• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 catalyst

I have a few friends who have the MTN seat, MTN running boards, have the blast hood, and the ice age elevate spindels.. from what I can tell that pretty close to riding the new catalyst. And these feel great i night add!!
I bet you will be surprised how different they are. Just like comparing an axys to a matryx. It's a surprisingly different sled to me.

Bigger engine just not ready yet. Lots of other good info in there though
Sure, but no guarantee they will even have something for 2024 and if they do, what are the chances it will even be close to a 180hp doo? It might just be a 900 NA. I have been a Cat guy all my life but I guess its time to change. NO full size adult that actually rides with a group is riding a 600. That is laughable. Can you get around, sure but you sure aren't the one dropping into a bowl. I can't wait another 2 seasons.

I came here to post this article, by far the most information I've found about the Catalyst.

Sure, but no guarantee they will even have something for 2024 and if they do, what are the chances it will even be close to a 180hp doo? It might just be a 900 NA. I have been a Cat guy all my life but I guess its time to change. NO full size adult that actually rides with a group is riding a 600. That is laughable. Can you get around, sure but you sure aren't the one dropping into a bowl. I can't wait another 2 seasons.
They've said multiple times that the 2024 will be 600cc only. Unless they surprise us (which I doubt), you're going to be waiting 2 years for it.

2 more years of testing for it gives me some confidence that it will be dialed when it does show up. I'm gonna try to demo a 600 this year to try out the chassis at least

Based on the article, it appears Cat has put a lot of thought into their new chassis. Seems like all good stuff, on paper.

I would be a lot more interested if they offered a dual rail mountain sled though.

Last, by the time they offer an 800 plus motor in their 2025s, where will Poo and Doo be? They are not just sitting around.

2025 model year should be interesting.

I find it funny… “customer feedback is that we need a higher displacement engine… it would cost millions to put the 800 in the Catalyst”

…. So putting the 600 in made the most sense?

I find it funny… “customer feedback is that we need a higher displacement engine… it would cost millions to put the 800 in the Catalyst”

…. So putting the 600 in made the most sense?
I initially agreed with that statement in the article, but honestly I think it would have been worth the investment to release it with the current 800. It would've boosted sales in year one of the chassis, then in year 2, the new engine would boost sales more. Plus they could keep the 800 around for another year or 2 for those that aren't comfortable with a new engine in its first year.

And personally, I love the Alpha, but having a twin rail option would draw more customers, plain and simple.

If they are reasonable they will release a 850 with very limited guarantees or some sort of service fee, and be very open with that the engine will need to go through a lifecycle and the only want the most hard core testers. But you buy your test platform..

Big tech does it and all of us sign upp to the beta programs helping the development free of charge. I'd Signe up and i would test and have zero expectations other than "cheap" parts if things break

Any idea just how many snowmobiles get sold period? Hundreds of thousands or ? Just curious iam only a new fan of the machine
100,000 or so in North America each year. Mountain sleds being around 30% of that.

According to a 2016 article I found 21% of sleds sold are trail performance, 27% crossover, and 29% mountain. Remainder being utility and 2 up I suppose.

I believe Polaris sold over 10,000 Pro Rmks in 2011… or 13, I don’t remember. Ski Doo sold a ton of 2017 850 Summits as well, I wanna say there were rumors around 10k. The mountain sled market is alot bigger than many think.

Remember when the trail sleds used to get the new chassis designs first? Should they have given them this chassis with the 600 and left the ascender with a 800 available for 2024 again?

Premium Features

Back