• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colorado 4M Ride 2009

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
thats what i like to here vertical feet i got a nother huffer for a back up if need to bee :):beer;

No offence, but you aren't climbing that side of Hahn's without a helicopter.:D
I've climbed it from the north, but I don't know if my sack is still big enough to do it again.
If you try the west side I will be at the bottom with a beer for you wether you make it or not.

Two years ago, late winter / early spring my riding buddies and I rode just above the treeline on that side of Hahns Peak. One of the guys rocketed up a couple hundred feet and turned around. The problem isn't going up, it's coming back down as he almost lost his sled to a big pine tree. Last year we could have riden up to the top from the Northeast side, but once you get within 1000 feet of the summit, the snow is windblown hard and often has glazed ice on top of it which makes it difficult getting your track to bite.

Doug, you and Brian a welcome to crash in my room.

You are a good man, Charlie Brown! I was gonna offer but I already have 3 peeps in mine.

This is shaping up to be a sweet time. We have some kickazz sponsors this year too!:beer;:beer;:beer;

I posted in land use contact info for the "proposed" colorado roadless rule. We have until Oct 23 to comment on it.

Too Late to get in?

Hey, is it too late to get in on this? We've been so busy this summer destroying our jeep we haven't really been out to this forum. We are going to try grab a cabin over at dutch creek if they still have some and try to recruite a couple of other buds to come with us. We're going to order some t-shirts but I think we are going to be out of town for the expo so I might have to have see if someone else can pick them up for us:(

Nope, it's not too late, but SLO is all booked up. Better call Dutch Creek right away to get a cabin booked. There are going to be some killer raffle items too!

There are going to be some killer raffle items too!
That's no joke.... I think this year will be the cremdelacrem in regards to the raffle....

THanks to everyone for pitching in this year.... I think it goes to show what can be accomplished with a group effort:beer;

Has anyone listed the itenerary for the 4m ride weekend yet?
Not yet... That will likely come over the next month or so.... Typically, everyone shows up friday and we break out in groups saturday for riding. Sat night is the dinner/raffle. Sunday are group break outs again. I know this year Bushy is attempting to do a grill out on the mnt, b ut not sure which day this is planned for. Either way, this is one event you don't want to miss:beer;:beer;:beer;

Hey, is it too late to get in on this?

Actually we do have one cabin that's available Friday and Saturday night. PM me if you want to reserve it. $50.00 deposit and it's yours.

Speaking of...Can I get a heads up on who is staying what nights. If your plans are firm please let me know so I can get a schedule going. This way we can try to accomadate more people if a room is available. I did reserve SLO for all three nights but I doubt that everybody is staying that long. None of this will be set in stone but it would be nice to have a general idea of how many rooms will be empty and on what nights. SLO is normally very busy on that weekend, so I want to make sure we do our best to fill them up all three nights. If we don't that's fine, but I'd like to let them know so they can book the empty rooms.

Oh they did ask if we might want to have some local talent play music on Saturday night? I'm guessing we'd be paying for it, but probably wouldn't cost much spread out over the group.

I'm thinking it would be fun to do a BBQ on the hill Sunday Afternoon. Maybe in a place where we have a clear view of a play area/hill, chow down and watch people tear it up:D

Chris, you have a queen in 1 room, 2 twins in another and a queen sofa bed, so.....4 with no spoonin or 6 with a little spoonin. I say no spooning, pull up some floor!

Actually I was wanting to know how many nights you think your staying. I'm planning on staying Friday to Monday (big storm sunday night ya know:D).

Pm'd ya Bushy....... We have 4-6 peeps in our cabin.... Should have exact numbers and dates figured out by x-mas..... Our tentative plan is the 13th - 18th. We plan to head up to RE's for a day or two. We may leave SLO and head closer at that point, need to talk with the gang... definitely be at SLO Fr-Mon.

I would be interested what the cost of music would be..... I hope they realize the partying this croud does:eek::eek: specially if the gang from GJ shows up....

Actually we do have one cabin that's available Friday and Saturday night. PM me if you want to reserve it. $50.00 deposit and it's yours.

Speaking of...Can I get a heads up on who is staying what nights. If your plans are firm please let me know so I can get a schedule going. This way we can try to accomadate more people if a room is available. I did reserve SLO for all three nights but I doubt that everybody is staying that long. None of this will be set in stone but it would be nice to have a general idea of how many rooms will be empty and on what nights. SLO is normally very busy on that weekend, so I want to make sure we do our best to fill them up all three nights. If we don't that's fine, but I'd like to let them know so they can book the empty rooms.

Oh they did ask if we might want to have some local talent play music on Saturday night? I'm guessing we'd be paying for it, but probably wouldn't cost much spread out over the group.

I'm thinking it would be fun to do a BBQ on the hill Sunday Afternoon. Maybe in a place where we have a clear view of a play area/hill, chow down and watch people tear it up:D

Bushy, I am planning on staying all 3 nights unless the wifey goes into labor! But I have 2 other guys staying in the room that will be there for the 3 nights.

As far as a local band that sounds cool as long as they can play some modern music. Non of this retro 70s, Bob Dylan covers, bluegrass or reggae crap that most bands up here spew. I'd say that a good local rock band that can cover some current, up to date music would be sweet. But, that is just my opinion. I could even deal with some country music, but no Dixie Chick garbage! I know of a good metal band, they even got signed to play in the next Slednecks flick! But they might be a little heavy for some.

Good idea...Bring on the rock!

I am staying Fri, Sat, and Sun. I would even like to squeeze in another ride on Monday morning if anyone is interested.

Don't worry! We will ride, up there or on RE, but we will ride! It's hard to pass up on 3 full back to back days of riding!

I do believe we are up for Monday as well!!! :D I hope it starts to snow, I need to get out on the snow.......

Premium Features

Back