought the documentary I watched about Polaris eluded to the fact that when Textron sold them management could get back to building the sleds they wanted. Sounded like they may have been holding them back.
That was over 30+ yrs ago. Hopefully old mindset has moved on. World has changed a lot (good and bad) since then. Public (consumer) influence is definitely a bigger factor now.

I studied the picture for hours lol.
Looking at it looks like no tensioner. Don’t think that’s a smart move but what do I know?
But looks like the backing of the drive system it almost looks polished.
Also notice the “tube chassis” it seems like gone are the aluminum flat bars everywhere
Tubing is tubing, can be round, square, rectangle, or oval, tubing is tubing, definitely isn't flat bar unless you mean sheet metal

Textron is a good company, buuut it's a big company. As for the European market we are not seeing side by sides, fourwheelers or new sleds (600 did not get enviroment approval, or process to expensive so we only had 800s last few years).. how long will the dealers last?

That was 43 years ago really how relevant is this comment other than to stir up crap. This is the 2024 Catalyst thread most of the recent comments have nothing to do with it at all. Maybe start up a useless and irrelevant comment thread and we can all post crap like this in there.

I was able to ride one this weekend.
I was not allowed to open any panels.
Either this was the most powerful 600 i have ever ridden, or there was something else inside. ?

It didn't shake and rumble like a big bore. It was smoother than my current Alpha. This sled had aluminum boards, so i can't comment on the feel of the plastic board.

I like the characteristics of the 2.6" Alphaclaw, much more predictable than the 3".

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Either this was the most powerful 600 i have ever ridden, or there was something else inside. ?

It didn't shake and rumble like a big bore. It was smoother than my current Alpha. This sled had aluminum boards, so i can't comment on the feel of the plastic board.

I like the characteristics of the 2.6" Alphaclaw, much more predictable than the 3".

Want a better review than that. Please start over

where? In wa?

Interesting. Do you suspect it was something bigger than a 600? I'd expect that they'd have "something bigger" out in testing right now. I think Poo said the 850 had three years on the snow before its release (may have been more). If it is a 600, it might be a messaged ringer. It'd definitely be questionable to give the impression that it's a 600 when it's actually a bigger motor: you'd definitely get sued if people bought 600s based on riding a pre-production "600" that turned out to be something bigger. Also, it's possible their new 600 is pushing 130HP. Doo's 600R is 125, and 130 isn't particularly difficult, although it'd have to be biased more for power than durability.

I know a little about Textron - can't say I've followed them closely - but hopefully a lot has changed in 40 years. Hopefully they give Cat what they need to make the Catalyst a success. If you're Cat, you're really in a difficult spot. As an independent company, they'd probably be better able to target where and how to spend R&D money, but it's very hard to compete without someone bigger that can absorb some of the overhead. So far, things look good: they needed a new platform, and it's coming. The worry is that it takes a while to get traction and Textron decides to shorten their leash prematurely. It doesn't take much for things to spin out of control, even with a good product. If you want one of the best examples (from the tech world, but still), take a look at how HP's acquisition of Palm went...

Tell us more! How’s it compare? Feel lighter? More or less power then the current 800? Steering effort? Is this the same sled the black cats are riding in those videos this last weekend?

So guy on here tested them last weekend. He said it’s not a 600. He wasn’t allowed to open the panels. He said it handled great and was more powerful and smoother than a competitors na 850. He’s on here . Not me. I know nothing but he posted in the 9r thread by forum expert lol. So maybe we’re not giving a.c. Credit for marketing (hope springs eternal) and they are gonna surprise everyone with a competitive machine? We’ll see? You know what manufactures should do? They should do a no tell snow check for cheaper and you get a surprise lol!

Premium Features

Back