• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>>>Official Power Commander V Thread<<< Polaris 800 C.F.I.'s

Yes the numbers you see in your trim map and TP map are a percent change from stock.

i.e. A 10 gives you a 10% increase in fuel over the factory fuel curve. A -10 give you a 10% decrease in fuel.

1500-8500

I Have been following this thread I brought pcv from jim running it on ported m1000,have it running well did not know when in auto tune trims where adj as you run, i thought you had to save them then go run again. But my ? is has anybody auto tuned sled at 1500 feet then went up to 8000 + and did tuneing stay or do we have to auto tune at 8000 feet also

I Have been following this thread I brought pcv from jim running it on ported m1000,have it running well did not know when in auto tune trims where adj as you run, i thought you had to save them then go run again. But my ? is has anybody auto tuned sled at 1500 feet then went up to 8000 + and did tuneing stay or do we have to auto tune at 8000 feet also

According to Jim, the PCV map will work at any elevation because it adds or subtracts fuel from the sleds map which self-compensates for elevation.

According to Jim, the PCV map will work at any elevation because it adds or subtracts fuel from the sleds map which self-compensates for elevation.

That's a bold claim, the factory maps aren't consistant at different altitudes. Look at the issues Polaris has had the last 3 years at low elevation. They don't just adjust for altitude on the more sophisticated systems.
Another thing to consider is that the exhaust valves on a Polaris are controlled by the ECU based on throttle position, RPM and Pipe temperature. So you have a moving target, when the EV's open you need fuel. The ignition advance is also a moving parameter based on the same factors and more including the knock sensor. It's not just as simple as changing main jets anymore!

maps

After auto tuneing m1000 with bdx block off valves it is the first time i have had sled run good on the bottem end to the top. Looking at trims it made i ? the map some times it pulls al lot off fuel ina couple throttle positions or adds then the rest is even. Is the factory map this diff. or what I thought it would be gradual change with big change at power valve rpm.

I believe there is some risk in reducing fuel at lower R's. The factories are building a fuel system that has to be as lean as possible yet not create burn down...not always successful. I don't know about Cat but Polaris has a set of low speed and another set of high speed injectors. The injector transition has to correlate with the EV function or you can get a lean bog or mid range stumble. You have different spring rates on EV's that change when they open and also clutching can play a part since the ECU monitors various sensors and adjusts fuel and ignition advance. A solenoid controls when the EV's can open. At WOT it's a no brainer but at lower R's you can easily get too lean and off throttle the deto sensor may not save you. It's possible to be loafing along on the way back from a ride with the EV's open or the EV's closed depending on clutching, EV springs, and even snow conditions. I've experienced that condition on my sled, I can vary RPM as much as 800 R's running the same speed just with clutching (loafing along back to the parking lot). The fuel delivery and ignition advance have a lot more variables now (than in the carb days)and they will have a lean bias at low R's to meet EPA emissions. The factories don't publish these parameters and change them as they try to make improvements.

Last edited:
I believe there is some risk in reducing fuel at lower R's. The factories are building a fuel system that has to be as lean as possible yet not create burn down...not always successful. I don't know about Cat but Polaris has a set of low speed and another set of high speed injectors. The injector transition has to correlate with the EV function or you can get a lean bog or mid range stumble. You have different spring rates on EV's that change when they open and also clutching can play a part since the ECU monitors various sensors and adjusts fuel and ignition advance. A solenoid controls when the EV's can open. At WOT it's a no brainer but at lower R's you can easily get too lean and off throttle the deto sensor may not save you. It's possible to be loafing along on the way back from a ride with the EV's open or the EV's closed depending on clutching, EV springs, and even snow conditions. I've experienced that condition on my sled, I can vary RPM as much as 800 R's running the same speed just with clutching (loafing along back to the parking lot). The fuel delivery and ignition advance have a lot more variables now (than in the carb days)and they will have a lean bias at low R's to meet EPA emissions. The factories don't publish these parameters and change them as they try to make improvements.

I'd like to know more about this. I like the top end, but was looking for a little more hit down low. I thought I would lean the bottom ever so slightly to see if it made a difference. However, I was going to do this map on a switch so that I can go back to my everyday map to get rich as needed.

I'd like to know more about this. I like the top end, but was looking for a little more hit down low. I thought I would lean the bottom ever so slightly to see if it made a difference. However, I was going to do this map on a switch so that I can go back to my everyday map to get rich as needed.

When you watch AFR's and EGT's on a WB2 you find out pretty fast there ain't much to be had in the way of a "lower hit" on a naturally aspirated Poo 4 injector. the accel pump thingy is neat to minimize "f'pah's" and lean transitions, though.

If you are looking for more torque and throttle response in the midrange I recommend adding fuel. If you watch your AFR in the midrange you will see that the factory already leaned them out as far as possible sometimes 15:1 or 16:1 (for emissions not power). Add fuel untill you hit 14.0 -14.5 in the midrange and you will gain power and throttle response.

If you look at a map built by SLP or Dynotech you can see that both maps have added fuel in the midrange for the Polaris Dragon 800.

If you are looking for more torque and throttle response in the midrange I recommend adding fuel. If you watch your AFR in the midrange you will see that the factory already leaned them out as far as possible sometimes 15:1 or 16:1 (for emissions not power). Add fuel untill you hit 14.0 -14.5 in the midrange and you will gain power and throttle response.

If you look at a map built by SLP or Dynotech you can see that both maps have added fuel in the midrange for the Polaris Dragon 800.

On the bold, surging starts at about 16.5:1 - 17:1 followed by going over the bar tendencies at 18:1 to 20:1. An 800 I worked on last weekend was very lean under 6000 (17:1 or so). The SLP map worked pretty good with the pipe at low elevation.

pc5 boost?

can you help me with the pc5 with a turbo. what do you have to hook up if anything? herd they work with boost is this true?

my m1000 mod experience

got my PCV from Racinstation , he included a map for my specific mods and said he would help with future maps if i needed.
anyhow after going out one trip with a bd box i was not even close to tuned , tossed in the towel on that and put in the PCV. pluged it in and the map was awesome. no muss no fuss , just riding.
Racinstation made the maps for 1000s recently and i can tell you it made my sled rip. no more mid bog !

got my PCV from Racinstation , he included a map for my specific mods and said he would help with future maps if i needed.
anyhow after going out one trip with a bd box i was not even close to tuned , tossed in the towel on that and put in the PCV. pluged it in and the map was awesome. no muss no fuss , just riding.
Racinstation made the maps for 1000s recently and i can tell you it made my sled rip. no more mid bog !
What mods, full pipe set etc?

Premium Features

Back