• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I'm running Vista Business edition, IE7, Avast Free Edition.

What folder is the trojan residing in? C:\Windows\System32 ?

Like I said before I haven't noticed anything. I'll run a scan tonight and see what I find.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Last edited:

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Yep, most viruses hide in system32. Delete that folder and all the viruses go with it :)

So when is the new thread about how to recover windows after deleting system32 going to be started?

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
When I click on the videos section, all I get are different adds for drugs and other crap. Anyone else have same problem?

Had to go check that out and that's all I got too. Snowest must have gotten hacked or spammed/fished to death.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I don't even have any anti-virus and no issues (that I know of)

I'm still with Tom only I use explorer....does it make a difference being logged in all the time? Oh and I skip that pexky home page too. One click to many for my taste.

I cleaned out my temp files the other day like someone said to do to be safe though.

Last edited:

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ZoneAlarm caught it the first time. Infection is named Backdoor.Win.Small.flb in C:\Program Files\wsv.exe. I saw it first in the temporary internet files folder when the warning came up along with the dialog box about Address Book. Coudn't delete it but it is quarantined.

Premium Features