• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hatchers Pass- Palmer side

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
True about a foot or so, but if you go just to right of the toilets in the pics there was some snow there that hasn't been touched all season. That was the best stuff.

Right on, i totally believe you guys, i dipped to the back side it was awesome, and lots of untouched stuff for as many people that were in the parking lot:eek:...i havent seen that lot that full in a long time. Im heading there this morning you all going again? If so im on a 03 800 rmk Blue 151, blue 5 gal "reserve" on the back:D:beer;

I did see you guys, didnt the guy on the assault fall off his sled on the hill just to the right of the crapper at the end of the day? I was loading up when that happened :D

BTW nice pics!!! ill get some vid today....

Last edited:
P
Feb 15, 2008
...couldnt agree more...EPIC...just bottlem less powder and endless fresh lines...and some great fing flat light...i made the mistake and jumped the trail heading across 2 summit lake cause the flat light and slammed into the snow wall on the other side...bent the handel bar with my helmen and almost broke my knee...i laughed at all those people and their kneepad stories.
What kind of knee pads do people wear???
Still an epic day

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
HAve to agree an awesome day untill my chain locked up:(....took us 3 hours to get the sled out. So i guess the ride balanced it out:D...it happend at lsow speed while i was trying to turn around and make another pass at a hill. so hopefully the carnage isnt too bad...after christmas my pocket book is a little beat:(

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
HAve to agree an awesome day untill my chain locked up:(....took us 3 hours to get the sled out. So i guess the ride balanced it out:D...it happend at lsow speed while i was trying to turn around and make another pass at a hill. so hopefully the carnage isnt too bad...after christmas my pocket book is a little beat:(

OH OH:eek: Where have I seen that before:confused: I thought you just had that all apart? Didn't notice anything I take it? Did you forget the locktight on the bottom bolt or over torque it! Hope it is minor.:beer;

S
Nov 26, 2007
Houston ALASKA
summit56
[/URL][/IMG]

This was early in the season at petersville. My buddy's first ride w/ m8.

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
Yep, Hatchers was deep this weekend. Rode yesterday and today. Yesterday was a stuckfest trying to break trail into Lane Hut. We made it in today. Still have to be careful of the rocks though.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I should have stayed in Palmer! The wind was still blowing when we left Seward this morning. We stopped at Moose Pass to ride Grandview but it was -13 so we drove to Turnagain -11, skipped that and rode at Placer -9. Got a few miles and friends m-7 grenaded a belt, fingers frozen by the time we picked all the peaces out, the ride back towards Spencer was cold!

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
:DHeading up in the morning. Red Crew Cab Ford be riding an 07 Summit-X

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
OH OH:eek: Where have I seen that before:confused: I thought you just had that all apart? Didn't notice anything I take it? Did you forget the locktight on the bottom bolt or over torque it! Hope it is minor.:beer;

HAHA ok smart arse:D got it apart, the bolt broke on the lower gear, and YES i did locktite it and its gonna be fun to get out.:mad: the washer got stuck between the lower gear and the chain, looks like it passed around the outside too, cracked the lower part of the case in a couple spots....the chain is good and the gear is ok too, so it looks like im in need of a chaincase (without cover) a 5/16 bolt and a couple seals:eek:

Last edited:
D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
HAHA ok smart arse:D got it apart, the bolt broke on the lower gear, and YES i did locktite it and its gonna be fun to get out.:mad: the washer got stuck between the lower gear and the chain, looks like it passed around the outside too, cracked the lower part of the case in a couple spots....the chain is good and the gear is ok too, so it looks like im in need of a chaincase (without cover) a 5/16 bolt and a couple seals:eek:

Hey Ultrarider, I wonder about that.. When we put the new track on my Crossfire he was going to put the drive bolt back in with out loctite. If I wouldn't have caught it I would be riding now with no loctite on the drive bolt. We believe you AK800, we believe you.. ;)

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Hey Ultrarider, I wonder about that.. When we put the new track on my Crossfire he was going to put the drive bolt back in with out loctite. If I wouldn't have caught it I would be riding now with no loctite on the drive bolt. We believe you AK800, we believe you.. ;)

Ahh when it rains it pours:D....well got a new chaincase for 75 bucks, found it on craigslist, now just got to get the driveshaft back out and make it better:D

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Ahh when it rains it pours:D....well got a new chaincase for 75 bucks, found it on craigslist, now just got to get the driveshaft back out and make it better:D

You're not done yet? What is it that you do for a livin'?:D Glad you found a case Ryan. There is still fresh snow to tear up before you go back to work. Gett'er done! Just use the torque wrench this time!

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Hatchers Pass

Stellar just friggin powder perfect. Storybook day out there today guys. Giddy up to m1ke, he tore it up good.:D

Premium Features