• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colorado 4M Ride 2009

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Yes, there is going to be a raffle. Just need to figure out where peeps want the proceeds to go.

Do we wanna donate the proceeds to BRC, SAWS, the local trail groomer or Local S&R? Any other ideas?

Yes, there is going to be a raffle. Just need to figure out where peeps want the proceeds to go.

Do we wanna donate the proceeds to BRC, SAWS, the local trail groomer or Local S&R? Any other ideas?
left field idea.................... Donate to any one of many kids cancer foundations.

IMO

Here's deal for you.
I think it should do some good for snowmobillers directly.
You want to bring in us out of towners too, and you want us to buy tickets.
So if you donate it to SAWS, I'll throw in some really good stuff.

A couple pair of RSI pivot risers,
a couple RSI bars, probably a carbon fiber wraped and an aluminum,
a couple Gravity Worx extended throttle cables
a couple RSI extended brake lines
and a couple Gravity Worx Billet dual throttle kits.

I'd bet that others would throw in for them too.
I see SAWS making more effort to keep our areas open than anyone.
That's why I try to do something for them every year.

Last edited:
Student Driver~

That is one HECK of a gracious offer as far as donations go.

I vote for donating it to SAWS, if that means anything...:)

track~

I also vote for SAWS..... That is one group we have not done the raffle for yet...... Darin, as usual, you rock, but you are still n ugly ***ggggger:eek: Hope you can join the ride thisyear... I promise to try and stay out of the ER:D

left field idea.................... Donate to any one of many kids cancer foundations.

IMO

The items that you contributed last year were outstanding. Thank you again and thanks you in advance for this year.

My idea is intended to encourage us to give back. No disrespect intended:):beer;:)

Here's deal for you.
I think it should do some good for snowmobillers directly.
You want to bring in us out of towners too, and you want us to buy tickets.
So if you donate it to SAWS, I'll throw in some really good stuff.

A couple pair of RSI pivot risers,
a couple RSI bars, probably a carbon fiber wraped and an aluminum,
a couple Gravity Worx extended throttle cables
a couple RSI extended brake lines
and a couple Gravity Worx Billet dual throttle kits.

I'd bet that others would throw in for them too.
I see SAWS making more effort to keep our areas open than anyone.
That's why I try to do something for them every year.

Next thought....................Both Pj and I separately have been thinking about "Ride T-Shirts".

My wife and I have a new T-Shirts Shop and would like to print some shirts for the ride.

what do you think of designing a shirt and include sponsors logos.

I will donate all of the proceeds including the cost of producing the shirts the Children's Charity of our choosing.

Any comments on if and what you want on the shirts?

Last edited:
As far as the menu at SLO, they have awesome smoked BBQ dishes. Ribs, chicken, brisket, and combo plates. They have their own smoker right on site.

T-shirts ...great idea!!! If they are heavy wieght 100% cotton, I'll buy one. If you want to do a litho of Hahns Peak or somethig local, I can e-mail you a picture.

Last edited:
here is some sketching

Maybe this on the back with a something on the front left chest. share your thoughts

Forumride.jpg

Thas it awesome!! I would take a couple as well, or more...could you do womens t's (babydoll style) What about forum names on the front???

Alrevedup, I love the tshirt design. I'll take two, one XL for me and one size 7-8 for my kiddo. He loves the logo too:D

I think that it's a great idea that you would like to donate the proceeds of the tshirts to the charity of The Main Street T-Shirt company's choosing. That is only fair since you and your wife will be doing a lot of work to create these shirts.

Student driver, I think that you wanting to donate those things is tremendous. Of course you are more than welcome to attend, the more the merrier. Get with Bushy about seeing if there are any motel rooms available or what other lodging is around. He has done a ton of work on the lodging side of this get together. I too am for donating the proceeds of the raffle to SAWS. It seems like a great organization and I'm sure that they could use all of the help that they can get.

I can't wait for the snow to start piling up.

So exactly what day(s) is this going to be? I don't even remember what month president's day is in :confused:

As far as the menu at SLO, they have awesome smoked BBQ dishes. Ribs, chicken, brisket, and combo plates. They have their own smoker right on site.

T-shirts ...great idea!!! If they are heavy wieght 100% cotton, I'll buy one. If you want to do a litho of Hahns Peak or somethig local, I can e-mail you a picture.
Thanks, send it to me and I will play with it

Im sending the email to you now via a PM

Revved, Love the T-Shirt Idea and design. I'll take one for sure. Also think some sponsor labels from donations is a good way to thank them and help support them a little.

I also vote for raffle proceeds to go to Saws.

I can't wait for Feb. it's gonna be a blast. Now I just need to decide on what sled I'm going to be riding this year.

Saws sounds like a fine choice. I'm sure they already spent the 25 bucks i sent them two years ago :face-icon-small-dis Way to step up StudentDriver, that's very generous! If I recall correct, you'll probably stay with VE69 if you come down?

Since we're going with SAWS, which is a very visible and well respected organization here on SW, we might think of taking this raffle to a higher level and make them some big big bucks. Maybe put out a challenge to all the dealers and try to get some big ticket items (worth the cost of postage) and then open the raffle to the entire SW community? Seems when the folks on SW get behind something a lot gets done! Not so much a CO forum ride raffle, but a SW raffle we administer.....na, just a thought:)

Great idea on the shirts alrevedup and I like the charitable contribution too! Every child should have the chance to grow up. I'll take a couple for sure. A short sleeved and long-sleeved if you can do them.

Oh yeah Zoomie! I forgot Gary mentioned they do the smoker thing up there. That should work out good. mmm brisket! I doubt we'll need a vegetablearian option!

Bushy, I have put in a email to Chris Burandt to set up a meeting. I'm gonna propose to him a few things with his guiding business and some Slednecks vids, gear and what not. Signed, of course. He's a good peep so I hope that things can work out. Wish me luck.

I am also going to talk to Eric and Kim down at VOHK about getting some stuff. I hope that I can get some big ticket items since we are going to send the proceeds to SAWS. I will speak with Donovan at Xtreme too.

VE69, you seem to be the resident expert on raffle items so if you could hook me up with some advice on how to approach these folks, I would greatly appreciate it. I am also thinking of speaking with the owner of Planet Powersports in Steamboat. I am hoping that he will come up with something since he is local and most peeps will most likely use him for parts and what not if, God forbid, there is an emergency with a sled.

Thanks, PJ

Premium Features

Back