• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OPTIMISTIC ODOMETER 2022 850 PRO RMK

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Took the sled into the dealer yesterday. Service Mgr. called Polaris and they had him reset the ECM from the Quick Drive 2 specs back to the Quick Drive specs. Won't know if that clears things up until I ride it next season. If that doesn't fix things, then they will look at the speed sensor or possibly replacing the ECM. Everyone is in agreement that a 15-16% variance(on the plus side) is unacceptable. If it was on the minus side, I would keep my mouth shut. So I'll wait till next Winter and go from there. Thanks again for your comments.
I agree it is too much. It is just counts the holes in the brake disc and divides by time. The solution Polaris gave should help but why would it be off so much?? I bet there are many guys that have them way off and they just haven't checked. All through the years mine have been about 10% out and my cars/trucks by 5%.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Yeah Teth, I've always expected a little variance but this rig is way the hell off. Even all the cycles that I've had over the years have never been this far off. Normally my bikes have been 2-4% optimistic. Will see what next Winter brings.

Reactions: Teth-Air

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Are you worried about the exact mileage?? I mean I just ride and have fun and just kinda figure we rode this far + - 10 miles
Most of the guys have a GPS and it logs exact anyway and that never matches a track spinning in powder even with a 3.250 165

Premium Features