• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Placer / Twenty-Mile

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
I feel your pain Jen..squirrel claimed the rest of my riding season saturday. We were hitting this stepdown booter and I ate **** hard, whipped it and couldnt get it back around. Long story short broken sternum, broken ribs, and I toasted my shoulder, busted the ball and the socket and my rotator cuff. Surgery time. I'm pissed. And in a lot of pain :(

Get better Chad, heal up for AMan! Want me to bring you some crown?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
Placer2-7-09058.jpg

*****en picture Joe!

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I feel your pain Jen..squirrel claimed the rest of my riding season saturday. We were hitting this stepdown booter and I ate **** hard, whipped it and couldnt get it back around. Long story short broken sternum, broken ribs, and I toasted my shoulder, busted the ball and the socket and my rotator cuff. Surgery time. I'm pissed. And in a lot of pain :(

SH!T Sorry to hear this Chad. Holy hell that sucks, must have been an uncomfortable ride out...

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River

Dang!!!!!!!! This is BS ~ too many injuries interrupting our season.

You think you are pissed now... just wait - it gets worse (not going to sugar coat it) take something good for the pain ;) listen to the doctors and rest up. The beginning is bad for the physical pain - the mental pain comes later... I am on almost 2 months of not riding. It is so frustrating! Ya start dreaming about it and reminiscing ~ but after a while, even just hearing about how awesome other peoples rides have been will actually eat away at ya. Try and keep positive vibes - and positive people around you ~ and stay as active as you can... atrophy sucks!

Hang in there

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Dang!!!!!!!! This is BS ~ too many injuries interrupting our season.

You think you are pissed now... just wait - it gets worse (not going to sugar coat it) take something good for the pain ;) listen to the doctors and rest up. The beginning is bad for the physical pain - the mental pain comes later... I am on almost 2 months of not riding. It is so frustrating! Ya start dreaming about it and reminiscing ~ but after a while, even just hearing about how awesome other peoples rides have been will actually eat away at ya. Try and keep positive vibes - and positive people around you ~ and stay as active as you can... atrophy sucks!

Hang in there

Thanks for the kind words guys, yeah I'm pretty bummed out. And it was one hell of a painful ride out for sure. But it could've been alot worse. We have the jump on video but we were filming from the top of the jump for some odd reason so all you can really see after I hit is the snow cloud and a lot of noise. I'll post it up when I get his sd card. I've had plenty of injuries and surgery before so I'm gonna plow through it and try to get out riding ASAP.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
Thanks for the kind words guys, yeah I'm pretty bummed out. And it was one hell of a painful ride out for sure. But it could've been alot worse. We have the jump on video but we were filming from the top of the jump for some odd reason so all you can really see after I hit is the snow cloud and a lot of noise. I'll post it up when I get his sd card. I've had plenty of injuries and surgery before so I'm gonna plow through it and try to get out riding ASAP.

Sh#$ man get well sucks to here, physical therapy is a *****.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Chad, best wishes for a speedo and full recovery. I have been down for 6 weeks as of today. I feel for you. Listen to the doc and don't push it. You only have one body.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Thanks again guys...you guys are like my little snowest family. No matter what happens I WILL BE AT ARCTIC MAN! And I will have the turbo sled there. Now that I cant ride it, it cant blow up on me, hahaha jk. I'll still be snowest whoring so I'll keep you guys updated.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
Thanks again guys...you guys are like my little snowest family. No matter what happens I WILL BE AT ARCTIC MAN! And I will have the turbo sled there. Now that I cant ride it, it cant blow up on me, hahaha jk. I'll still be snowest whoring so I'll keep you guys updated.

Does this mean I can borrow one of your piles until my pile is put back together?

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Haha jen, why would you want to ride another Polaris? Last weekend leave you a little jaded that you've been on your pile for the last couple years? haha! The RMK and the turbo are down ride now and my 800 is all bent up from the wreck, needs a new post, bars, steering support, other little stuff. The parts will be here next week so if you wanted I'd let you ride that although it might be a little too manly of a sled for you, haha.

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
Get well soon chad, something tells me you'll be back at it before I am. Hell, I wouldnt even wanted to ride out with your injuries. I think the worse part is the mental game....we went up to our cabin yesterday at Nancy Lake..everyone rode, except me :mad::mad::mad: I need to get the F off these crutches so I can rip into the cobra. Parts pile and list is growing.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I hear you there Allen, the mental part is the worst. Not be able to get out of pain sucks and I cant stand painkillers so...

I'm gonna be back on the snow this year. Maybe not ripping hard and hucking, but I'll be riding. I hear you on needing to jump into the cobra, same here! I've got everything I need expect the fuel line setup and fuel hat deal you told me about. My injectors, intake, TB, pulleys, SCT programmer, shifter, and a couple other little goodies are all here. Now I just need to decide on a blower! I think that Whipple 2.3 is gonna be it.

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
I hear you there Allen, the mental part is the worst. Not be able to get out of pain sucks and I cant stand painkillers so...

I'm gonna be back on the snow this year. Maybe not ripping hard and hucking, but I'll be riding. I hear you on needing to jump into the cobra, same here! I've got everything I need expect the fuel line setup and fuel hat deal you told me about. My injectors, intake, TB, pulleys, SCT programmer, shifter, and a couple other little goodies are all here. Now I just need to decide on a blower! I think that Whipple 2.3 is gonna be it.

I hated painkillers, but realized they were for a reason, they help after PT when my whole leg feels like its gonna fall off. Pushing thru this range of motion in the knee is almost just as bad as riding with the broken leg outa the backside of turny when I broke it.

You can get the whipple for 3199 + a lil shipping. I like those blowers alot. I would look into some suspension also, with the roads up here, you need anything you can get. Im also putting together a kit so you can drain the tank of pumpgas and just swap it over to racegas thru the tune via the fuelrail without starting the car.

Last edited:
Premium Features