• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Heres the way to get the Admins attention.

First, "Quote" this post in a reply rather than just reading it so that it gets run in all of the following posts.

Second, Email all of the major advertisiers on SnoWest and tell them that their ad dollars are being wasted as the site is unwillingly hosting this virus... enough to the point where even google has caught it and they dont recommend going to this site.
(example, TracksUSA, teamsummit, holz,firstplace parts, cutler, SkiDoo, Polaris, Yamaha, etc etc....).... Loosing income will definately get the admin attention so that they can do the right thing.

PM or Email everyone you know on this site to do the same.

MAYBE...just maybe the admin can chime in on this thread instead of pulling it down.

C

ckspeed

Dec 17, 2007
Malcolm, NE
Im just a little confused. Everyone complains about this and says there computer got messed up including me. But why are we back on snowest before the problem gets resolved and further more what is snowest doing about this? Chime in and shed some light on the subject would ya snowest.

If there was communication from, or at least some evidence of the existence of the admins it would help...

Snowest admins, the Bigfoot of the internet. :devil:

sooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Motor City
Heres the way to get the Admins attention.

First, "Quote" this post in a reply rather than just reading it so that it gets run in all of the following posts.

Second, Email all of the major advertisiers on SnoWest and tell them that their ad dollars are being wasted as the site is unwillingly hosting this virus... enough to the point where even google has caught it and they dont recommend going to this site.
(example, TracksUSA, teamsummit, holz,firstplace parts, cutler, SkiDoo, Polaris, Yamaha, etc etc....).... Loosing income will definately get the admin attention so that they can do the right thing.

PM or Email everyone you know on this site to do the same.

MAYBE...just maybe the admin can chime in on this thread instead of pulling it down.

If it hasnt been done already I will post a warning on Dootalk about it also.

sooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Motor City
My best guess is they know, and they keep cleaning up the database, but they haven't found and plugged all the holes yet. Until every hole is plugged, the db will keep getting re-infected.

One of my really, really old websites that I had stopped thinking about years ago, got hit with the same stuff. I wrote a script to clean the database, but I was baffled that it was right back to infected minutes later. Each time I ran the script, it came back. It wasn't until I went through EVERY file of code and made sure I had the proper "traps" in place, was I finally able to keep the db clean.

It's not a specific site or person that's doing this; these are regular people's computers all over the world, that are infected with a virus, that is performing these attacks. I've been logging the IP addresses of the attacks on my various websites, and when I trace them back to their owner, they're from various ISPs all over the place.

Rob
So its like an STD but only with our computers.

T
Dec 12, 2007
Qc, Canada
got infected at home yesterday, that crashed my internet connection and that disabled my firewall, i cannot reactive it. I shut down my Pc and now, pc dont boot, just boot and restart all the time. Weird !

Premium Features