• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
auto updates

This has been out for a while.... your best protection against stuff like this is to run windows update once a week or more.... if it is not on auto.

I thought my computer was set for autmatic updates...but then what I know about computers wouldn't fill a shot glass.

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
Here is a screen grab from my computer Firefox 3, AVG Free,

warning.JPG

C

ckspeed

Dec 17, 2007
Malcolm, NE
Google is flagging it too, do any Google search with "snowest" in it and you get the following message.

Of course if the search engine here didn't S U C K so bad and you could actually use it to search for items like 151, RMK, 700, RX!, etc., I wouldn't have to search the forum using a 3rd party anyway.

Oh, Kaspersky has kept my 'puter clean.

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!
Suggestions:
Return to the previous page and pick another result.
Try another search to find what you're looking for.
Or you can continue to http://www.snowest.com/ at your own risk. For detailed information about the problems we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site.

For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google's Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Advisory provided by

Sturgis Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2003
Sturgis, SD
The weird part is I get this when I select "why"

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.snowest.com/forum/

What is the current listing status for www.snowest.com/forum/?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 22 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 08/07/2008, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.snowest.com/forum/ did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
I must be either lucky or Vista is taking care of itself. I'm here daily and I have yet to have a warning, a problem, or anything indicating this. Not doubting it's there, just odd that I'm not affected.

For what ever reason, I only get a threat about every three or four days, not everyday. My I.T. person said not to run the updates for a while as this was a back door virus and updating would fire it up again. She says it will take microsoft about a month to figure out a patch for it. Knock on wood my updated AVG has been picking it up.

R

RobG

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2003
Nowhere
My best guess is they know, and they keep cleaning up the database, but they haven't found and plugged all the holes yet. Until every hole is plugged, the db will keep getting re-infected.

One of my really, really old websites that I had stopped thinking about years ago, got hit with the same stuff. I wrote a script to clean the database, but I was baffled that it was right back to infected minutes later. Each time I ran the script, it came back. It wasn't until I went through EVERY file of code and made sure I had the proper "traps" in place, was I finally able to keep the db clean.

It's not a specific site or person that's doing this; these are regular people's computers all over the world, that are infected with a virus, that is performing these attacks. I've been logging the IP addresses of the attacks on my various websites, and when I trace them back to their owner, they're from various ISPs all over the place.

Rob

S

SnowBound

Nov 26, 2007
Central California
moflowvents.com
This just started on my computer yesterday. Every time I click something on snowest that friggin alert comes up. Personally where is that fuker selling shoes. No one wants his Air Jordans! Oh, so now he's making it personal. :mad:

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
This just started on my computer yesterday. Every time I click something on snowest that friggin alert comes up. Personally where is that fuker selling shoes. No one wants his Air Jordans! Oh, so now he's making it personal. :mad:

Thanks for the laugh....Damn Air Jordan guy is worse then SHA!!!

B
Nov 26, 2007
UT
I got hit at work, and the IT guys hade to removed and replaced my whole hard drive, it started messing with my network connection.
Oops I wasn’t wasting time on the Internet me….

C

ckspeed

Dec 17, 2007
Malcolm, NE
Yeah, where are the admins now??? :clock:

Post a pic with a questionable :eek: rating and they're all over it....but when the tables are turned........crickets......... :mad:

I really expected more

S

SnowBound

Nov 26, 2007
Central California
moflowvents.com
Im just a little confused. Everyone complains about this and says there computer got messed up including me. But why are we back on snowest before the problem gets resolved and further more what is snowest doing about this? Chime in and shed some light on the subject would ya snowest.

Premium Features