• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022-23 Stop Ride: (Merged threads)New “stop ride” from Polaris

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
i am also curious what is different with the trail matryx sleds brake system.
they are still being delivered.

Good point.. trail sleds use the same master, it's the caliper/rotor/pads that are different from mountain sleds. The issue may well have nothing to do with the lever.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
I have been wondering if Polaris has changed internal policies or tolerances.

Thinking about the Toyota unintended acceleration issue from a decade ago and how it is often a company's option to issue a recall.

The new guard could simply be more conservative and are doing work to clear the biggest offending issues.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I have been wondering if Polaris has changed internal policies or tolerances.

Thinking about the Toyota unintended acceleration issue from a decade ago and how it is often a company's option to issue a recall.

The new guard could simply be more conservative and are doing work to clear the biggest offending issues.
This crap is happening across the board. I work in a body shop managing the techs and parts guys. Parts is just a total cluster. Cant get a door for a Toyota Tundra for months, same with some German car parts. Other manufacturers must be having guys with no flingers make the products and blind guys packaging them. Several instances we need a left rear door, order a left rear door and the box says left rear door. Open it up and it's a left front door. Call the supplier and reorder and the same damn thing happens. Quality of the parts has gone down hill as well when it comes to fit in the Aftermarket world. Unless getting Keystone premium it seems like its the 1980's quality fit. Parts that are supposed to come with assemblies are not coming with all the parts they are supposed to, some as simple as fasteners and others more complex specific part. I can just imagine being the guy that inspects semi loads of parts as they start rolling into the factory and discovering none of that crap is right but production management is on your ass to get stuff in so they can build machines. Those are the companies I worry about that are not hitting the brakes and fixing what they find before it leaves. I've had enough of that in the past where I get my sled, pop the motor due to a recall they were aware of but never fixed, meanwhile I'm out for 3 weeks and miss a trip because of it.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Good point.. trail sleds use the same master, it's the caliper/rotor/pads that are different from mountain sleds. The issue may well have nothing to do with the lever.
looking at mountain and trail sled part numbers. the master cylinder, rotor, caliper, pads, are different part numbers, but the lever is the same. the plunger appears to possibly be the same. they are both "not available"

Last edited:

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
looking mountain and trail sled part numbers. the master cylinder, rotor, caliper, pads, are different part numbers, but the lever is the same. the plunger appears to possibly be the same. they are both "not available"

Ah yes, I see that now. No part number on the plunger, suppose they could be different.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
So I think I have some promising news with the brake stop ride. My dealer told me most MY23 snowchecks already have the fix on them whatever that might be.

Example that may go with this, is on a boost/9r Facebook page, someone showed the difference between a 22 and a 23 9R. More play on the 23.

So my dealer thinks once the fix is actually approved by whatever board, then the snowchecks will continue to ship.

Hope I explained that well. I want to ride already!!

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Very intersting! I’m at a dealer right now and the 23’ RMK on the floor waiting for the fix, levers are still crazy tight. They happen to have the Matryx indy and its brake lever is significantly looser, more in line with my sled with the 3d lever.

For some reason I can’t post the video.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Very intersting! I’m at a dealer right now and the 23’ RMK on the floor waiting for the fix, levers are still crazy tight. They happen to have the Matryx indy and its brake lever is significantly looser, more in line with my sled with the 3d lever.

For some reason I can’t post the video.
When was that rmk built? He said the later ones should have the loose lever like a video I'm reffering too. Polaris did a run of 850NAs during the summer. So maybe those are the older and affected units?

Still, no doubt all speculation until a full release is made form Poo.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
When was that rmk built? He said the later ones should have the loose lever like a video I'm reffering too. Polaris did a run of 850NAs during the summer. So maybe those are the older and affected units?

Still, no doubt all speculation until a full release is made form Poo.
These RMK are early models for sure, 6/29, 7/6,7/8 and such production.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Different Haye’s brakes on the indy for sure!! If this is the fix, some group of engineers are going to be out in the cold this Christmas…

E6E2144E-349B-4535-95C5-9BA4301366D9.jpegD659336E-6327-45EA-B443-EA9902A68835.jpeg

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Polaris was fined $27 million plus for not reporting a potential problem to CPSC on their OHV's so now the legal dept is calling the shots and they are reporting everything. A knee jerk reaction going overboard the other way. approx 60 cases of brakes overheating, no injuries reported. I'm gonna say not a big deal but I could be wrong.
Fix for brakes is supposed to be announced Thursday.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Polaris was fined $27 million plus for not reporting a potential problem to CPSC on their OHV's so now the legal dept is calling the shots and they are reporting everything. A knee jerk reaction going overboard the other way. approx 60 cases of brakes overheating, no injuries reported. I'm gonna say not a big deal but I could be wrong.
Fix for brakes is supposed to be announced Thursday.
The insane world we live in now!!??‍♂️??

wally1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2008
Has anyone heard of 2022 N/A matryx mountain sleds getting the fuel filter and tank explosion prevention recalls completed yet ? I have heard of some axys sleds getting done but not any matryx sleds.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Has anyone heard of 2022 N/A matryx mountain sleds getting the fuel filter and tank explosion prevention recalls completed yet ? I have heard of some axys sleds getting done but not any matryx sleds.
My buddy got his 22 Khaos 850NA fixed for both recalls so far. Waiting on the brake one now. Labrador, Canada.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
My buddy got his 22 Khaos 850NA fixed for both recalls so far. Waiting on the brake one now. Labrador, Canada.
Today I got the explosion/static issue taken care of but they don’t have any of the fuel filter socks. Those are supposed to be in any time and the brake issue is supposedly fixed this Thursday which you’ve read and I don’t have the issue because I’ve got the 3-D lever.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Today I got the explosion/static issue taken care of but they don’t have any of the fuel filter socks. Those are supposed to be in any time and the brake issue is supposedly fixed this Thursday which you’ve read and I don’t have the issue because I’ve got the 3-D lever.
You don't even know what the issue is... ?

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Mine were done

Premium Features