• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STOP RIDE NOTICE: 2022 Polaris Matryx-- Merged the four threads together- Murph

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Yes. Go try your sled. My TRS doesn't work at all. Which makes them even more dangerous if they ice up. I'm willing to bet a ****load of them don't do anything. On the brightside I don't have to worry about getting stuck on the mountain ever again because a diode broke on my TRS ?

Does your lever pivot pin slide fore-aft smoothly? When you release the throttle, the pin should slide outward releasing the TRS switch. Seems some are mentioning issues where the pin gets caught up, and doesn't disengage the switch. Not sure if this is the recall issue, might be.

Mine's been removed and by-passed, but I'm going to check it out on the bench later. I rely on the tether, and wear it religiously. I know it works and I test it regularly too, I jump ship often, lol.

bcsnowdog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
frank mountain bc
Received second email from Polaris and booked appointment.They will check if cable is kinked and check throttle safety switch.Mine looks good but i guess some were bent when installed and will need to be replaced.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
YUP - they check clearance on the pin - must be at least 20 thousandths clearance - and they check for kink in cable by throttle bodies - sounds like someone on the assembly line kinked a few of them installing them. No idea how many so they have to check them all. - took less than 20 minutes and never took the sled out of the trailer. Got my fuel pump the other day so I am back in business!

T
Oct 16, 2017
YUP - they check clearance on the pin - must be at least 20 thousandths clearance - and they check for kink in cable by throttle bodies - sounds like someone on the assembly line kinked a few of them installing them. No idea how many so they have to check them all. - took less than 20 minutes and never took the sled out of the trailer. Got my fuel pump the other day so I am back in business!
forgive the layman question, but is this kink something readily apparent (IE cable housing has a sharp/non round angled bend) or is it easily missed

N
Oct 29, 2021
Bellingham
This did actually happen to me riding in deep snow. I assumed it was due to throttle icing as has happened with previous RMK PROs (2018). But this was different as the cable did not retract completely and the TRS switch must not have worked.

I ended up losing my cable out of the thumb throttle, machine stayed WOT (luckily uphill deep snow and was able to over break it and kill it). But it was a little hairy for a moment, and then had to reconnect throttle cable to throttle lever.

It did seem like it was an icing issue on the cable where it enters its housing, but maybe it was the poor routing underneath?

T
Oct 16, 2017
I’ve got 250 miles without any sticking. Think I’m gonna leave as is until dealer sees it or dealer notes are posted. Notorious for ****ing with **** and making a problem out of nothing

N
Oct 29, 2021
Bellingham
I’ve got 250 miles without any sticking. Think I’m gonna leave as is until dealer sees it or dealer notes are posted. Notorious for ****ing with **** and making a problem out of nothing
worth taking a peak - this is what I noticed also....abrasion of the housing on the ECM box. Wasnt bad yet but for only 350 miles it wasnt getting better. Dealer told me in 2021 they routed the cable as mentioned before in this thread and he didnt know why they made the change

IMG_6947.jpg IMG_6946.jpg IMG_6945.jpg

T
Oct 16, 2017
So in 21 they routed it on the other side of the coolant hose and they tried getting fancy this year? Looks “normal” no abrasions or anything. Didn’t see any kinks in the exposed cable at the throttle body

M

mt.aero

Nov 14, 2011
Steamboat
Mine did it the very first ride, about 6 miles on the sled. Cable stuck, tss didn't work. Hasn't been an issue since with over 300 miles, but I also did the nxt lvl throttle block and we all have a tether. As far as polaris is concerned, you were warned, so you either stop riding it and get it fixed or you're on your own. If you don't and **** something up, it's on you, not them.

L
Aug 2, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
So maybe I missed it but is it only the sleds with visible signs of linking that are sticking wot? Or can you feel binding in the throttle action as a sign? My sled has been running flawless but this is concerning.

R
Jan 27, 2022
Iowa
Just talked to my dealer. Said they will not even inspect the snowmobile until 18 Feb when they can order parts.
My dealer said the same thing. I called the next closest dealer and they had no problem with inspecting and ordering parts if needed. Says something about them imo.

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
I checked my cable this weekend and it seems fine but the bend isn't ideal, obviously (see pic). Although, I would like to have it rerouted so this doesn't become a problem in the future. From the sounds of it some dealers don't want to touch the sled until some date in the future. That's completely unacceptable to me. How many of you have rerouted your cable? What has to be removed to do it? I'm guessing the side panels, hood and console? Any tips would be helpful as I would like to do this on my own if my dealer expects me to wait and kill off another month of the season.

throttlecable.jpg

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
It took my dealer all of five minutes to check my sled - I can't understand WHY a dealer would make a customer wait. So far my dealer hasn't found any kinked cables and a couple tight throttles. Literally a tech walked into my trailer with a feeler gauge, checked the clearance on the pin holding the flipper on, and then used a mirror and a flashlight to look at the spot where the cable enters the throttle bodies. There was adequate clearance on the flipper and no kink in the cable so I was done. The dealer called me the day the fix was listed by Polaris and scheduled me a time to stop by. As far as I know they were calling everybody who bought a sled from them. That is proper customer service FYI - no screwing around, no excuses, let's get it in here and check it out.

Premium Features