• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
J
Nov 26, 2007
to get admin attention....

post a pic of a scantily clad female.

Jim

I also sent a message to admin several days ago and have had no response.

If I go straight to the forum page, there's no problem. It's only on the main home page.

Is there an admin? Do they only work during the winter think noone is on here during the summer?

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
I picked it up on Saturday the 9th, I got it as an E-mail notification that I had a P.M. When I logged in and saw there were no messages, I new it wasn't going to be good. The best part is when I went back to look for the E-mail in my trash bin, no chit, it was gone. We run the same virus program on our lap top's that we do on our desk PC's, I opened it on my lap top and it took my IT person all day to restore everything. Hope they got it handled.

R

RobG

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2003
Nowhere
A couple of free virus scanners:

http://www.pandasecurity.com/germany/homeusers/solutions/activescan/

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

I figured out what's up... SnoWest was hit by what's called a SQL Injection Attack. There's a really, really nasty one going around that's affecting hundreds of sites. Basically, they're exploiting some security holes that is allowing the attackers to append a special text string to various fields in a site's database. What then happens is when a visitor views a page fed by those fields, their computer is tricked into downloading malware/spyware/viruses.

My Norton Internet Security picked this up on another site I went to, and I remembered this thread here, so I came to investigate.

In the off-chance the admin sees this and wants his database fixed, he can email or PM me and I'll be happy to help. It's not difficult to clean up the database, but the security holes will have to be plugged first.

Rob

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yep, it's still here. Norton is catching it for me. TTT.

5.5switchback

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Epping, ND
I had 2 computers lock up on me and had to wipe them clean and start all over again. there was no program that could clean them up. i even took them to a computer tech and they have never seen a computer locked up so bad. i lost all usb functions, control panel wouldn't work, and system restore was gone.

J
Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade, MT
I figured out what's up... SnoWest was hit by what's called a SQL Injection Attack. There's a really, really nasty one going around that's affecting hundreds of sites. Basically, they're exploiting some security holes that is allowing the attackers to append a special text string to various fields in a site's database. What then happens is when a visitor views a page fed by those fields, their computer is tricked into downloading malware/spyware/viruses.
Rob

From what I've seen, the SQL Injection attacks have been pretty bad. For about the past month our IPS systems at work have been dropping on average around 500 attempts via SQL Injections... Not pretty...

-Jeff

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
norton 360 didn't catch it for me

Kept getting an error message saying "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" over and over and over and over...

Had to download "service pak 3" (?) from internet explorer to run an IE malware scan from microsoft that took 4 hours to scan. Found 66 items and 9 issues on my computer. Scan could only fix 54 of the 66 items and 7 of the 9 issues.

Been doing like suggested earlier in thread and saved link to forum page in favorites without going through homepage. Seems to be working.

I think it's the greenies behind this (Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy, Greater Yellowstone Coalition, Friends of the Wild Swan, etc.)

skyman

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2008
My computer locked up then just quit working all together it was an older one so I went and got a brand new one and so far it is blocking this dam virus. It's been over a week why don't they have this fixed yet!!!:mad::mad:

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Haven't had any problems yet, and the forums is my home page, just bypass the home page and do snowest.com/forum

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Had to download "service pak 3" (?)

This has been out for a while.... your best protection against stuff like this is to run windows update once a week or more.... if it is not on auto.

While the updates aren't necessary, they do protect your computer and if you don't have the latest ones, well.... it shows everyone where the flaws are at.

Kind of like reinstalling XP service pack one will connected to the internet... lasts about 5 minutes online.....

Premium Features