• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

No tensioner on the belt drive. Big anti-vibe sleeve on that pipe spring. Guess they don't want it breaking and getting down where it can shred the belt like Polaris sleds. Oil tank running in under the pipe and lots of heat shielding on the pipe. Things getting packed tight in there!
View attachment 398513
I studied the picture for hours lol.
Looking at it looks like no tensioner. Don’t think that’s a smart move but what do I know?
But looks like the backing of the drive system it almost looks polished.
Also notice the “tube chassis” it seems like gone are the aluminum flat bars everywhere

I studied the picture for hours lol.
Looking at it looks like no tensioner. Don’t think that’s a smart move but what do I know?
But looks like the backing of the drive system it almost looks polished.
Also notice the “tube chassis” it seems like gone are the aluminum flat bars everywhere
Why would you want a tensioner? As long as they come geared properly I see ZERO reason to add another contact point, parts and additional weight.

I love the Polaris belt drive. Takes zero time to pull apart and put back together. You never have to worry about tension. It’s fool proof. They just work.

As long as it’s pushing 200hp, perfectly balanced so narrow it’s a snowbike so high off the snow it’s like a monster truck and has a 5 year unlimited warranty and cost 8k new who cares about the bumper. Oh and it com s with a i-pad Speedo with built in onx and tracking and sat phone and microwave oven for hot pocket lunches? Too much to hope for? Every time I think the green cats are ugly I see one on the mountain and it looks da g cool. So does last years blue . Goi g by they look tough lol.

Why would you want a tensioner? As long as they come geared properly I see ZERO reason to add another contact point, parts and additional weight.

I love the Polaris belt drive. Takes zero time to pull apart and put back together. You never have to worry about tension. It’s fool proof. They just work.
They indicated in an interview that the tension adjustment would be via moving the jackshaft mount.
Maybe its there but I dont see it in the picture.

if they need to break in before heavily loaded like polaris' im not sure id call that foolproof. I also remember the interview where the person was saying easy to adjust for different gear ratios. knowing cat they would design something spring loaded (auto) but yup, doesnt show in the pic. could always be fake news like their lightweight gas tank that never made it to production for 18.

if they need to break in before heavily loaded like polaris' im not sure id call that foolproof. I also remember the interview where the person was saying easy to adjust for different gear ratios. knowing cat they would design something spring loaded (auto) but yup, doesnt show in the pic. could always be fake news like their lightweight gas tank that never made it to production for 18.
?? Never have “broke in” a QD belt. Never seen one fail. Ride with mostly Polaris. We never even bothered to bring spares.

Probably have on average ridden with a minimum of 3 QD sleds each ride since 2013. Zero issues. It takes 3 minutes to change a belt IF you need to. Two bolts. It’s fool proof… and not even an argument worth having. Yet here I am ?

Last edited:
Except when those two QD bolts snap off or the brake gets so hot it melts the belt. Yeah...foolproof haha. I ride with a few Polaris sleds and the newer systems do seem to work for the most part. My buddies with 2013s wanted to burn them in the woods that first year!

I was trying to see how they are doing the adjustments as well from the picture. Also perplexed about the polished case backside. I would chalk the couple tapped holes up to being something needed on a different model. Either a chain case model or mounting of different components. Accessory aluminum boards and rear bumper look good if stock isn't strong enough for some. Front bumper should for sure protect some plastic from the saplings!

?? Never have “broke in” a QD belt. Never seen one fail. Ride with mostly Polaris. We never even bothered to bring spares.

Probably have on average ridden with a minimum of 3 QD sleds each ride since 2013. Zero issues.
Just tells me how yall ride ?

Oh ya know it has a mean look on its face!not like the doo that looks cartoonish kinda but look as they pan around it looks devilish! That’s awesome iam buying one of its kinda reasonable priced lol

Engine area looks similar to Ascender. Maybe my next M1000 conversion. Pipe might take a little more professional help is all. Oil tank would disappear anyway. Lol. Anyone got friends at race program? I dont want warranty anyway.

Except when those two QD bolts snap off or the brake gets so hot it melts the belt. Yeah...foolproof haha. I ride with a few Polaris sleds and the newer systems do seem to work for the most part. My buddies with 2013s wanted to burn them in the woods that first year!

I was trying to see how they are doing the adjustments as well from the picture. Also perplexed about the polished case backside. I would chalk the couple tapped holes up to being something needed on a different model. Either a chain case model or mounting of different components. Accessory aluminum boards and rear bumper look good if stock isn't strong enough for some. Front bumper should for sure protect some plastic from the saplings!
For the most part? What issues are they having?

I see ZERO issues with Cat running a simple belt drive like that. On what planet is a chaincase with a tensioner, gaskets, fluid, and 30 fasteners more fool proof than 2 pulleys, 2 bolts, and belt. If there aren’t heat issues (brake), or alignment issues it should be trouble free.

I wonder if there are fasteners threaded into the backside of those holes to hold that backer plate on?

Curious why anyone would leave it open? Why not put at least a plastic cover on it? Any spring or what ever rattling around in there or like the vid from the polaris guy that left his panel off and snow broke the gear.

Premium Features

Back