• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022-23 Stop Ride: (Merged threads)New “stop ride” from Polaris

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Got a new notice from Polaris. This one is pretty extensive and involves every mountain sled made since 2016! Don’t ride or start your matryx or axys as it my spontaneous combust!

EE1781E7-928F-438A-8BBB-84EE10611126.png

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
And the hits just keep on coming! Dealers are going to be THRILLED updating this many sleds. Possibly some type of additional grounding needed for the fuel pump?

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
So what happens, pull cord and she explodes? Is this another way to stop guys from starting their engines to slow engine wear and warranty claims? LOL
Good new way for guys to get insurance claims for garage burning down and paying off all the covid toys with the insurance money to get out of debt as inflation hits.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Got a new notice from Polaris. This one is pretty extensive and involves every mountain sled made since 2016! Don’t ride or start your matryx or axys as it my spontaneous combust!
Mine showed some 13 & 14 Pro ride models were included in that fuel tank recall.

30 cases in 230,000 sleds. I guess I'll roll the dice.
I'm with ya. I'm certainly not going to just look at it in the shop when snow flies.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
“Degraded fuel” “partially filled’, “long term storage” and not starting on a full tank was all I needed. The recall is for people who need to be protected from themselves. You know the 30 were more likely not the guys that prep and store their machine during the summer months in a place sheltered from the elements. More likely guys that store outside or in a cooking box of a trailer that sees over 100 degree heat frequently while on a half tank building up pressure like any other normal plastic gas can. Then they go try to fire it up and can’t fathom why there is gas spraying all over an ignition source causing it to burn up. The fix will be a new warning label for those who’s mothers didn’t teach them like our fathers did back in the days (70’s for me when I was mowing at age 5). This is no more than say Exxon issuing a recall because gasoline will catch fire when in contact with an ignition source. Ok, maybe not that dumb but close. It’s to cover the companies ass from litigation from people who really need a nanny state to guide and control their day to day life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
“Degraded fuel” “partially filled’, “long term storage” and not starting on a full tank was all I needed. The recall is for people who need to be protected from themselves. You know the 30 were more likely not the guys that prep and store their machine during the summer months in a place sheltered from the elements. More likely guys that store outside or in a cooking box of a trailer that sees over 100 degree heat frequently while on a half tank building up pressure like any other normal plastic gas can. Then they go try to fire it up and can’t fathom why there is gas spraying all over an ignition source causing it to burn up. The fix will be a new warning label for those who’s mothers didn’t teach them like our fathers did back in the days (70’s for me when I was mowing at age 5). This is no more than say Exxon issuing a recall because gasoline will catch fire when in contact with an ignition source. Ok, maybe not that dumb but close. It’s to cover the companies ass from litigation from people who really need a nanny state to guide and control their day to day life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did your dad make you mow uphill both ways in the snow without shoes when you were 5?

Premium Features