• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
T
May 23, 2008
Oregon
Trend Micro Antivirus & Webroot Spy Sweeper w/ Anti Virus, on my 2year old Compaq Presario desktop. Works great, never had virus trouble, but you need to make sure you update them whenever avaliable. :)
You can check to see if Malware has infected/hiding in any programs or documents by:
-Start
-search
-All files and folders
-type in "Malware" or whatever virus it is...EX-"Trojan"
-search in: Local Hard Drives
It should bring up anything that maybe infected. Then delete it!:beer;

M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
Trend Micro Antivirus & Webroot Spy Sweeper w/ Anti Virus, on my 2year old Compaq Presario desktop. Works great, never had virus trouble, but you need to make sure you update them whenever avaliable. :)
You can check to see if Malware has infected/hiding in any programs or documents by:
-Start
-search
-All files and folders

thanks i will give it a shot

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
-Start
-search
-All files and folders

Thanks for the tip, I've done the webroot and Norton sweep and showed nothing, but I guess its worth double checking manually:beer;

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
I put a thread on general calling admin on the mat on this. Guess what it got deleted. Go figure? What is the f u g g in g deal admin? Why wont you let us know what is up?

D
Nov 26, 2007
I access Snowest from several different computers from home and at work... I've had ZERO problems with virii or other trojans from this website. My only complant is that it loads pages very slow at times.

I use AGV anti-virus at home and no anti-virus at work.

S
Firefox 3 - Highly recommended.
Opera - Another good web browser.

Don't want to buy an overpriced Mac?
Try Ubuntu Linux. You can install it side-by-side with your Windows operating system if you are afraid of deleting Windows. (This isn't for the faint of heart.) The security of a Mac for free.

And just in case people didn't catch on, DON'T delete your system32 folder. Telling people to do something like that is honestly as bad as a virus itself. Some people don't know better, but they might know enough to find that folder...

If there is a virus trying to make it's way onto peoples computers from this website, then Snowest by all rights is responsible for it. If they can't figure it out, they should just take the site down instead of infecting their unaware audience.

At any rate, this is exactly why internet explorer is crap.

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
utah USA
I put a thread on general calling admin on the mat on this. Guess what it got deleted. Go figure? What is the f u g g in g deal admin? Why wont you let us know what is up?

i sent a pm to admin several days ago....surprise, surprise, havent heard a thing back from them.

is this like an ostrich stickin its head in the sand???

"what? we dont know nothin about it!?!?!? its not our problem. we cant be liable for it!!!"

G

Gimpster

My laptop crashed a few weeks ago while carrying it in the saddlebag of the Harley.
Saved everything after a system recovery by doing a search for files in my C drive, except for my Trend Micro couldn't be found, so I have been on the net without protection since then.
After reading this thread I reinstalled Trend. It updated itself and ran a system scan. All issues were repaired so if there is a problem on this site, Trend Micro 2008 will catch it and take care of the issue. I seen 3 while running the scan and they were cured.

If you are having issues and know the infected file name, I suggest downloading "Hijack this" from Trend Micro. Run a scan with it, find the file and kill it with that program. It's a powerful program

----- Gimpster -----

M
Nov 26, 2007
Newfoundland
No problems here with Vista/IE7 but I also go directly to the forum page. After the AVG8 free scan and running CCleaner my system is showing everything is fine.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I highly doubt it's fixed. They don't visit this site but once every two months. I've never seen someone that gives a chit less about their forum/webpage.

M
Feb 6, 2008
Rapid City, SD
Admin????

I also sent a message to admin several days ago and have had no response.

If I go straight to the forum page, there's no problem. It's only on the main home page.

Is there an admin? Do they only work during the winter think noone is on here during the summer?

Premium Features