• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colorado 4M Ride 2009

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Great iceman! I grabbed a few images of Hahns peak off the web and put them here. The first seve pics. http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/Brushcrasher/

That's a long pull up that old volcano!

SteamboatFall4640x480.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, I'm going to try and get a bunch of USFS maps (freebee's) and high-lite the groomed trails and then hand them out to everyone. I'm not sure if I can come up with 75 of them, but at least I'll have a few for every group. What I'll do is use the following color codes:

Green - USFS
Blue- Private land on both sides of the trail
Red - No access with sleds.
Blue/Red - Easement

Hope this will help reduce conflicts between land owners and the 4M group.

FYI for those who are SLO guests (renting a cabin or room) you'll be able to use the easement out the back to access Farewell Mountain. Otherwise it's about a four mile detour you'll have to take to get to Farewell.
Also be aware that Mt Zirkle Wilderness area is to the east of our riding area's, and by Febuary, most of the boundry markers are under the snow, and if you get caught sledding there, the fine and court costs can be quite expensive.

Bush, I'm still trying to get the other fellars to commit, then I guess we'll have to worry about where we're staying-nonetheless I have a topper on my pickup if I come solo. Very nice avatar, I see you were more successful than others in your archery hunt this weekend. I like how you keep the truck for sledding purposes only:)

Bad news: Gary from SLO has sold his smoker and moved back to Oklahoma, so no smoked food at SLO anymore.:(

Oh gee, that's great:rolleyes:, I'll make a call and see what's up at SLO.

Great Zoomie, a map would be helpful, thanks much! After you get it marked up, if you want to send it to me, I can reproduce it at work and make us a custom forum ride map to hand out.

Yeah snoogans, that's some road-kill surprise there:face-icon-small-win Muzzleloader in a few weeks for me, I gave up the pointy stick hunting. I'm challanged enough and don't have that kind of time anymore. I do miss hunting un-spooked game though.

Oh gee, that's great:rolleyes:, I'll make a call and see what's up at SLO.

Great Zoomie, a map would be helpful, thanks much! After you get it marked up, if you want to send it to me, I can reproduce it at work and make us a custom forum ride map to hand out.

Yeah snoogans, that's some road-kill surprise there:face-icon-small-win Muzzleloader in a few weeks for me, I gave up the pointy stick hunting. I'm challanged enough and don't have that kind of time anymore. I do miss hunting un-spooked game though.

POINTY stick!!!? I knew I was doing something wrong. :)

that looks like it could be a fun pull:):beer;

I'll video ya if I can get to the base:face-icon-small-win

Since my previous contact left SLO (Gary), I talked with Sue today about our ride and it looks like all is still good. She said they would honor the agreement we had. Whew! that's a load off!

Since my previous contact left SLO (Gary), I talked with Sue today about our ride and it looks like all is still good. She said they would honor the agreement we had. Whew! that's a load off!

Good to hear! It would be a shame to start all over after all you have done so far. By the way thanks again for putting this together.:beer;

POINTY stick!!!? I knew I was doing something wrong. :)

Yes,yes, first the broadheads get flung, then the pointy sticks start to fly.:face-icon-small-ton

Yes dragon12, me too. Sue was very nice but she really wasn't in the loop on all this, so i'm glad I had the emails we exchanged for some kind of record.

Zoomie, apparently, the wood for the smoker was being imported from back home....Heck, use Alder from along the creeks, that smokes good.

I'll video ya if I can get to the base:face-icon-small-win

better yet why dont u take a poke on my sled and see what a huffer will do to u it will get u addicted

better yet why dont u take a poke on my sled and see what a huffer will do to u it will get u addicted

Heh, heh, I may take you up on that catman:eek:. Got spare sled to ride? lol I measured that pull and it's about 1,500 vertical feet over 500 yards horizontal from the trees to the top, and that's following the shallow part of the slope:face-icon-small-sho

Iceman, we have about 40 signed up so far:)

Heh, heh, I may take you up on that catman:eek:. Got spare sled to ride? lol I measured that pull and it's about 1,500 vertical feet over 500 yards horizontal from the trees to the top, and that's following the shallow part of the slope:face-icon-small-sho

Iceman, we have about 40 signed up so far:)

thats what i like to here vertical feet i got a nother huffer for a back up if need to bee :):beer;

There is an "open house" for the proposed colorado roadless rule in Steamboat Springs Thurday Sept 11th 5-8:30pm at the community center located at 1605 Lincoln Ave. for more info call: 303-589-3322

Premium Features

Back