• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
i cannot get on period. says there is no server... my lan is totally gone. anyway to fix this or is my ethernet taken out?

is it just snowest or can you not load any pages?

S
Jul 7, 2002
Central iowa
nobicyt.exe, sobicyt.exe, drwtsn.exe, cfexfst.sys were the ones i was infected with after installing the language pack. not sure why i was so stupid to install it.after an hour of modifying the registry and scanning the drive with another machine all is well.if you delete it your network services and other service will not start up. which is why you have no lan.probably impossible to remove it completly with windows running.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
man so is there something or not? I got a long weekend of being on call for work...so I gotta know if it's safe to go on snowest at home to kill time.

Admin know anything about it?

S
Jul 7, 2002
Central iowa
man so is there something or not? I got a long weekend of being on call for work...so I gotta know if it's safe to go on snowest at home to kill time.

Admin know anything about it?

internet explorer 7.0 seems to not be affected. been on with both vista and xp with no issues. my laptop is 6.0 and it was hit hard.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Lakewood, CO
It crashed my computer at work, the IT guys said it was the worst they have seen. They had to totally rebuild my computer. Wonder if it's a bad idea to use my homes computer but I'm going through withdrals. There is a virus and the admin's need to friggin do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
Apr 30, 2008
Enumclaw, WA
Lol

So when is the new thread about how to recover windows after deleting system32 going to be started?

I think the command you want to use is at the command prompt or "Run" menu type-

Format c: /q

From MS Malware page...

Win32/Renos.BAH is a trojan that displays fake infection messages in order to intimidate users into installing spurious rogue security products

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Seems like theres a bunch of different viruses. I run AVG and it picked up 3 or 4 different ones. Blocked them all! :D:beer;

Headrush

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
come on admins.!

Come on Admins. Wake up and get your head out of you *** and post something or fix the damn problem. This is garbage. I expect it from **** sites, but not Snowest.

Do something!

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Why is it Snowest's problem? Their site is being attacked by some loser with nothing better to do and you want Snowest to do what? Update your antivirus software.

Get A Mac

Sorry guys and gals, just had to get this in. Four year old iMac, no antivirus, no anti spyware, just peace when on line. Why own a computer that has as many security holes as swiss cheese when you can get a solid, safe Mac

Headrush

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
It's Snowest's problem becuase its their site. If someone hacks a public site, the owners need to fix it - updating your virus software is a band-aid, not a fix.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
internet explorer 7.0 seems to not be affected. been on with both vista and xp with no issues. my laptop is 6.0 and it was hit hard.

I'm running a Vista machine and an XP machine, both have IE7, no issues here either. My boot time scan with Avast brought up nothing.

Why is it Snowest's problem? Their site is being attacked by some loser with nothing better to do and you want Snowest to do what? Update your antivirus software.

God I hope you're not in the IT field.

Premium Features