• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Placer / Twenty-Mile

Thanks guys for the ride. Definitely will be waiting for another large dump before returning to Placer.

Oh ok, I know which ones you guys where. I was on one of 2 07 dragons, my group was the big group that merged into yours when we dropped down this hill LOL. I was also the one with the enclosed who flashed his lights while you guys where coming to the lot, I thought you guys where someone else.

That stupid cloud at about 1000 ft just wouldnt let the light through.

Stupid clouds
CIMG1604.jpg

Mike and Garrett by the other cave
CIMG1605.jpg

Travis showed up a little later
CIMG1606.jpg

Garrett (akmclean) found the sweet spot!
CIMG1607.jpg

Garrett messing around again...
CIMG1609.jpg

At least you guys didnt get a good pic of my idlers, eh?

Good ride non the less. Better than staying home!

I know, too bad. It was a heck of a ride, you looked like a pro side-hillin through those alders just to flip a 180 and stop...:)

Glad you stopped though, could have been some bad carnage! I sure wish the pics showed just how steep and sketchy that hill was.

A close up for you :)
CIMG1608.jpg

Rode Placer solo on a night ride. Was Safe. The Way up to squriell flats looks good But it could slide. Still kinda early to climb it. about 3 feet of powder back in the woods. Rode for about 2 hours. Watch out for the creek. its still open in spots.

Sorry dude the irony is too much- Rode placer solo on a night ride. was safe?
:beer;

Oh ok, I know which ones you guys where. I was on one of 2 07 dragons, my group was the big group that merged into yours when we dropped down this hill LOL. I was also the one with the enclosed who flashed his lights while you guys where coming to the lot, I thought you guys where someone else.

You sure that was us? Both groups were trying to get back to the spencer side. We watched you guys go way out, then turn around when you got near the glacier. Where did you end up going, we lost track of you after going around the train. We went down into skookum after that. We thought the light would be better, but it wasnt. Did you go up the regular way?

We parked in the overflow lot. Did You guys park at ingram creek?

Joe

we went by the bridge, squirrel flats and try to make a trail got real deep the higher we went got pretty far till my buddys dragon stoped running and had to tow him off the mountain took 3 hours to get to the bottom and did not get back to the truck till 7 pm wow it was GAY

Hey Joe, I thought I seen your sled sitting in the first parking lot when we drove by but I wasnt sure. Now I know it must have been you.I dont really know the area that well(first time there) I think we were trying to get into squirrel flats. Could not make it, A buddys sled died up at the top and we had to tow him out.Got back to the truck around 6:30 or 7:00. Not a fun day! Looks like a cool area though if the weather cooperates.

You sure that was us? Both groups were trying to get back to the spencer side. We watched you guys go way out, then turn around when you got near the glacier. Where did you end up going, we lost track of you after going around the train. We went down into skookum after that. We thought the light would be better, but it wasnt. Did you go up the regular way?

We parked in the overflow lot. Did You guys park at ingram creek?

Joe

I was in m7162's group. but i wasnt with him when the other dragon broke. the went up high and I stay with the new riders after I had a situation with a alder LOL.

I am pretty sure it was you guys, we where parked in the second lot, which I believe is the overflow, right? Did one of you guys have a head lamp on, on your way out?

m7162: I dont think I did get your name yesterday and who was the other guy on the black rev?

AK800VE..yep, that was me with the lead-dog. Yesterday was one of the few days i wished I still had my headlights..It could have helped a little for the flat light.

Rev Guy, Were you the two that drove by right about 9:45 to 10:00 ish? Towing a 2 place?

M7162, how was the light up there, did you get through the flat stuff into brighter?

edit...what the heck are all you doing on the internet now? Dont you have jobs...ha ha ha

Placer wasn't what i expected. The difference in Skookum over the last four years is unbelievable, i went up the first little bench above the glacier cave, looks way dangerous up there so i turned down. The entire glacier cave is completely caved in, not nearly the site it used to be. Met up with C-bolt and a few others. Burned up a piston and a cylinder on the way out... good times.

- Trav

Work is way over-rated!!!

AK800VE..yep, that was me with the lead-dog. Yesterday was one of the few days i wished I still had my headlights..It could have helped a little for the flat light.

Rev Guy, Were you the two that drove by right about 9:45 to 10:00 ish? Towing a 2 place?

M7162, how was the light up there, did you get through the flat stuff into brighter?

edit...what the heck are all you doing on the internet now? Dont you have jobs...ha ha ha

Hey Joe,
Your one to be talking. How's the wheels looking??:D

Joe, yes that was us I was following the truck pulling the two place and had my sled in the back of the my dodge. I was riding with M7162, and no the light never got any better:mad::mad:

light got better the higher we went the so also got deeper the higher we went if we had more time i think we could of broke over the top to the deep deep stuff and by the way i work on the slope 2x2 for 2 years i do what i want when i want any way my name is mike going to lost lake for the week end thur fri sat becouse i want to.. lol

Placer wasn't what i expected. The difference in Skookum over the last four years is unbelievable, i went up the first little bench above the glacier cave, looks way dangerous up there so i turned down. The entire glacier cave is completely caved in, not nearly the site it used to be. Met up with C-bolt and a few others. Burned up a piston and a cylinder on the way out... good times.

- Trav

Damn dude, if it aint 1 thing or another LOL

If they werent predicting snow on friday i wold say lets break trail up into squirrel flats. But with a new storm on the way i wont be going near that trail up. If there was ever a perfect example of an avalanche terrain trap, that little valley up to the notch is it.

M7162 - We had to tow a dragon out the bottom of sqirrel flats last year. Not a great place to break down

Premium Features

Back