• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

I did think same thing in the pics above tho, does this angle make me look fat? LOL kinda. tape measure will tell us in a couple months...
The bodywork reminds me of a lady with a nice flat stomach, thin waist, then you look down to see a big fat ass!

Seriously, the Adapt clutch is the right move on the PTO side, the belt drive is also the right move on the MAG side. Problem is the suitcase muffler. My Diamond S can frees up a ton of room but with the oil reservoir/chaincase, it doesn't matter. Hopefully, the oil tank gets a total redesign but looking at the handlebars/controls being the same, I won't hold my breath.

The bodywork reminds me of a lady with a nice flat stomach, thin waist, then you look down to see a big fat ass!

Seriously, the Adapt clutch is the right move on the PTO side, the belt drive is also the right move on the MAG side. Problem is the suitcase muffler. My Diamond S can frees up a ton of room but with the oil reservoir/chaincase, it doesn't matter. Hopefully, the oil tank gets a total redesign but looking at the handlebars/controls being the same, I won't hold my breath.
agree on the suitcase muffler, cheap. obviously wasnt even in the engineers plans on the proclimb or ascender but the bean counters stuck it in. i dont think its gonna be a wide sled compared to the comp tho. we'll see. diamond s can sticks out a lot too. i would get rid of that oil tank if it bugs ya, its a heat tampon, glad they got rid of it. its not very heavy tho.

Looking at the new Cat on the snow, still has me disappointed that the sides of the bodywork, particularly the lower rear are still wide. Narrowed clutch but still has side panels protruding out so you'll panel out in the real deep. Only way around it is to design a new exhaust, something like the Polaris. The way Cat's expansion chamber goes across the chassis will never allow the body to narrow up. Really my only bitch about the Catalyst.
Not sure I see what your saying. Looks to me like the plastic is tucked in at the rear to be as narrow as the running boards.

Reactions: rkm
Im really excited for this new platform! Cant wait to see one in the flesh and try it out! I wish it was like the golden years in 2019 when they just launched the alpha. Dealer demos, plenty of models, great times.

I dont know how they could have played this move better..
I see why they launched the 600 early to try to build hype and be like hey we still here... but at the same time It feels like they are trying to over hype it and we are not feeding into their really poor schemes.

Like if they woulda went cold turkey and not said anything and just been like boom here it is shock the world.. would that be a better approach than trying to gain early interest idk

I just hope that this wont be a fragile machine, The ascender platforms were really bullet proof, rarely broke a suspension or chassis related part... compared to the competitors when you hit a pine cone and fold 2 aarms and a shock. we shall se

Im really excited for this new platform! Cant wait to see one in the flesh and try it out! I wish it was like the golden years in 2019 when they just launched the alpha. Dealer demos, plenty of models, great times.

I dont know how they could have played this move better..
I see why they launched the 600 early to try to build hype and be like hey we still here... but at the same time It feels like they are trying to over hype it and we are not feeding into their really poor schemes.

Like if they woulda went cold turkey and not said anything and just been like boom here it is shock the world.. would that be a better approach than trying to gain early interest idk

I just hope that this wont be a fragile machine, The ascender platforms were really bullet proof, rarely broke a suspension or chassis related part... compared to the competitors when you hit a pine cone and fold 2 aarms and a shock. we shall se

Yeah, building excitement early is not a bad strategy. I hope thiey come out swinging witth this thing when mass produced. It will be great for Cat if it''s a game changer. Huge huge competition with the new G5 and they Matryx sleds.

They better bring it. I just rode my wife's 9r yesterday and that thing rips. Also rode mountain max since my sled isn't in. That thing is just heavy. I'd buy a catalyst but it has to be better than 9r which is a tall tall order.

that thing looks good. i want the big engine but might have to have a 600 along side the mtn cat for a year.

Looks like most everything you wanted short the engine. Let’s hope they are just waiting so they get it right! Otherwise they will be another old American (only American) company who went out of business making snowmobiles . Crazy really after all these years there only three period. I can say as a new rider with a little more expensive, the next sled I buy will be the lightest one made regardless the brand. They are so dang heavy

I love that color combination. I hope they keep it when they put out a bigger engine. Reminds me of the Forsythe Racing colors from back in the CART open wheel days.

Premium Features

Back