• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Placer / Twenty-Mile

Always something

I have no books to hit! They cancled class wednesday and thursday because of icy roads.

Its a shame they closed place because the snow was wicked on saturday

Well it should open back up once it freezes back up. I still am looking forward to the first ride of the year up there. We were just on the edge of getting the local parks opened up before this friggin fiasco. It is pouring down rain out here and has been much of the day. All I can do is imagine the snow we would be getting....DANG:mad:

Awesome Day!

Great day up at placer. Pretty quiet in the morning but then the masses showed. Pretty rode out up high since the fog was layin in about midway.

Saw my first backwards duck bill helmets out today, or whatever those stupid things are called. Thank god Im too old for that stupid trend.

RAG DOLL

Watchin the THC crew throw down
Placer2-7-09055.jpg

Project overbudget finally hits the snow!
Placer2-7-09076.jpg

Homeslice
Placer2-7-09093.jpg

MTNSLD
Placer2-7-09064.jpg

Placer2-7-09058.jpg

Tweak w/ Pura Vida in the background
Placer2-7-09084.jpg

Placer2-7-09060.jpg

Placer2-7-09097.jpg

Nice Pic's-Stellar Day

Great day up at placer. Pretty quiet in the morning but then the masses showed. Pretty rode out up high since the fog was layin in about midway.

Saw my first backwards duck bill helmets out today, or whatever those stupid things are called. Thank god Im too old for that stupid trend.

RAG DOLL

Watchin the THC crew throw down
Project overbudget finally hits the snow!
Homeslice
MTNSLD
Tweak w/ Pura Vida in the background

Giddy Friggin Up!!!!:beer;

Rode placer today, it was good but not as good as it was on Friday with no one around and un tracked. Friday we ran into two other small groups. Friday I burned 10 gallons in 4 hours.

Placer today was deep, and a whole lots of slides.

It was about 38 degrees at the first parking lot. Made it back to the trail to squirrel flats. Snow line was about 500 to 600 feet. Once we hit the snow line it was about 2 feet of fresh wet snow. Tore up the whole face. BUT, the avalanches were of the hook. We started about 6 avys today. We got of the mountain. I have never seen it this bad. Everything was sliding. Squirrel flats is gonna be insanely deep when this storm goes by. Gonna be interesting to see how the gully holds up.

It was about 38 degrees at the first parking lot. Made it back to the trail to squirrel flats. Snow line was about 500 to 600 feet. Once we hit the snow line it was about 2 feet of fresh wet snow. Tore up the whole face. BUT, the avalanches were of the hook. We started about 6 avys today. We got of the mountain. I have never seen it this bad. Everything was sliding. Squirrel flats is gonna be insanely deep when this storm goes by. Gonna be interesting to see how the gully holds up.

Only took six avys before finally getting off the hill, lol. One of our reasons for choosing P-ville was because of the reported avy conditions for south...glad we rode north and glad no one got caught in your group, that seems lucky.

I feel your pain Jen..squirrel claimed the rest of my riding season saturday. We were hitting this stepdown booter and I ate **** hard, whipped it and couldnt get it back around. Long story short broken sternum, broken ribs, and I toasted my shoulder, busted the ball and the socket and my rotator cuff. Surgery time. I'm pissed. And in a lot of pain :(

I feel your pain Jen..squirrel claimed the rest of my riding season saturday. We were hitting this stepdown booter and I ate **** hard, whipped it and couldnt get it back around. Long story short broken sternum, broken ribs, and I toasted my shoulder, busted the ball and the socket and my rotator cuff. Surgery time. I'm pissed. And in a lot of pain :(

Holy crap that sucks bro. If ya need anything or just want to BS let me know :beer;

Premium Features

Back