• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colorado 4M Ride 2009

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
This place is just a mile South of SLO, and you can ride the roadside to get to SLO and beyond. Good place for a large group.

http://www.povertybar.com/

This one is located in my subdivision and less than a mile South from SLO, and know people who have stayed here before. Just 5 min from SLO via snow packed private road, and the edge of the highway if not snow packed. It's a good sized place, and very nice.

http://www.vrbo.com/11126

Here's another place, not sure the exact loaction but I beleive it's on the other side of the lake from SLO, and close to Sand Mountain and the trail to California Park. Rate is only $175 a night with 3-nights min. stay:

http://www.vrbo.com/97958

Last edited:
Good Work

Bushmaster...thanks for taking the initiative and getting this thing all planned out! Also, those are some friggin' SWEET pictures you have on the Green Mountain website:)

Is there anyone heading to the forum ride from around the Denver/Parker area? I really want to go as I just moved to Parker last month and would LOVE to meet some of you guys/gals and ride together!! I am just looking for some people to possibly ride up there with and maybe share a room with... We can take my enclosed trailer (4-place) and truck if need be...just don't want to be stuck going the whole way by myself:(

I am super excited to ride this year:D:D

track~

I dunno PJ, maybe give it all to CDOT at RE pass for clearing out MC lot:eek:. J/K, Plenty of groups to choose from, from the sled club that grooms the trails to BRC, COHVCO, CSA, S&R, or any number of other volunteer based orgs? I think VE69 is gonna help gather some prizes as he has in the past:D and I'll see what my local dealers can donate.

Thanks for the heads up Zoomie:) Who grooms the trails up there anyway? Routt pow riders?

tracksvs2wheels, you should share a room with the girl standing next to you:face-icon-small-win

Bushmaster...Na, sometimes you just NEED a break...eh?

I think I found someone to take a chance on a newB to CO and allow me to tag along with them to SLO(well, at least stay with them anyway). I just had to promise not to get stuck TOO often:D:D I can't wait to ride with you guys...now all I have to do is tell the boss that I am taking a little vaca during our busiest time:D I know, I chose the wrong career:)

track~

Yep, I heard that:beer;

Figure out how to hang onto that new RMK with it pinned and you'll be fine:D

Tracks, who are you bunking with? I ride RE most of the time, since it is so close to my home. You are more than welcome to meet me and go riding. I plan on riding with Bushy alot this winter (if we can both keep our sleds from blowing up;)) He's a great guy and knows his stuff:beer;:beer;

Sent payment bushy.....

I do plan on spear heading the raffle again. We need to figure out who we want to do it for so I can get the letter put together.....

This is shaping up to be an awsome event....... I can't believe how quick all the rooms have filled up..... SLO may just regret hosting a bunch of wild party animals:eek::beer;:D

PJ~ I think I am roomin' with raginhemi, also from the great suburbia known as Parker. He was gracious enough to extend an offer to stay in his room with another of his buddies...I have slept in ALOT worse places in my life than an air matress:D I think we will bring my trailer and will hopefully have 3 guys along:) I will FOR SURE be contacting you regarding riding some weekends this winter. My g/f is in medical school and studies CONSTANTLY, so she said the more I can get out of the house the better:D:D I guess that will work for the both of us!!

Also, I would like to thank all you guys that have extended a welcoming invite to ride with you this winter...CO is shaping up to be everything I had hoped it to be! Everyone seems really, really nice:beer;

track~

I plan on riding with Bushy alot this winter (if we can both keep our sleds from blowing up;))

fingers crossed PJ :face-icon-small-dis

SLO may just regret hosting a bunch of wild party animals:eek::D

LOL, it's been a while since I been 86'd :devil::face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-sho I got your deposit VE69:)

Also, I would like to thank all you guys that have extended a welcoming invite to ride with you this winter...CO is shaping up to be everything I had hoped it to be! Everyone seems really, really nice

No need to ask here, just show up and braap a few times outside my camper door to wake me up:sun:, we'll find some fun:D

What? Forum ride bushy and I did not even get a PM to come cuddle? I got a new belly pan, now I just need some new / used pipes (Hauck, keep your eye out for me) and I will be up and running. Umm, I kind of got the wife prego, don't know how that happened, lol, so that might put a damper in my riding but I would love and try and get out once, and it would either be for this ride or the spring fling.

What? Forum ride bushy and I did not even get a PM to come cuddle? I got a new belly pan, now I just need some new / used pipes (Hauck, keep your eye out for me) and I will be up and running. Umm, I kind of got the wife prego, don't know how that happened, lol, so that might put a damper in my riding but I would love and try and get out once, and it would either be for this ride or the spring fling.

I hear that is what happens when you slip on the kitchen floor late at night while trying to get to the fridge:D

Dang wood floors:)

track~

Congrats on the CC John:) Come on out if you can swing it! There, your invited! I figure it's an open invite to the guy's I ride with regularly. Scatter some cots and mattress' around until the place is full, then send the rest next door:D

How much for the people that will be day riders. I live in Craig would like to ride a day or two with you guys and maybe hit the dinner.

Umm, I kind of got the wife prego, don't know how that happened, lol,

OK....so when a mommy and a daddy go boom boom in the night......LOL

hey I am having my third on October 6th.............just means I get to ride more cause the wife will be on maternity leave!

How much for the people that will be day riders. I live in Craig would like to ride a day or two with you guys and maybe hit the dinner.

Just the cost of the dinner. Not sure what that will be yet, but not that much and maybe a kids under 12 rate. We will likely do the dinner by reservation, not sure if it will be prepaid or not. The manager at SLO said he will probably close to the general public to do our dinner. They have a small kitchen so our menu selections will be limited to a few entrees. I'll get with Gary up there and see what he thinks they can do best and how much. Looks like they are going to do a breakfast buffet for us too. That won't be by reservation, but they will probably need an estimate of people to plan for.

Would you like donations for the raffle? I wouldn't mind pitching in a few bucks towards a tech vest/bwear gift certificate or avy beacon/shove/probe combo's from Snowbigdeal.

Would other people be interested in donating enough money to get an ABS pack in there for the grand prize?

edit:

I guess that is if there will be raffle...

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back