• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colorado 4M Ride 2009

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
he is comeing along for the ride he is rideing a boosted 4 stroke this year he could not stand me haveing way more power than him it should be a blast we will have to hook up for a ride down there see if that little gal wants to two up for a climb again lol.

hehe, so is there going to be 2 farmers there?? ;)

Bushmaster,
I live less then a mile from SLO. Count me in for the festivities. If you need me to do some face to face with the folks at SLO, I can help out. There's a house that's available for rental in my subdivision, and a house (poverty bar) just down the road also available for rental. I'll try to get the web addresses and get those posted. Also, I'll try to remind the staff at SLO to ensure we don't run out off premium fuel for that weekend.

FYI for everyone who hasn't been to SLO before.

Colorado sled permits available at the State Park headquarters, about a mile from SLO. I think the fee will be $30.50 this coming season. They do check for decals occasionally, and ticket people who are not registered.

Wyoming Non-resident sled permits are available at both SLO and Planet Powersports in Craig (970) 826-0060.

Some Polaris drive belts and some different brands of injector oil may be available at SLO, but it's better to plan ahead and bring extra with you. The closest sled shop is in Steamboat 25-miles away. They are a Polaris, Ski-doo, and Yamaha dealer (970) 879-5138. The Arctic Cat dealership is a couple more miles into town. Extreme Powersports (970) 879-9175.

If staying at SLO, trailer and sled parking is available behind the main building around the cabins. For large enclosed trailers, please coordinate with the SLO staff. The jerk who lives Southeast of SLO will call the Sheriff to ticket you if you park on the easement (South entrance to SLO).

The restaurant/bar area has a TV and they usually show the football games.

We have had problems with trespassing around SLO, so please don't ride off the marked/groomed trails until you get into the National Forest. If you don't know where the National Forest boundary is, please ask a local or the SLO staff to show you. We've had too many idiots screw things up for us in the past, and don't need any additional problems i.e. more closed trail and easements, or restricted riding area's.

We have a pretty good co-existence with other users in North Routt (X-C skiers, backcountry skiers, snowshoer's, those ice fishing, etc.) so please give them space and slow down for them on the shared groomed trails. Usually the only place you'll see them is on the trail between SLO and Columbine, or around Steamboat Lake.

I like to ride the deep, tree's, boondock, and find the untouched meadows, so if anyone want's to ride some challenging terrain and be shown the area, I usually depart SLO around 9 a.m. Groups of six or less preferred. Bring lunch, extra fuel, and a survival kit because I like to ride until just before dark.

Thanks for chiming in with the local info Zoomie. I'm down for the guided tour:) I'm sure everyone will respect the residents around SLO and not be out riding in the hoods. I even ordered a quieter exhaust for this year:eek:

Welcome to the ride catman 1200:beer;:beer;

Last edited:
i hate being late on bills

I'll buy beers with all the interest it earns:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer; Not sure there's any monster pulls to test those turbo's up there, but we'll find a good spot for the Sunday shootout and Barbeque on the hill :D Anybody got a cargo sled?

There are actually some pretty good pulls if you know where to look. At least they seemed good pre-turbo days, lol!

Zoomie brings up a really good point about respecting private property around SLO and the surrounding area. There is a ton of small private places as well as a few big ones not far from the lodge. While some of it is well marked and just as much of it very poorly marked. If you have any doubts, error to the side of caution and wait till you get well out past all the cabins to really cut loose. I'm talking a couple miles at least, someone with some better knowledge on this might chime in.

Steamboat lake/Hanns Peak has some awsome places to ride and it can be some of the best boondocking in Colorado. I can hardley wait.

Depending on work in febuary we might hit Buffalo Pass from the Steamboat side either before or after the ride. Hate to be that close and miss out on Buffalo Pass. :beer;:D

Hello All, I just thought I'd drop in and say Hi. I'm moving to Denver in the next month or so and am planning on attending the forum ride and staying with PJ. So I'll see you all there and am really looking forward to meeting all of you.

Well, as this threads resident postwhore....welcome to the neighborhood:)

Paypal sent finally.. sorry for the delay... this time of year i get very lazy.

DJ
Trey
Sean (mtn tech yammi)
Old Man Murray
Jeff
Jamie
i'll give you guys first dibs on a spot in the room. if you don't want in please let me know so i can fill it.

Bdubs looks like you are all set. right?

Great Chris, glad you guys are coming. Won't be long now and the hills will be getting dusted and another sledding season begins:D

Poor Murray, hey that old man can ride, but he needs some boost on that beast though:)

Need Info

This is what I want in a room. 2 rooms with at least one queen in a room and two double in the other. How much is this going to be per night and what is the dept. my check was more this week so I want to get this in ASAP. Rooms must be cabin and join or a motel room that ajoins. I love the suit type and would love to have a hot tub. Am I going to find this at SLO? Or is there another place close by?

SLO only has 4 motel rooms left. They have 2 queen beds, but no adjoining rooms. Deposit on two rooms would be $100.00 and the nightly rate $162.00. I did sign you up for two motel rooms, per your message last week. Let me know if you end up reserving somewhere else. The Glen Eden Resort has a couple of hot-tubs and sounds like a nice place. They were sledder frindly on the phone. I have a feeling some other sledders will end up staying there as well as Dutch Creek Resort only had 3 rooms left. You could always order up one of those portable hot-tubs they roll in on a trailer :) See below for info I posted earlier. Steamboat is only half an hour away too.

Dutch Creek Resort had some A-Frame cabins, with Queens in one bedroom and a couple twins in a loft for $130 a night. They're pretty close, being just on the other side of the lake and have trail access to SLO and the rest. Here's their website http://www.dutchcreek.net/

Glen Eden Resort, 10 miles south in Clark, has duplex cabins with 2 bedroom units on either side, with a queen and 2 twins, for $145 to $155, depending on river view or not. They also have some bigger places for $195 to $215 a night. Have resteraunt, bar, and a couple hot-tubs! but access to the trails and SLO is probably by trailer, but I'm told you can legally run sleds next to that road up to SLO. http://www.glenedenresort.com/

Last edited:
Looking forward to this upcoming event. Can't wait and the snow on the peaks this weekend only makes the itch worse.:D:D

Bushy, thanks for all of your work on these rooms. Now all we need is to get some goodies for the raffle benefit. Who do we want the proceeds to go to this ride?

Premium Features

Back