• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Placer / Twenty-Mile

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
I had to tow a 08 rev xp out of there with a broken drive shaft last year that was no fun either. AK snow safaris probably remember the sled cause it was theres. Atleast carlisle stood behind there warrenty on the belt I burned up pulling him out. Oh well it happens.

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
ak800ve, Its a water temp gauge, not an a/f...no big mods, really just a can, clutching and gearing (and several coats of krylon...). Ive got drop brackets and a few other things but no HP adders. I pulled the headlight out mainly for cooling, and a little bit of weight (it weighs a pound or two). Plus it serves no purpose in the powder at night, but the lead dog works great.

rev guy...did you see us in and out of your group a few times? you should of come buy and hit my kill switch or gave me the finger or something :)

mike, ive now got 4 wheels to put on the rear...no more busted 2 wheels for me...

Did anybody go today?

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
ak800ve, Its a water temp gauge, not an a/f...no big mods, really just a can, clutching and gearing (and several coats of krylon...). Ive got drop brackets and a few other things but no HP adders. I pulled the headlight out mainly for cooling, and a little bit of weight (it weighs a pound or two). Plus it serves no purpose in the powder at night, but the lead dog works great.

OH ok, from a distance I thought it was a A/F gauge.

I bet that lead dog works great, I thought it was pretty bright when I see you by the parking lot and it wasnt even dark yet LOL.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
me and a buddy are going to try and go a different way up into squirl flats on saturday so we dont have to do the side hill and then up to that nasy avy zone ...... come on out and help bust thru alders

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
me and a buddy are going to try and go a different way up into squirl flats on saturday so we dont have to do the side hill and then up to that nasy avy zone ...... come on out and help bust thru alders

Which way are you going to try. The only other way I know is from the south side near spencer glacier, but i really doubt they have enough snow to go that route. I tried that last year when there was more snow than now and we werent even close. Good luck though. Post pics if you make it!

A
Dec 11, 2007
thanks chris for letting us tag along w/ you breaking a trail for the biz. Snow sucked but its still early and was kinda cool being in before any others. This guy really does a great job putting in a trail, cutting alders and finding a safe path to give his clients a unique alaska expereince, so if you see the OBVIOUS trail in and out of skookum try not to tear it up or lead off into brush. Thanks again Chris, and look forward to riding w/ you some more once the snow gets better.

Mike on the RS

Where did you buy the TOBE helmet?

P
Jan 8, 2008
aK
Anybody going down tommorow? If you don't mind a tag along i might be interested, my usual crew has prior obligations and i am minus my wingman.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
if the weather looks good in the morning, some friends and I might pop down there and try and break the trail in up to squirrel flats. Black and red REV, holler if you see us

thanks chris for letting us tag along w/ you breaking a trail for the biz. Snow sucked but its still early and was kinda cool being in before any others. This guy really does a great job putting in a trail, cutting alders and finding a safe path to give his clients a unique alaska expereince, so if you see the OBVIOUS trail in and out of skookum try not to tear it up or lead off into brush. Thanks again Chris, and look forward to riding w/ you some more once the snow gets better.

Mike on the RS

Where did you buy the TOBE helmet?

No prob, sorry the snow was not better. I hear it's great up higher!!!:D I can get the TOBE helmet for you if you know your size. Otherwise, head on down to AMDS and they have several in stock. They Rock!

Chris

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Believe me jen the trail was worth it! :) Sorry for leaving you guys down there for a while, after all that trail riding I just wanted to get up in there...

On the way up...it was crappy vis down low but once you climbed a couple thousand feet it was bluebird
squirrel1.jpg

And it was worth the climb..
squirrel3.jpg

squirrel4.jpg

Last edited:
C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
im glad to see that you finally made it up the chad me and a few others made first tracks on saturday and sunday we were the first ones up for the first 3 hours of the day. i hope you liked riding in my tracks ...haha

Premium Features